1. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Honestly, speaking AS a native of Fairfield county, I can honestly say that nobody naturally sounds anything like Rarity. Her accent has been identified as Mid-Atlantic, which is an artificial blend of American and British accents typically learned for theatre acting, and particularly popular from 1930-1960.
    Well she didn't want to say it but Rarity's accent is that stereotypically upper class WASP accent which IS associated with New England generally. And in CT upper income bracket is more Fairfield (and some Litchfield) county then it is the rest of the state. NYC metro area and all. I just can speak to what portions of the other states in New England its associated with. Of course Bridgeport should more then cancel that out in a fair world.I once saw Gotham mapped to about there in Young Justice and did not disagree.

Really in all of New England (and NY because that erroneously gets lumped in too) people don't have accents. Well beyond "American" of course.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-07-15 at 07:25 PM.