Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn View Post
Alright, I figure I'll give this a try, and see what happens.

I'm hoping to find a Dm for a d20 Modern game focused around a Shadow Hunter, with a very "Supernatural" feel to the game.

I'm a fan of the Shadow Chasers setting, with Urban Arcana and maybe even a dash of Shadow Theory mixed in.

I've got a second player to do a duo game - which is all I'd hope for. A smaller player base will hopefully help with the pace and complexity of the game, after all.

I figured I'd type up a bit of writing for your enjoyment as well - if you're interested, feel free to Pm me.

Spoiler
Show

June 19th, 2005

Medicine Bow, Wyoming. Talk about a back-woods town. That is, if there were woods. Don't get me wrong, I think the moutains are nice, but this place is more open flatlands than forest. I can understand why a nature spirit would settle here - it's just about as isolated a place as I've seen. It wouldn't be a problem if people hadn't started disappearing.

The locals don't talk about it much - they seem to be pretty terrified, and it's understandable. Three surveyors looking for oil have gone missing in the last month, all of them in freak sleet storms that came out of nowhere. The few folks I've gotten anything out of are convinced that the earth is rising up and protecting itself. They're probably not far from the truth. Native legends I was able to find talk about the trees picking up the weapons of the fallen warriors in the past.

Maybe there's more to it than just legend. I don't know how I feel about it, but I've got to do something.

June 22nd

You'd think a little town would be more welcoming than this, but I suppose with everything going on, I can't really blame them. For all they know, I'm bad mojo.

Well. I am, but not for them.
I managed to track one of the surveyors a few miles into the mountains, but his trail just disappears. I know there's something going on here - it wasn't like he waded through a stream, or I lost him in some rocks - I followed his tracks right into a patch of gumbo, and they just stop. It's like something just reached out and plucked him off the face of the earth.

On my way back to town, I could swear I saw a monster bear down in a cut, but the hotel clerk told me they'd never had a problem with bears around here. He did warn me to watch my step for badgers and the occasional wolverine - they were known to roam through on occasion. I know what I saw. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm taking a bigger gun with me next time. I wonder if Mitchell can get his hands on some hand grenades or something. I don't want to be bear chow.

June 23rd, 0200 -

Alright. Quick entry - I know I heard something. I'm half asleep, but this wasn't a dream - my heart is about to beat out of my chest. There was something snorting around outside my bathroom. I don't know how much sleep I'll get, but I ain't going out 'till the sun comes up. My rifle is in the car, and I'm not sure I could take a bear with my bare hands. Bear. Bare. Gods I'm tired.

June 23rd, 0815 -

Well, it turns out the locals were right. It wasn't a bear. It was a wolerine. I'm not the best tracker in the world, but I can tell the difference between the two - it's not difficult. The confusing part was the fact that this wolverine track was a lot closer in size to that of a grizzly. I think I'm going to have to be more careful. I think it must be what I saw on my drive. If it followed me, that means I'm getting close.

Side note - I found a couple small sucker branches growing out of the wood panelling on my old crown vic. Definitely something with ties to nature and plants. Time to stock up on supplies.

June 24th,

Well, Medicine Bow will soon be in my rearview mirror. I was right - the best I can conclude, the creature was a woodling - some manifestation of the forces of nature. I've never known nature to be talkative before, but I've never had it between a rock and a hard place either.

I drove back out to the spot where I lost the tracks, and after setting up camp, I started a bonfire, using some sage brushes as kindling hoping to draw the things attention. Some locals said it used to be used as a smudge to ward off evil spirits. Lucky day, it worked.

I almost missed its' approach - it didn't make any more noise than the rustling of the leaves in the wind - and by that, I mean the leaves that were it's hair. I'd say "She" would be the most appropriate way to describe the thing, since it seemed to have taken on a very definite feminine form, but unless you're into getting freaky with a pine tree, I wouldn't go much further than assuming its appearance.

She stood at the edge of the firelight, and seemed willing to talk, though she was laconic, to put it lightly.
The best I could gather was that she cared only for the preservation of her land. Through negotiation and a careful demonstration of napalm, I was able to convince her that it would be in her best interest to return the captured men, who she assured me were alive and well, rather than have me detonate the gas cans full of fiery death I'd scattered around the area. In return for the men, I'd leave and convince them not to return, which turned out to be incredibly simple.

I gathered the cans and the men and left. Whatever she was, I don't think she wanted to hurt anyone - she'd kept them fed and cared for and unharmed, though they'd likely have nightmares about wild animals for years to come. It sounded like she had more than just the Woverine-hulk at her beck and call.

The locals never had a problem before, and the geologists already hit the highway. I'm going to get one more nights sleep, then I'm off. All things considered, not a bad weeks work. No one dead, and I never even got shot at. One for the books, for sure.
I got this (ages ago, in fact, but I forgot to post here and say it's off the market).