1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: General Exalted Thread XV: "We hate it and it looks adopted"

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    ...I note the Eclipse-bound oath only says to "report" for execution.
    Well, she promised to go find the Chosen of Endings in question and not resist whatever she decided. (Said Chosen of Endings is her friend, and they've had lengthy discussions about trust, which look really prophetic in retrospect.)

... of course, as Maugan points out, her Dragon-Blooded husband made no such promise, and nor did anyone in authority in Lookshy. Since the entire thing is conditional on "when Lookshy has just defeated the Mask of Winters", and the Gold Faction apparently has prophecies indicating that the Eclipse in question will be critical to this victory*, it's possible there may be some other roadblocks in the way of her fulfilling her oath

*Probably because she's a former Thorns resistance leader with friendly contacts in the Silver Pact, the Realm and the Guild, and alliance-building is her schtick. It almost certainly isn't because of her combat capabilities - that's the other thing, if the Chosen of Endings wanted to assassinate her, it wouldn't actually be difficult (although admittedly considerably harder now that she has a Lovers' Oath with the combat-focused Fire Aspect).
    Last edited by Ifni; 2014-01-01 at 07:34 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.