Quote Originally Posted by Ske View Post
My first game to reach Xykon's lair "ended" about an hour ago, but we weren't sure on how to handle Xykon exactly. It was a short game (2 player), so we were on level 4, and I enter the Throne Room and find Xykon. Unluckily, just prior to this, I had picked up a new battle deck hand consisting of a beige dragon and three demon roaches (one was the king). My friend chose to put a leader with horde ability down beneath Xykon along with something else, so I already had to put at least the rest of my battle hand in the room as well. Seeing as this consisted of the three henchmen, the battle size was suddenly so big, that we couldn't avoid supporting something with horde, no matter what we put down (more or less). When we were done, the rest of the battle deck cards were in that pile, giving Xykon 68 attack and defense from the 25 undead and goblins under him. Is this right? We ended the game shortly after, seeing as none of us (Roy, Durkon) could anything about him like that.
You did it right. Whenever you go down to Xykon's level, you really want to be careful about how much support you give him. In your case, you should have made sure your battle hand was adequately stocked with non-support cards before you went down. And opposing players need to make a balance between having a Xykon that will stop you this time and having a Xykon that can never be beaten.

In your case, there were also a few things you can do. First, Durkon's turn undead schtick can still be used on all the undead under Xykon, which would remove some support. Second, if you get the Screw This card "I forgot they could do that", you can remove Xykon's support Assist and then have a much more even fight.