Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
Two...ahahahaha! chapters in one...bwahahahahah! day ahahahahahahaha! Can't muwahahahahaha! take strain BWAHAHAHAHA- *ka-crack*

Great. Nice Thanq, now he's literally exploded his ribcage all over the floor with laughter. And I've got Bleakbane rib fragments in my hair. Hair seems less of a good idea right now... Do you know how icky it is to feel bone fragments pulling themselves out of your hair? Well, I'll tell you! Really freaking icky!
Yeah. That's no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
But it's his name. You wouldn't want us to suddenly start spelling your name Thankwol or some such, would you?
Truth. It could be spelled Arra!namhmvgralor and still be pronounced shining armor.

Or it could be spelled Shining Armour and be pronounced "Kevin".

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
Uh, Sorry guys;
First, I'm a little rusty on running games, specially PbP.
Second, I have close to 0 knowledge of nWoD, which is what I believe you wanted to play, right?
Third, It seems that my curse as never be a player of Mage followed me to the future and to the internet. I just mentioned that I never got to play, I always ended up running the games... Lol...
Well yes, see, if you do the math;
Now; games played? No. Games run? Yes
If agree; games played? Yes. Games run? Yes

It's a net gain for Everypony.

I dot recall ever seeing a WoD corebook for old world of darkness though, which means there was no real unified rule set. You could be a vampire werewolf though, which was something even the black spiral dancers loathed conceptually. they did a terrible job of marrying the fluff across games in retrospect. Too many "correct" and provable cosmologies.

The trouble with playing a game Of Mage though, is its not going to be the game you are used to, in rules or in feel. You'll have to specify oMage. On the bright side, I recall there being a general world of darkness thread in gaming that became a recruitment center. You could find people willing to play ok Mage, and even find someone else to be ST. So there is hope for you yet!

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
Now see what your capitalist bickering has caused. Even the uneducated masses of The Likely Enemy™ are calling you out on the absurdity of infighting when the red fire of common resolve to join the class struggle should shine through all your hearts. If only your peoples understood the benefit of a shared indivisible language that no bourgeois elite could twist to oppress the masses. If only our glorious example could persuade your proletariat to join the global revolutionary movement of Esperanto!
I don't actually know Esperanto, I just didn't want to use NewSpeak for my "let's play an outdated stereotype" rant as that would be too over-the-top.
I prefer Toki Pona

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
Um. Then he is trying... to... show... that... the true importance of power is your own stance, not anyone else's.
Sounds legit
REVERE HIM FOR HE IS THE HOBO KING

AND YES YOU SHOULD WRITE MORE ;P
Oh look royal canterlot voice

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
Oh god... What have I done...

Spoiler
Show

It only took one convention and two days for going from normal watcher to raiding the local toystores....
I created a .... Level 6 Brony

PS: She is upset that her brushie Pinkie has the cutiemark on only one side... Brushie brushie...
Kitty! *pets the kitty*

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
So I've spent the last couple days reading the POV Discorded Series by Alex Warlorn and I have a few thoughts on it.

Spoiler
Show
First off, the POV chapters as they lose to Discord are interesting, but Fluttershy's was slightly terrifying, especially when you can hear it happen. Rainbow Dash's made me feel for her, no matter what she did, she was going to make a choice that Discord would punish.

Then everything is fixed. Right?

No. Discord touched so many ponies, broke so many of them that they all have to see psychiatrists to work through what happened, Lesson Zero happened because Twilight was still hurt by Discord and tried to ignore it.

Applejack, dear Celestia, Applejack. She is summoned to Canterlot by both Luna and Celestia, and told to bring her sister along. She is offered a gaze into Truth, so that she may be able to use Honesty again. And the scenes she sees, alternate timelines, families, loss, hurt, love. All of them flashing through her mind as she shoves her hoof into the one thing that would stop her from looking. It takes Applebloom to stop her, and then things get better and worse for her from there.

That cruel personality of Fluttershy? It still exists, she can hear it, it wants to control, it wants power, and it really doesn't want Fluttershy to sing that lullaby. Fluttercruel also hates soap in her mouth.

I continued reading, enjoying everything, even the out of nowhere implication of Trixie, the confession of Rainbow Dash, and her near change into a Nightmare.

Pinkie's change was amazing and I can't seem to think of much more with it, mostly because of the things I learned later. Oh god.

And then I get to the one thing that might terrify me the most.

Nightmare Whisper, the Kindest Lie.

IMAGE CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS ARC, AND IS VERY, VERY MUCH NIGHTMARE FUEL
Spoiler
Show

Reading that entire arc was a trial, not because it was bad, but because of just how justified Nightmare sounded, and was, because of how far Rainbow Dash and Rarity were willing to go, because of how broken nearly everyone was...

Because of how strong Princess Gaia, the Kindest Lie, had been in the end with Pinkie Pie.

The story continues, more visions, another plot where you just know who it is driving it but can't think of what's going on.

Celestia's origin, the implementation of the other Pony Worlds into this narrative and on just how twisted Discord truly is.

MIMIC! OH GOD MIMIC! YOU DID THE IMPOSSIBLE AS A MORTAL PONY AND IT WAS GLORIOUS

Things get weird again, a certain enemy enacts his plan and then the narrative changes again, to this.

MORE NIGHTMARE FUEL FOR SOME, TAKE CARE

Spoiler
Show

Everything destroyed, EVERYTHING. OH CELESTIA, WE'RE DOOMED.

It was blowing my mind, the issues with the Elements, what the Elements used to be, how the Nightmares work, how everything tried to fit together, and on how Derpy Hooves is one of the most badass mothers out there.

This story was a wild ride so far, and it isn't done yet.

Has anyone else read it, what are your opinions?
Huh. Need to read that. I'm afraid the writing is going to be terrible, but I'd not I might enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Spoiler
Show

What?
What what? *snerk*

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
That's actualy a plot point later. The changelings are slowly getting more efficiant in there mental attacks. It's basicly extending there hive mind into something else, rather then straight-up mental takeover.
[color="forestgreen"]... We aren't a hivemind. If we were, chryssie wouldn't have had to vocalise orders. Ever.

The way the mouth is connected to the weapon is.....odd, if that means anything.
You will note from the position of the stand and the free floating stick, along with the shading on the muzzle and fun, that the gun and the Jalyrkeion arent physically connected. The gun is offset to the side and just happens to be captured from a Bleakbane Standard(TM) camera angle