Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
Your worry is, I think, misplaced. It is my impression that most of the "hearing voices that aren't there" fears are fears of schizophrenia, which in my admittedly inexpert opinion is not at all what Zigg, I, and others have been describing. I admit that Zigg's experiences are considerably stronger and more thorough than any I've encountered before, but it doesn't seem worrisome unless he starts letting them take over.
The closest I could find to actual research on the phenominon suggested that Tulpa cannot, as far as anyone knows, ever take over and that there is no commonality between it and Dissociative Personality Disorder.

The problem being that although most sites I could find said roughly this, the closest I could find to something discussing the science of it or mentioning any research into it was a slenderman wiki. So, yeah. Not so much rigorous studies of.

Actually, most succinctly to my opinion on the matter would be that I can only agree with SiuiS's Hardware analogy. Beyond that I have no idea, really, but I believe it's probably important to remember that they are, after all, merely thoughtforms, ways of interfacing with your own subconcious rather than some kind of truly seperate entity. They may have thoughts and feelings and distinct personalities and may even inhabit a cohesive Fantastical World but at the end of the day, it's all you.
Even the bits that aren't.

Masks all the way down. And they're all true?