View Single Post

Thread: Request an OotS Style Avatar XXI

1. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Request an OotS Style Avatar XXI

Quote Originally Posted by urkthegurk View Post
    That's pretty Oots style. Its not maybe exactly what the giant would have created, but it fits the aesthetic. The flail, maybe, isn't clunky enough, and the skull-mask could look more like an oots smiley face. But I don't remember how oots handles flails, and there aren't a lot of masks around, so its not like its violating some precedent.

Just my two bits. I like it ;P
    It is definitely similar, but there are also two definitely different takes on it that I've seen. The type in Grailkeeper and Gryffon's avatars (just looking on this page) is more like what I'm talking about. Also my old one, if you've seen it. I'm not an artist so I couldn't tell you the exact difference, but maybe the lines are thicker or something? That seems to be one of the things. Also skull-type heads are done in a specific way with the square jaw, take a look at Xykon.

Your avatar, in addition to Kymme's and the one he made, are in that second style, where things are all a bit thinner, and more detailed. I do like it though, and appreciate it. I'm just looking more for the other type.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Mm, I see the problem, Baron Corm. The photobucket album Kymme uploaded it into has a space in the title, that's what's led to the '%20' in the URL.

The forum doesn't like spaces in the album name. That's the short of it. You could rehost it on your own photobucket account, in an album without a space in its name, like I see other people with Kymme avatars have done.

Apart from letting Kymme know and change the folder, that's really all that can be done. Sorry.

(Source: Rawhide, personal experience)
    I'ma try rehosting it, thanks.

Got it! Thanks again, Kymme.