Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Care to explain that a bit more. I can accept that it may be easier for you to modify behind the scene's, but i don't see how it will be any easier than the current format to get it how you want it to look or add new functionality, (the new gridline and width limit options aside, (neither of which are overly important to it's main uses around here)), currently as you've explained it it functions exactly like the current, except it significantly upgrades the amount of characters needed to do the cell and row separation. It's the exact same functionality we have now. People may be expressing a preference for it, but i don't understand why...
CSS classes.

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
If you don't mind explaining, might I ask what makes the two styles incompatible? As a programmer myself I'd have thought there would be a way to have it translate the GitP style to the HTML style behind the scenes, or implement two separate buttons and parsers, or something like that, but I don't know how dense and resistant to modification the BBcode codebase is.
The two access the code in different ways with features that overlap and do not play nicely alongside each other.