View Single Post

Thread: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    Welcome to the Jungle Playground Matt. Always nice to have game designers come here and talk about their stuff.

I figured that the high cost was one of necessity rather than greed, no worries there. What kind of additional products would be offered at the SAGE level with the stretch goals? I'm primarily interested in other physical books; even if just one other hard copy is added (players guide, adventure, etc) that would be enough to help justify the $75 cost. Two books for that amount is still expensive but they'd be new products and I expect a certain amount of price inflation due to the nature of kickstarter (need the capital to make the product in the first place).
    So we're looking at several things. One, we want to increase the actual size of the book. So for the same cost, you'll get an even larger sourcebook with even more material. Two, we're looking to add separate adventures and supplimental guides--not unlike ones you would find with other large publishers. Lastly, we want to include the Hacker's Guides that we speak about on the Kickstarter page. These will assist you in integrating our game with the game of your choice. So, if you wanted to integrate Red Aegis with Pathfinder (for example), we would have that included. I'm going to do everything I can to make this game both enjoyable, and affordable. The starting line is the hard part to get past at first :)
    Last edited by Matt James; 2013-07-24 at 12:17 PM.