1. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: How do Dragons exist? With a lot of Luck!

Ok, currently on my (not-so)smartphone so I'm not gonna do my normal rant (same as the fate post I just made), those will have to wait until there's time, however...lucky combat you say? Easy as pie...

Ask Cohen the barbarian (Discworld reference) how to survive countless brutal combats and he'll tell you simply 'don't be where the blades go'. This is at the heart of a dragon's defensive and offensive movements. Whenever you swing a sword or fire an arrow at a dragon, chances are they will somehow have moved in a seemingly random manner, resulting in glancing blows and near misses more often than not. Often it seems that the dragon has simply changed his mind as to where he was going, perfectly timing his random change of approach to the blow you aimed. The dragon, disturbingly, hardly seems to notice this fact and acts as if you must have missed on purpose, but the glimmer in his eyes betray a whimsy as they sweep past your's to watch a butterfly land on a flower, turning laconically from your rapier thrust to his torso with supernatural luck. As you lean forwards, having expected your perfect blow to have landed, you stumble just a moment and barely have time to see the claw as it sweeps past your throat and you feel the depth of the mortal wound. You fall to the floor in a perfect arc, watching the fatal claw as it gently picks the flower with the butterfly on it and swallows it whole with a gentle reverie. The dragon looks down at you with a melancholy sigh and whispers 'better luck next life stranger'...

Something like that I think.
    Last edited by Veklim; 2013-08-10 at 07:19 PM.
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC