Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
Er, no, if there's a thing that says if it's Ex, then it's Ex. If there's no such thing saying it's Ex, then it's not Ex. It would be reasonable to say that something that is entirely unlabeled is Na, because Na is not Ex, Su, or Sp, but frankly, I think it's fairer to say that it's just not any of those. Find me the general rule that states, nearly word for word but perhaps with synonyms if need be, "Unless otherwise stated, the ability to cast spells (as used by several spellcasting monsters) is treated as an Extraordinary ability." Until you find me that phrase, then RAW is treating them as unlabeled.
So the fact that the FAQ completely contradicts you on your "something that is entirely unlabeled is Na" statement doesn't bother you? I mean, I just showed a clear statement that says that the default for unlabeled class abilities is Ex.

Also, I thought we were assuming that Spells are a Special Attack, and Special Attacks are always Ex, Sp, or Su. Why have we suddenly gone back to the beginning yet again?

I support it as a "nothing" because "Bonus Feats" isn't an ability. The feats grant you an ability, but you don't use "Bonus Feats" as a power in battle. "I activate my Bonus Feats!" "Oh, you can't do that in an AMF." "Sure I can, Bonus Feats is an Ex ability!" No. Don't be silly.
And yet DR 5/- is explicitly an Ex ability, but you don't activate your DR as a power either. DR 5/Magic is explicitly supernatural, so that actually does go away in an AMF. So... you're now nowhere near RAW. You might want to go back and reread the Monster Manual section on Special Attacks and Special Qualities (it starts on page 299). You'll find that most Special Qualities do not get activated, and many do go away in an AMF.

And your question is moot, because there is no rule in the PHB stating all Sneak Attack to be Ex. I think Sneak Attack as used by a Rogue with Rogue levels is technically not Ex because it is not labeled as Ex.
FAQ directly contradicts this, saying "It's reasonable to assume that sneak attack is an extraordinary ability."

I think Sneak Attack as used by a Babau who gets it racially to be Ex, because it is labeled as such. Really, it's not that hard to understand.
It's hard to understand when I just quoted you the designer telling you you're wrong, and you're directly contradicting this.

JaronK