So, life update for those not on IRC. Mrs Dexam and the mini-Dex have been sick with a nasty head cold, and I've been looking after them for the last two days. This is not exactly a fun thing, as Mrs D turns into a right *rhymes-with-witch* when she gets sick. In the mean time, I'm supposed to be part-covering for my manager while he's on leave, plus dealing with my own backlog of work which keeps on piling up, so two days off work hasn't helped there.

Between the wife and the foal, I got about 4 hours of sleep last night (the biggest stretch being between 6 AM and 8 AM) and I'm back at work today (got in really late, of course) trying to deal with some of this backlog. Reading Ponythread on my lunch break, and feels like the biggest, funnest, craziest party is happening on the other side of a wall with 'RESPONSIBILITY' painted all over it.

The only silver lining, (and thus keeping this post at least once removed from Ponies) is that Mrs D likes to watch cartoons when she's ill, so we've been working our way through Season 2. She enjoys the show, but she's not obsessed (like I am ) and I doubt she'd ever get involved with the fandom. The mini-Dex recognises the intro- and outro- music, and turns to look at the TV whenever it plays.

Anyway, back the grindstone...