1. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Got a Real World Weapons or Armour Question? Mk XII

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    And plate has gaps. exposed hair or cloth may catch fire, eyes will take damage, and so on.
    Oh I fully agree - that's one of the assumptions I was making since trying to work out how much of a typical knight in plate was actually flammable sounds like too much modelling for me.

Assuming the average fantasy hero can't get ahold of Nomex and an SCBA.
    Or a ring/spell of fire resistance/immunity.

That said I believe that using treated hides or leather was popular for fire proofing things in siege situations.

And all the way over where? I work in Boston's northern suburbs.
    Sorry, I took your 3am and 55mph comment literally and had you pegged at GMT+7, putting you somewhere around Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Assuming that you don't scream from the external burns. Before you scream, you'll reflexively inhale sharply and deeply. Think about it. Sure if you've been fireballed before you might know to hold your breath, but I imagine most would panic having a large blast of flame in their face...

I figure that'd factor in under "Saving Throw" rules in DnD worlds *shrug* Abstraction is a great thing.
    I would expect anybody living in a magical environment would well be aware of particular signature spells, let alone an experienced fighting man who's probably been on the receiving end a couple times already.

In D&D terms, I think overcoming your natural reflex would probably a Will save, but I believe fireball and other such spells are Reflex saves to represent you getting the hell out of the blast zone.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2013-05-16 at 07:03 AM.