View Single Post

Thread: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Hey man! I backed your TimeWatch just the other day, which looks incredibly fun.

If you're still poking around - I am 100% unfamiliar with Gumshoe. Do I need something in addition to TimeWatch, or am I good?
    Hey, thank you so much! That's fantastic. We're doing shockingly well - 8 days in, we're at something like 1025 backers and 1100% funded. Pinch me.

TimeWatch stands completely alone. I'm using my own version of the GUMSHOE rules that I've tuned for investigation and time travel. I'll also have guidelines for yoinking in rules from other GUMSHOE games, or for using time travel elsewhere, but that's just in the "hacking the game" section.

The download packet has a bunch of quick-start cheat sheets in there. One of them is based off my GUMSHOE 101 sheet that's floating around on the internet, and it does a pretty good job of distilling how to play down to a single page.

A favor? As someone entirely new to the rules, you're kind of an ideal guinea pig test subject playtester; be sure to holler if you read the Jurassic Edition (you can download it in Update #1) and let me know if you find anything that isn't clear and fun to read. I will be delighted to hear what you think, good and bad.

And of course, folks are welcome to holler with questions if I can be of any use.

---

While I'm here, folks should go check out Will Hindmarch's new project "Project: Dark." It's a stealth RPG that is at 200% funding after one day. Looks really cool. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...o/project-dark
    Last edited by Piratecat; 2014-01-29 at 01:31 PM.
    Kevin Kulp
    TimeWatch, GUMSHOE investigative time travel RPG