Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
Is Bardic Music is an Extraordinary ability? It neither provokes an attack of opportunity and is unlabeled so where does it default? Is it a Natural ability?

Better yet, how about Bardic Knowledge? Same circumstances? A Commoner taking their next level as a Bard spontaneously suffers a physical mutation that lets them sing and "knows some relevant information about local notable people, legendary items, or noteworthy places"? This is starting to sound like the plot for Heroes where everyone just spontaneously starts to develop super powers
Bardic Music is yet another of those unlabeled abilities like Sneak Attack and Spells, but unlike those, each application has a tag fitting in Ex, Su, or Sp (I don't think there are any Ex Bardic Musics, but I may be wrong). And it does indeed look like Bardic Knowledge is either a Natural Ability, if we agree that not being listed as Ex, Su, or Sp means Natural, or simply unlabeled, if we're going by RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
This is just unnecessary. This isn't about winning an argument. It's about discussing whether spellcasting is a natural ability, a special ability, or unlabeled (and only unlabeled). There's no winner here.
No it's not unnecessary, his posts have become increasingly critical and reliant on belittling the opinions of the other people in the conversation rather than substantiating his own claims. I was directly insulted, and I am not about to let that pass without remark.