View Single Post

Thread: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ehdrigohr Kickstarter - pretty incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    I'm liking it, as well as the FATE Core one, which I hadn't seen either.

Now it's just a matter of how much to fund
    For once, I have a small RPG money surplus... I am thinking of upping Ehdrigor from $15 to $25, and will do so if the color book is close to being unlocked. (Shame the pdf isn't included, too, at the $25 level). I think it looks incredible.

Today, I upped my FATE Core pledge from $30 to $55. Fred from Evil Hat posted a preview of the Magic system(s) from the toolkit book, and it's pretty amazing. I decided I needed the toolkit in hardcover, too, and didn't want to wait for both to be done for shipping.

Like I've said elsewhere, I think the FATE Core kickstarter is basically the Reaper Minis kickstarter for written RPG material. The amount of stuff you get even at the $10 level is just shocking. Also, since you get the (mostly laid out) PDF right away, you can check out the game itself. I like what they're doing with the system.

But! I wanted to post here about Ehdrigohr because the FATE one has gotten a lot more buzz. And I think the author of Ehdrigohr is doing some really, really interesting stuff I haven't seen (done well, at least) before.

(Edit: The Ehdrigohr author is also on board with an artist who seems atypical for RPG art, and I love that, too. The giant turtle, the scary dude on the rhino... And now all this cool stuff.)

-O
    Last edited by obryn; 2013-01-11 at 01:31 PM.