Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
Ah, saving and reloading, that explains the no deaths. The mission was floaters with I think they're called reapers, right? Depending how upset you were with the deaths on that mission, a Snakeman terror mission may just break your heart.

It's kinda random but depending on location and the location the aliens feel like bugging, but 5 in one month is about right. And I think Terror Missions are almost guaranteed monthly until you can shoot down the Large and Very Large ships. Also what difficulty are you playing on? On some versions of the game the lowest difficulty is actually harder than the highest.

You don't have to write individual reports as you can get well over 100 ufos before completing the game.
Spoilered research info, as it started to get pretty lengthy.
Spoiler
Show
Do you have a Skype or Steam? It could help in getting advice over quick things. Laser weapons(specifically the rifle) are EXTREMELY useful, no ammo, rather accurate, decent cost for shots, it's wonderful. If you take that research a bit further into the Heavy Laser and later Laser Cannon, you'll be able to upgrade your tank(as in replace it with something better) and the guns on your interceptor. Then Heavy Plasma Cannon that is common among enemies is another great weapon to distribute to your troops, high power, large clip, okay shots, and the same deal with upgrading your ships guns(Do this, it becomes nearly impossible to fight some of the bigger ships without these).

Then If you can capture them once you have the space, [Alien] Navigator, [Sectoid] Leader/Commander or [Ethereal] Leader/Commander(actually I think any troop works for them), but most of the other live troops just give some random information like Engineers give you the specs on a random Alien Ship.

Alien Alloys if you haven't already, it gets the ball rolling on getting armor, Elerium-115 is critical get that done, you can't beat the game without it, literally not possible without it.

Generally alien medics carry this one, you want to try and get the Stun Bomb launcher, it's a small handheld grenade launcher that works as an area of effect Stun Rod. It makes capturing aliens a lot easier.

Research the UFO Navigation, Power Source, etc. as this will upgrade your ships and they will be able to handle more fighting wise, and troop wise. This also is attached to Armor I think at one point.

Finally just general research is a good idea, if you have 100 scientist with nothing major to research, split 'em up into groups of like 35-35-30 and just send them on research-capades. Doing research raises your monthly score, increasing funding.
Yeah pretty much the first piece of advice I got for this game was have a lot of saves.

For difficulty level I'm on 2.

I was really upset about the deaths before I reloaded (No I didn't reload right away. Unless it was some stupid mistake I'll tend to play it out till most of my squad is gone.) So I am pretty nervous about future Terror Missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
That may have been the dumbest thing I have ever read. Trying to figure the thought process behind that is literally giving me a headache. So wow