Quote Originally Posted by Zavod View Post
The Lute card says you can flip a "Bard Song" card.

My question is: If you have 3 "Bard Song" cards in play, can you flip all three of them at once to get 3x the bonus, or are you limited to one per turn?

I played with flipping all 3 and it worked fairly well. But it is fairly powerful.
You played it correctly. It is fairly powerful, but can only be used once before needing to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ske View Post
My first game to reach Xykon's lair "ended" about an hour ago, but we weren't sure on how to handle Xykon exactly. It was a short game (2 player), so we were on level 4, and I enter the Throne Room and find Xykon. Unluckily, just prior to this, I had picked up a new battle deck hand consisting of a beige dragon and three demon roaches (one was the king). My friend chose to put a leader with horde ability down beneath Xykon along with something else, so I already had to put at least the rest of my battle hand in the room as well. Seeing as this consisted of the three henchmen, the battle size was suddenly so big, that we couldn't avoid supporting something with horde, no matter what we put down (more or less). When we were done, the rest of the battle deck cards were in that pile, giving Xykon 68 attack and defense from the 25 undead and goblins under him. Is this right? We ended the game shortly after, seeing as none of us (Roy, Durkon) could anything about him like that.
Yes, you played it correctly. This is one of those things that works out better when you have played the game a few times and can predict the likely results. It is usually to the benefit of players to not carry around demon roach cards when someone is going towards Xykon, or to save cards that can nullify Xykon's Support somehow.

Also, don't forget that there is no limit to the amount of Loot you can offer NPCs from your hand for one battle, so in a two-player game, you can offer Loot to V, Haley, Belkar, and Elan in large quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumquat View Post
1. some of the Xykon floor cards specify that you can not rest in that room, while most do not, and the Safe Haven specifically says you can. Does this mean that the part on the safe haven is just an extra sentance, or can you not rest in the rest of the xykon floor rooms and the Xykon's Secret Layer cards have the extra sentance?
It is an extra sentence, leftover from a point in time when the proto-rules said you couldn't rest in ANY room in Xykon's Lair. That proved too harsh, so we changed it to only not being able to rest in the corridors. However, the room still functions normally, and may be useful in certain variants where the rules again state that there's no resting in Xykon's Lair.

2. this is more of a general curiosity question, but why can you only use Roy's charge schtick when going into empty rooms, rather than anytime you end your movement in a room causing you to fight monsters?
Balance. Roy is really powerful already, and giving him the option of using Charge in essentially every fight would be too much of an advantage.

also, do you have to choose to use the charge before monsters are played or can you wait to see what you have to fight before choosing whether you charged in?
You can use Charge at any time after the first Monster is played up until you roll the die.

Quote Originally Posted by ira212 View Post
OK, let me try again:
Durkon: Belkar, I see that you're 1 wound away from death. I could heal you with my twice-boosted Cure Assorted Wounds for 3. In compensation, I would expect loot worthy of my immense holy power of healing.
Belkar: I have this loot that you doubly drool over. Would that meet your needs, your holiness?
Durkon: Yes, my child. I heal you. (flips over the Cure Assorted Wounds spell.)
Belkar: (hands Durkon a loot card...)

Given the agreement, must Belkar give Durkon the claimed loot (i.e. does Durkon know what he's getting in advance?), or could Belkar give anything?
Belkar is not required to show Durkon what Loot he will give in advance. If Belkar agrees, Durkon heals him, and then Belkar picks one Loot from his Loot Stash and hands it to Durkon, without requiring Durkon's approval. Belkar could, I suppose, show Durkon a specific Loot and say he will give it to him in return for a heal, but the rules do not require Belkar to honor his word in that regard.

Remember that ALL Loot is useful, though; Durkon gathers a lot of Loot that isn't Drool-Worthy, but he can then turn around and use that to gain assistance in battle.