Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
So I've spent the last couple days reading the POV Discorded Series by Alex Warlorn and I have a few thoughts on it.

Spoiler
Show
First off, the POV chapters as they lose to Discord are interesting, but Fluttershy's was slightly terrifying, especially when you can hear it happen. Rainbow Dash's made me feel for her, no matter what she did, she was going to make a choice that Discord would punish.

Then everything is fixed. Right?

No. Discord touched so many ponies, broke so many of them that they all have to see psychiatrists to work through what happened, Lesson Zero happened because Twilight was still hurt by Discord and tried to ignore it.

Applejack, dear Celestia, Applejack. She is summoned to Canterlot by both Luna and Celestia, and told to bring her sister along. She is offered a gaze into Truth, so that she may be able to use Honesty again. And the scenes she sees, alternate timelines, families, loss, hurt, love. All of them flashing through her mind as she shoves her hoof into the one thing that would stop her from looking. It takes Applebloom to stop her, and then things get better and worse for her from there.

That cruel personality of Fluttershy? It still exists, she can hear it, it wants to control, it wants power, and it really doesn't want Fluttershy to sing that lullaby. Fluttercruel also hates soap in her mouth.

I continued reading, enjoying everything, even the out of nowhere implication of Trixie, the confession of Rainbow Dash, and her near change into a Nightmare.

Pinkie's change was amazing and I can't seem to think of much more with it, mostly because of the things I learned later. Oh god.

And then I get to the one thing that might terrify me the most.

Nightmare Whisper, the Kindest Lie.

IMAGE CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS ARC, AND IS VERY, VERY MUCH NIGHTMARE FUEL
Spoiler
Show

Reading that entire arc was a trial, not because it was bad, but because of just how justified Nightmare sounded, and was, because of how far Rainbow Dash and Rarity were willing to go, because of how broken nearly everyone was...

Because of how strong Princess Gaia, the Kindest Lie, had been in the end with Pinkie Pie.

The story continues, more visions, another plot where you just know who it is driving it but can't think of what's going on.

Celestia's origin, the implementation of the other Pony Worlds into this narrative and on just how twisted Discord truly is.

MIMIC! OH GOD MIMIC! YOU DID THE IMPOSSIBLE AS A MORTAL PONY AND IT WAS GLORIOUS

Things get weird again, a certain enemy enacts his plan and then the narrative changes again, to this.

MORE NIGHTMARE FUEL FOR SOME, TAKE CARE

Spoiler
Show

Everything destroyed, EVERYTHING. OH CELESTIA, WE'RE DOOMED.

It was blowing my mind, the issues with the Elements, what the Elements used to be, how the Nightmares work, how everything tried to fit together, and on how Derpy Hooves is one of the most badass mothers out there.

This story was a wild ride so far, and it isn't done yet.

Has anyone else read it, what are your opinions?
I have
Spoiler
Show
read the deharmonizing ones through Applejack, but I was fairly annoyed at the writing style of the entries (like writing the accent...Blech). The Pinkie one kept making fourth wall breaking shout outs, and I finally gave up. The Rarity one was pretty good, and Rainbow Dash wasn't terrible, but the others were awful IMO. Interesting idea, but it was done better with the psychosis series (where all of them are being warped by their elements).