I'm surprised at the number of votes for Nale and Durkon right now. Like someone else mentioned, Nale's probably earned a stay of execution with that most recent comic (it would be kind of a waste otherwise), and I'm fairly convinced he'll survive to the next book if only to be one of the multiple sides that the cockroaches talked about. I'm almost thinking that means Z needs to survive a little while as well, just to give Nale a bit more firepower without having to reestablish a whole new character so close to the end. As for Durkon, I think his destruction at this point would make his vampirization entirely pointless (plus there's the prophecy about him bringing death and destruction to his homelands--that could be accomplished in a different way, but vampirism is the most likely at this point IMO).

I honestly think it's more likely than not that we're done with major deaths for this book--there's so much fallout to be had from the one's we've seen already that adding more would just be ridiculous. I can't think of who I would bet on as a backup anyway--among the Order, Elan and probably V are protected for plot-based reasons, Roy's already died and seems unlikely to do so again, Haley and Belkar are possibilities but probably too close to Durkon's death. Tarquin is a remote possibility, but I think he'll probably have a role to play in the next book. Sabine and Qarr are our links to the IFCC. Blackwing is a possibility, I suppose, but I feel like he's got more to do with V. Mr. Scruffy will probably outlive Belkar so we can all feel sad when the cute kitty mourns. Any of the Azurites (except probably O-Chul) would be possibilities, but probably not after we've spent so much time away from them. I'm just not convinced enough that any of these other characters' time is up yet to switch my bet, so I guess I'll leave it as-is (on Kilkil), since I believe I'll still be able to change it later. If no one dies between now and the next book, I'll probably change it then.