So on something not shipping related... so I checked out this interview with our VAs and current showrunner. From Comic-con.

Some fun tibits:

On the development of Rarity's voice:

St. Germain: When I auditioned, I think the reference they gave was Audrey Hepburn, because there's something so generous. In spite of the fact that her voice sounds really quite posh, she always extended herself a lot to other people, and that's the quality they were looking for, not specifically Audrey Hepburn. I grew up in a country called Swaziland, and a lot of people had English as a second language, but they spoke with real clarity and enunciated everything because they were always perfecting the sound, and I just like that sound. The element of the Connecticut hoity-toitiness is just fun, and it's always fun as well when a character is a bit full of themselves or a bit pretentious too. It's just a foil because there's so much ego involved that you can only go down, right? It's great to play with those opposites: I'm everything and I'm nothing, I'm everything and I'm nothing. Which is an actor's entire life.

St. Germain: For me, the most significant character change is that I had a sudden family. I had a sister and a mom and dad, and I was the only one in the family who spoke in this particular way. That was a choice they made in the other room. Did I voice the mom? I think I may have, yeah, and I said "Should I do the same voice?" and they said "No, she's just normal." So that was peculiar but interesting, because you just have to integrate whatever you get, and it becomes part of the fun. That means something, then, about Rarity. It means she's not from New England or indeed from anywhere. She's made a choice to speak the way she speaks and be the way she is.
Speaking AS a native of Connecticut it mildly irritates me that Tabitha has apparently confused the entire state with elements of Fairfield county. I sound exactly nothing like Rarity in accent. I don't have a specific American accent.

On the possibility of a full-length movie:

McCarthy: No. Not with me.
As direct as it is wise.

On the homage to The Big Lebowski and easter eggs in the show:

McCarthy: Very rarely are those things written into the script, but then when it goes to Studio B and the board artists and Jayson Thiessen, supervising director, I think they have a lot of fun. They have to populate this world with these background ponies and they're like "oh, they're at a bowling alley, eh?"
Just to be clear. Also she is clearly correct. This is how Wildfire is now canon after all.

On the emotional impact of the show among fans, including one who said that seeing the show stopped him from killing himself:

Weseluck: I've had so many people, all of us have had so many people come up to us and say "if it weren't for the show, I wouldn't be here. My life wouldn't have changed, I would've stayed lonely and depressed, I had no friends" and you're just brought to tears. This show, to me, is healing the world. It's healing levels that have not been touched before, or that we've pushed away or denied, and if the show can do that, and there has to be no mental assessment or figuring it out, it's just simply happening? This is miraculous. It's a true, genuine success, and I'm thrilled to be part of that.
There's a lot of this sweetness in there. Its part of why I love this show so much.