1. - Top - End - #503
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: General Exalted Thread XV: "We hate it and it looks adopted"

For Gensh:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    What can Infernals do in the Demon Realm? Other than whores?
    Same old, same old. Chosen pawns-agents that are totally expendable ... unlike rest of the Demon Realm these can be acquired from outside and their loss isn't another unrecoverable loss.

Why do non-Infernals want to go to the Demon Realm?
    Power. Demon Realm does not play by Creation's rules and Fate does not apply there.

Why would Infernals give up their glory in the Demon Realm to do anything in Creation? Some will have a desire to save or oppress humanity yes, but what about the sane/lazy ones?
    Creation/Wyld is a resource site that isn't limited. Yozis are FORBIDDEN from creating. And each time they change themselves they sink deeper into "Bound Hellish Horrors" theme wich does not sit well with former Primordials.

If you take stuff from Creation/Wyld ... you can safely experiment on foreign material without risking further degradation.

Why would akuma sign the contract ? Infernal Charms are a nice temptation, but it should go deeper.
    There are demons out there who actively seek agents and look for opportunities to give first dose free.

Example:
    Second Circle Demon to vengeful demonologist:"I will grant you PoWeR for time needed to fulfill your revenge. For proper price, lets say you'll curse those you slay for your revenge to be bound to me in exchange. I'll make sure they suffer for seven lifetimes. For wronging you so horribly my friend."
    *some time later*
    Demonologist:"I did my revenge, Great One. But now ... I remember the glory of your power and find my limits shackling."
    2CD:"Yes, you aged ... your body wastes away. I could sponsor you, but to keep such power and offset your limits ... it'll require compensation in regular intervals. Plus if you break this contract we will never speak again."
    Demonologist:"I don't care, I can send souls and sacrifice lives to you ! I need that power to stop being just another mortal bug."

Power is addictive. Especially when you were powerless before, tasted it and become powerless again.

Akuma thus should be those addicted to demonic power, bestowed upon them temporarily or requiring certain activities to re-charge. Why hollow their souls and make them mere extensions of yourself ? You can give them first taste free of charge.

First Circles would need Sorcery to try gaining such agent (god-blooded stat wise), Second Circles would need proper charm or Sorcery(dragon-blooded stat wise) and Third Circles could get Celestial Level minions this way ... while Yozis could empower champions equal to Solars in raw power.

Yozi Civil War.
    Please. It's Tuesday. I mean its Yozi Cold War. For resources taken from Creation as it gives them flimsy hope ... while reality of Malfeas gives only assuredness of degradation.

And of course remember your Moorcock, kids - there's always something worse out there - even something worse than the Yozis, haha~!
    Of course there are. Some Yozis had degraded beyond point of salvation and have to be kept under thumb by legions of demons sacrificing their lives daily to prevent their contagious madness from spreading and infecting relatively sane Yozis. Cause Hell is bad enough and if were all Yozis go as bad ...

Neverborn whisper to their still active counterparts, instilling them with the suicidal insanity and destructive thoughts. And what Primordial thinks takes shape.

Oramus writhes in his forced coma, unable to warn his siblings, while his Forge the infamous Without looms ... and there are rumors that whenever Ebon Dragon moves nearby he hastily withdraws.

The only being that kept all from jumping at each other throats, Demon King Malfeas ... shows signs of weakening. And if Contagious Madness break him further, he'll become King of Ruin. That Ebon Dragon will weep in sorrow ...

Yozis dimly remember Others, Primordials that didn't liked Creation's project ... or who refused Holy Tyrant's claim of dominion and fled. There are concerns that they might be still observing ... or worse, returning.

What's worse than infighting and degradation is one simple fact.
    Yozis ran out of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gjTHypJZ0 an appropriate soundtrack
    Last edited by Rikandur Azebol; 2014-01-07 at 05:30 AM.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.