View Single Post

Thread: Upcoming TABLE Code Changes

1. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Upcoming TABLE Code Changes

If there is some place where it is possible to test the new code, that would be really nice.

But since I have the feeling that it is possible to add features, I think it could be hard to locate one that works exactly like the one we will get. On top of that it might even be troublesome if the code is the same, since other (layout-)options might even change how the tables will look.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    If someone were to, hypothetically, make a little Java tool or webpage or something that would let you enter the old-style forum code and then spit out the new-style formatting for you to copy and paste, would you find that useful? I'd been planning to convert the table in my PbPs and homebrew that way already, and I wouldn't mind hosting such a converter somewhere if people would find that helpful.
    If it is easy usable I think that would be nice for some, but it might have some hard stuff (like {BR}-stuff, nested tables, colspan). So it might be helpful to get a easy Tool that does the easy part (which should be rather easy), but with a Disclaimer it will (/might not work) with more complicated stuff.

I personally can say that I would not use, because I generate the BBcode for the post I maintain with a Perl-script, and changing that code to the new should be rather trivial

[I might use such a tool for random posts I will find that uses table, but I'm probable not in the mood to search my past posts for random tables]
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2014-02-20 at 01:58 PM.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!