Quote Originally Posted by JaronK View Post
No, the reason so many abilities are unlabeled is that the designers were lazy.
Ah. Okay. The way it was worded it seemed like that was the answer to why everything we're talking about is extraordinary by default. Got it.

Quick, what sort of ability is White Raven Tactics? There's no label on it. There's a general rule that Maneuvers are Ex (except in certain situations) but WRT isn't labeled.

So... is it a Natural Ability, or an Extraordinary one?

The point is, things default to Natural only if there's no other way to determine what they are. If there are other rules out there that tell you what they are, that's not the same as a completely unlabeled ability.
It's a maneuver, so it's extraordinary. I meant things like bonus feats, which are completely unlabeled. While the feats themselves are extraordinary, the "bonus feats" class feature is unlabeled everywhere, as far as I know. Wouldn't that just leave it as an unlabeled ability, rather than any of the Na, Ex, Su, or Sp categories, considering it's not a special ability?

I didn't make an argument either way for extraordinary or natural for unlabeled abilities. I'm just wondering.