Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Right, right. You aren't assured of your own power and immortality.
As far as you know.

True. And despite all the flak, comics aren't a problem. They're a different art form. There is some overlap but really, it's like saying you're a bad writer because you can't direct a movie.
Again, it's something I've been consciously working towards in a lot of ways. But it's still a bit of an end boss challenge.

I divide days into "Experimentation" and "Application" days. The experimentation days all add up when it comes time for an Application.

Indeed. But for me thinking and integration are important parts of learning, which means if I want to improve, daily drawing may actually interfere with it. Or having something I'm okay posting every day? Irrelevant though. Think I've slipped from explanation to excuses.
I will have to get over my pride though. That will be the hardest part.
I feel like the majority of this is nonsense. The process of typing up a post to explain what you learned each day forces you to reflect on what you've just done.

Day 373: With Poise; With Anger

A basic exercise - a bunch of characters of differing heights at alternately foreground/background positions. I feel like it was a significant success.

This has been a great experiment and a great week for learning. I wouldn't want to continue it much further without a break, but even though the majority of these pictures have been extremely sketchy and not great to look at they're going to help me a lot when it comes time for Application later.

Links

Time: 35 Minutes
Music: Nightfall