That took so many reloads but I did it!

Terror Attack 1
Spoiler
Show
Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned what the aliens were doing in North Africa. It seems they were planning an attack on the Human city of Casablanca. As soon as we could we rushed over there. Oh Celestia it was awful. The smoke, the screams, the smell of the blood, all of it combining to form an horrifying numbing din. For the first time I truly understood why the Humans summoned us. When the dust cleared the crowds of cheering Humans as they came up and thanked us left me speechless. I've got no more doubts about their cause, we must stop this conflict and protect these people the best we can.

We saw a new type of alien as well. These looked like primal beasts and acted as little more then attack dogs. Still we unloaded entire clips of ammo into them in order to bring them down. Only the tank's heavy weaponry, as well as Pinkie and Big Mac's guns could take them down with any speed. Despite the logistical difficulties getting that tank it proved its worth today. At the end of the battle it had long gashes in it's armor from intercepting the beasts. I shudder to think what those claws and teeth would have done to a pony.

It nearly stopped my heart when that explosive round hit near you and Rainbow Dash. I couldn't help but cry in relief when Luna reported that you were both OK. I cheered when Luna's first aid got you back on your hooves. Still that was far too close and despite Pinkie's best efforts, Rainbow Dash remained unconscious for the rest of the battle. Again the tank proved it's worth as a scout, by revealing ambushes and absorbing small arms fire.

Since we've gotten back Fluttershy hasn't left Rainbow Dash alone. I guess that's not unusual. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were always particularly close and it must be killing Fluttershy every time we leave on a mission. I guess she's feeling like some dead weight right now but honestly I don't think she could handle what we just faced. Nopony got promoted again. Perhaps they can only have four sergeants per squad? That makes much more sense.

I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight as I'll have nightmares for sure. Um, if it's not too much to ask, can I spend the night with you?

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle.

No casualties on my part

But really without that tank I think over half my squad would have died. As is I had to reload a couple times so that most ponies would be alive. (Once because Cadance shot Trixie in the head. By accident. Another time one of the explosive shots killed five ponies and left Applejack unconscious and bleeding. )

I'm kinda curious though. Is it normal to get so many attacks and UFOs in the first month?