Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
I took a gamble, & it doesn't seem to have been a good one. Where exactly did I put that he learned the entire language? He only learned chunks and pieces.
The fact that he was able to extract, on two occasions, enough of the language to both pray and curse is telling. It just pulled me out of the story and made me say, "No way."

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
Not to mention when did Trixie become a better pony? She took off because her scam was exsposed, that's not the reaction of someone whom even considers reforming.

Heck even going with the idea it hardly writes itself. Why is Trixie repentant, how do the Mane Six react, what does this actually entail for action? What is the actions taken that bring the drama to a head. Does the idea even support 22 minutes. Afterall its not like Trixie did anything but lie improve her show, its a really small offense that the Mane Six all but brushed off in the episode. What makes it that right mix of funny, light-hearted, and heart-felt. Just a "poor poor Trixie" episode is terribly terribly weak.

Similar things apply to the other minor antagonists. The cast knows them, we know them, and there really isn't that much to the antagonists. They had their trick and now everpony is wise to it, not really anywhere to go there.
The reason it's easy to write for Trixie is because she made an impact with only twenty minutes of screen-time, and is still out there somewhere. She came in, was flamboyant, taunted, and used fancy magic, and then left.

The tricky part for the show writers would be coming up with a canon reason for her to come back. It would probably take two episodes to deal with it, and not be worth the trouble.

As for Discord, the only reason it lasted so long last time was because they couldn't find the elements. If he were to come back, all they'd have to do is summon the Super Friendship Drill and zap him again.