1. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Got a Real World Weapons or Armour Question? Mk XII

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeFighter View Post
    That hunting desensitize people to killing humans. This is a very big claim to make without any sort of evidence, and a very insulting one to those who do hunt, and those who work in farming and animal slaughter.
    I am not saying hunting desensitises people to killing humans, I am saying that it can be used to do that. If you want to teach somebody to kill without killing a man, then killing an animal is the next best thing. If you live in an ancient or medieval society where it is necessary (or perceived as necessary) to militarise your youth to kill, then getting them to kill animals at range and in close quarters is a good first step.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeFighter View Post
    There is a BIG difference to the use of hunting as part of training in terms of accuracy and skill at tracking and use of a weapon against a live target and saying that it desensitize people.
    I think you are reading too much into what I am saying. I am not saying hunting turns you into an amoral killer.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2013-05-28 at 08:26 AM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)