1. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    For Skyrim players - I saw this teaser for a a Playable Pony mod in the works. I'd love to see it completed.

As the Element of Dungeon Mastering, let me share a few minutes from my latest D&D game--
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had the party travel banished to the moon. They followed a villain through a magic gate and ended up there-- an ancient and forgotten village under a large glass dome. Being a curious lot, the party began exploring the place and quickly stumbled upon a nest of changelings. Not that they knew what changelings were nor did I call them as such. I just described the creatures as "Little black insect creatures with smooth, blue bulb-eyes, gossamer wings, and fangs from a snout-like nose."
    The rogue joked "Sounds like what’s-her-face, Chrysalis?"

I shrugged slyly and moved on.

The party eventually found the villain they were looking for. She was lying on the floor of the village temple, badly injured. The heroes healed her enough to question her. The villain stumbled a lot through the questions, but answered well enough for the party to decide on letting her live and telling the villain to go through the gate and never do evil again. The villain agreed and left.

The party decided to keep exploring because they were starting to find shiny treasures in the form of valuable gemstones. This led them to the main palace in the village. Inside they found the goddess of the moon, her servants, and an old acquaintance NPC they haven't seen in a long time. Yay! The party chatted for a while and the goddess offered help for the PCs to vanquish another villain elsewhere back on the world. The PCs were thrilled for this and took her back to the gate. The gate was disabled.

Suddenly the bard realized something. "What does god need with a starship magic gate?"

Cue the changeling transformation sequence and appropriate backstabbing of the PCs. Heehee!
    NOW the players realize these ARE the MLP changelings. Despite cheating, the changings did lose the fight and the PCs found shelter underground before more showed up. The party found a second magic gate that led to the changeling home world. However with some fiddling, the PCs changed the destination to back home, went through, and broke this gate to prevent the changelings from following.

The PCs really fell for the whole disguise big time though.

Epilogue notes-- I had the moon village set up where there were TWO changeling colonies here, each led by a queen. The first queen was the one posing as the villain the PCs let go free. She went through the gate (Changings didn't know how to turn it on from this side) with her colony and disabled the way home to let the PCs die at the fangs of the other colony.
    Luckily for the PCs their bard connected 2+2 before the horde showed up all at once.

Wasn't as deadly as the Twilight Sparkle/Fluttershy encounter though… and Twilight did manage to escape that battle before the final blow was dealt.
    *snerk*

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    So pony thread, long time, now see, so why not a image dump, here again edition:

Spoiler
    Show
    *double snerk*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-16 at 05:04 PM.