1. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The way the mouth is connected to the weapon is.....odd, if that means anything.
    That's just the viewing angle, the gun's actually not anywhere near the head.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    You will note from the position of the stand and the free floating stick, along with the shading on the muzzle and fun, that the gun and the Jalyrkeion arent physically connected. The gun is offset to the side and just happens to be captured from a Bleakbane Standard(TM) camera angle
    Yeah, that!

Also, it doesn't help, that the CAD image is "coloured" by being assigned a material; i.e. properties of a material. My usual standard is something that basically is based on plastic, which I just made Citidel-paint-colours of, because it's the clearest for visibility for working on. What that means is, since I still really have no clue as to how to fiddle with the light sources, that the perception of distance is a bit screwy due to lack of shadows and such. Aaand, *skullpalm* it just occured to me I haven't yet remembered to use the full render mode for the Jalyrkieon images I've been posting (because it's ungainly for actually working on, unlike the preview render mode which that is), which actually does generate the shadows better, and would certainly have helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    It looks wrong because it's not really braced itself. If anything, it looks like it has destablised itself. It looks unsure, like the first shot will send it tumbling backwards.

Horses putting their weight against something look very different.
    Spoiler
    Show

Aha.

Yep. Screwed that totally, then.

Was pretty sure I had done, mind, and I thought ponythread would be able to provide me with the relevant corrections.

Have another stab at that another day; probably tomorrow, got to get a shift on, I want to put my next order in before I go away at the end of the month. Still, not much more to go, on the infantry anyway, as the Jalyrkieons are going to in squads for four (between firepower and blagging armour and endurance a bit, essentially four-Jalyrkeion squad in two fire-teams of two will equate to a humanid squard or seven or eight in 3-4 man fire teams. (I've already got two walking (one with a rocket launcher, huzzah!) and a slightly rearing one (nominally squad leader), so Heavy Weapons Dude is the last one to go.)

Nice, Thanqol, you made it on to EQD again! Huzzah!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-10 at 05:51 PM.