View Single Post

Thread: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Dungeon Crawler Minis

* Finished! *

Update: All done! There's now a botanimoth ($25 painted / $20 painted), a giant tentacle ($4 unpainted / $6 painted), a mermaid ($2/$3), and a peryton ($3/$5), each with a couple different paint schemes. (Check the spoiler at the bottom for pictures.) There are also a few new pledge levels which simplify things a bit, with a set of minis for a set cost (like 'skeleton crew' at $30 for 5 prepainted skeletal firbolgs).

DC Minis is having a Kickstarter with some nice looking miniatures. And it has already been funded! Yay! So far there's a kraken and a skeletal firbolg available (prepainted or unpainted), along with some interesting flags, banners, torches, spheres, and number counters. (Check the Kickstarter page for pictures of the different possibilities.)

Here's a direct link:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...asy-miniatures

DC Minis has been around for about a year and a half, and have already produced some cool figures. I own most of their earlier minis, and they've all been well sculpted and painted. So I'm definitely cheering for them to be able to make more. A peryton becomes available if they get about $1k more (as of Sunday evening), and there are a bunch of other nice looking minis lined up after that.

The centerpiece is a beautiful but expensive kraken, at $60 unpainted, or $75 painted. The firbolg skeleton is $6 unpainted, $9 painted, with a 4-for-the-price-of-3 offer if you want multiples. Shipping is free (in the US), but there is a minimum pledge level ($10) if you want to add on individual minis. Their past minis are also available, for roughly the same price they've always been.

And here are some pretty pictures of the minis:

The Kraken: ($60 / $75)

I've spoilered the other pictures so they don't eat up all the space on the page:

Spoiler
    Show

Firbolg skeleton: ($6 / $9)

Peryton: ($3 / $5)

Mermaid: ($2 / $3, and one bonus figure with any order)

Tentacle: ($4 / $6, and one free bonus for each Kraken in an order)

Little extras (torches, banners, flags, and orbs): ($5 for a set of 4)

And the next stretch goal (at $45k), which is a huge carnivorous plant called a Botanimoth

Last edited by Snu; 2013-04-21 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Tentacles!