Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
And then facing the consequences of treating a black dragon as yet another monster... by perpetrating mass murder.
Not to drag things off-topic there, but I will point out that V never thought of the ABD as "just another monster". V just vaporizes ordinary monsters dispassionately prior to the Darth V incident.

The Ancient Black Dragon was deeply personal for her, and she hated that creature about as much as I think an elf can hate. The mass murder wasn't out of callousness, it's because V, running high on omnipotence after spending months feeling trapped and powerless, gets a chance to lash out at an enemy who had hurt her more personally than any other villain in this strip, and uses it to make her suffer for it.

--

Back on-topic, this was not the response I was expecting from Tarquin when Elan inevitably called him out on what he just did. I was expecting him to site simple pragmatism, like it was just common sense, or demand if Elan would feel so magnanimous if it had been one of HIS friends Nale vaporized and bragged about, but this seems even more callous than the mindset I'd been expecting. I was interested and pleased that Laurin did seem to display the genuine villainous solidarity I was expecting from Tarquin...I'm still hoping Team Tarquin gives us a chance to explore a villainous gang with genuine friendships binding most of them together, especially since we can now explore a valued member of that friendship being gone.