Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
The fact that he was able to extract, on two occasions, enough of the language to both pray and curse is telling. It just pulled me out of the story and made me say, "No way."

The reason it's easy to write for Trixie is because she made an impact with only twenty minutes of screen-time, and is still out there somewhere. She came in, was flamboyant, taunted, and used fancy magic, and then left.

The tricky part for the show writers would be coming up with a canon reason for her to come back. It would probably take two episodes to deal with it, and not be worth the trouble.

As for Discord, the only reason it lasted so long last time was because they couldn't find the elements. If he were to come back, all they'd have to do is summon the Super Friendship Drill and zap him again.
Trixie coming back isn't that hard to come up for an excuse for. Off the top of my head she comes back to Ponyville in an attempt to redeem herself. And I don't mean saying sorry, but coming back to prove that she is the Great and Powerful Trixie.

For Discord what I would love to see is how he was originally defeated by Celestia and Luna. If they were to make a MLP FIM movie that's what I would want it to be.