Today has consisted of a long Nap, a short confused dressing period, gaggles of ponyfolk, and an interesting meet and greet.

Celestia did not have pink hair as a young princess. In line with the style of midieval frescos, the pony artists of the time rendered her in solid colors.

John delancie is envious of Tara Strong's ability to always have a funny voice when she does things. For her part, Tara doesn't want people to look at her butt when she signs posters, but encourages you to look at Delancie's. Delancie accused the crowd of checking out ms. Faust, which elicited a strut and some swagger from the Fausticorn.

Man. Today was pretty swell.

Oh! And Braz is like, the amateur pony socialite. How she met ms. Faust? Said ma. Faust turns around while Braz was eating an hors d'oeuvre, an he responded with "ugh! You're not supposed to turn around while I'm chewing something!" and they began to schmooze. It was masterfully done.

-

Celly's VA is stylin'. Gorgeous (appropriately aurora-colored) dress and downplayed, contrasting and complimentary colors for shoes, nails and coat.

Canadian Fluttershy: Yay, eh~

Recording sessions take around four hours, mostly because they spend the time hiding off in character.

-

"um, I don't know about twitter, because sometimes Twilight wears a saddle, and"
"WWHAT?! Spike I do not wear a saddle!"
"... But--"
"you are on a BIG time out, mister! Go ahead and tweet that. Put it on twitter; Spike is on time out."

-

Daaaang, Celly.
If ever there was a woman who rocked the dress it is Nichole Oliver.

Did you know Rarity was supposed to have an English accent? Faked of course. They settled on giving her crazy-tacky parents.

-

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
This has truly been a fascinating group... I'm not sure what keeps drawing me back.

Random question: It seems like you all know eachother rather intimately. Do all of you basically live in the north east section of the united states? Or is the group going to this bronycon just commuting there?
Braz and I hail from Gallophonia. Raindrop and his brother (who I have dubbed Dewdrop because.) are from Neigh Jersey. The Druid Droid comes from corn, oh Luna the corn Illineighs (really stretching on that one yeah?), Vorpal Bob, predominantly an IRC and Skype pony, flew down from Canada. We were unable to equip him with the requisite amount rope to bring Midnight with him. Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie. Kairaven is a gentleman and a scholar, and I'd like to step out of characterized pony pun delivery to bring that up.

I trust that we will all be united across time and space in applause over Kairaven. He is one of the better examples of bronydom I've met. I'm honored I have met you, mate.

Let's see, who else? Pendulous is here somewhere, but was unable to be located. Orzel may have been here as well, though I wasn't able to find him.

The January broNYCon also featured a rather swell colt from Germaney, who gave us cake because it would have gone bad had we not eaten it.

Well all just came to a con to see John Delancie and Lauren Faust (and Tara Strong, and Nichole, and Meghan, and...) and happened to have networked before hand. We all wanted To go, but probably couldn't have on our own. The original idea was to Road Trip from California to New Jersey, and pick up who we could on the way! That didn't work, though. We could afford a room, others could get there but not afford a room.

Of course, we've also just been nice. I used my overshirt to clean up spilled soda so it wouldn't shut down a lane. Braz and Diego both made a habit of finding money an returning it to its rightful owners. Because its kind of dumb to say "love and tolerate! Generosity! Etc!" an not mean it, you know?

Although I've always liked Sonic. Started on Sonic 2, and enjoyed most games since (06 doesn't deserve to be counted as a game at all, being borderline broken). Shadow didn't need to use Guns to be awesome, and the Werehog (which really, he's basically a Werehog anyway, since Were means man and he's an anthropomorphic hedgehog) was meh compared to regular Sonic, but I still had a good time with both of those games. And he's been doing better since then, in my opinion.
I've enjoyed every sonic game I've ever played, although Sonic Adventure had that fishing part that just... Sucked. So bad.

Raised on Nintendo, so I'm completely biased, but I don't like how much shorter and more accessable Mario's become. Yes, it's about a profit in the end, but in some of the "more traditional" of the games (the New Super Mario Bros series, specifically), it feels like less and less is going into it. I suppose bringing it into 3D and all might be an excuse, but it's just not as challenging anymore, and it feels like it goes by too fast.
Nintendo has made a decision to not go in for Hard-core gamers, and instead focus on the casual crowd. The nature of the beast is that the games they make are easier and more fun to just pick up and fiddle with. They lose some depth, but hey. The games are still fun, right? All that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
On the topic of old characters, I feel Trixie should return. I don't personally like Gilda, but she could comeback for the same reasons I'm about to state.

The return of Trixie would not only please the fans, but it would also be easy for the writers. Simply have a remorseful Trixie return and try to make friends, trying to make up for her old ways. The script basically writes itself.
Eeeehhhhhh... No.
We have the fashion horse who is not utterly shallow in the usual sense, and is mindful and generous.
We have the tomboy athlete who enjoys reading and likes fun things like fashion shows.
We have the Book worm antisocial pony, who otherwise still managed to actually correctly apply what she read and excel in a contest of strength and stamina.
We have the economically minded worker pony who is bad a profit due to preferring to be nice, but who is still business savvy and not a total pushover, an who manages to be the bland honest one but still fit in snark.

Having the repentant antihero who shows up trying to mend her ways, that's... Bland. Uninteresting. More importantly, That is not how Trixie behaved at all. She wouldn't show up with a whole new personality. She's not Bon-Bon's voice. If Trixie returned, she woul probably be a better person but still proud, still arrogant, and not at all subservient to the mane cast. Which absolutely does not write itself, or there would be only a single definitive fanfic of it instead of what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
@INo - as far as knowing each other, we've all talked on this forum and some on irc or Skype but the has pretty much been the first IRL meeting as a group. It has also been amazing! Something that happens to a lot of us is that we came for ponies but stayed for the community. It's something this trip has really reaffirmed for me.
"And was totally worth the trip to dine on the delicate sweet meats of the human emotional spectrum~!"

Oh yeah. I am stoked again. It's nice to have this kind of refresher. It's one thing to think 'man, my life is going the wrong way' and another entirely to see where you should be heading.

-

Completely unrelated, I think I will work on cosplaying Thistle next year. And working on props for other ponies. although changeling has a lot of potential...