Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
After reading through the Fate thread some ideas suggestions on luck:

-Luck seems something like anti Fate, ala the Mule in Foundation it is probably harder to predict the fate of an individual the more lucky it is, since it can adapt and evolve depending on the changes of Fate.

-Drawing on the above magic is probably the bridge between Luck and Fate, combining just the right pinch of the two to do what is needed/beneficial to the user at that certain moment.

-So basically, Luck modifies people based on the environment (in an egoistical way, survival of the fittest/luckiest), Fate modifies environment based on people (in an altruistic way, survival of the world, the good of many), Magic mixes both.
Your correcting in all of you conjecture. Luck and Fate are polar forces, with Magic a combination and product of both. Luck could make something more unpredictable, but it also stands to reason that a general outcome could be predicted, just not individual events. This sort of lines up with Fate's prediction system well, so far as we have it.

Your third point puts it eloquently, and it thrills me that you picked this up from my systems with out me explicitly explaining it to you. Success!

-I would like to see a Luck based way of fighting, thinking randomly, doing things at gut feeling, reacting to the enemies/environment.
As in, Magic has offensive, Fate has offensive, Luck needs to figure out what it's offensive manipulations are? Yeah...still trying to figure that out. Perhaps manipulating and charming? So like, turning plants against someone, or causing animals to attack? Making things grow faster?

-Dragons are probably more energetic/adventurous than elves.
Probably. Though its not a general blanket, just more likely to be.

-Dragons should also have representations of the elements, I can see Earth dragons being lucky enough to find the treasures below, and being savvy merchants and filling the greedy dragon archetype.
I have 11 12 kinds of dragons - Wind, Shadow, Sea, Water, River, Earth, Land, Forest, Cliff, Ice, Glass, and Sand.

I don't have Fire...but I suppose the Shadow dragons are the closest to that. Perhaps I can swing this kind of flavor more. I'll keep it in mind as I am progressing. If something jumps out at you, let me know!

-Fire dragons could be the classical wandering dragons, destroying and hoarding, just leaving themselves to where the luck takes them.
Perhaps "fire" dragons could be the exiled ones that are left to wander the land. Hrm.

-Water dragons could be masters of self evolution, paraphrasing Bruce lee, Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put water into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water my, Dragon.
An interesting idea! I'll see what happens, though this seems more like something for the Water Elvori. Remember living things are made up of all 4 elements combined in complex ways.

Either way, I appreciate your responses! Nice to have new blood in the fold! Thank you for taking so much time and interest to read both this and Fate!