Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
wow, I noticed that you are approaching a year in your endeavor. now is the time to reflect and compare. Take a look at your day 1 drawing and then look at your latest. See the improvments? you have come a long way.

what's changed? is it an improvement? where do you think you still should work on? is there any habit that has been established?

your lines straighter? your curves smoother? how about time? Do you remember how long it use to take?

where to go from here? if you choose to continue.

I must say I am sorry I haven't been keeping track so I don't have much advice. However, here is one thing I think you should try next.

* * * Line composition - increase the thickness and width of the lines at certain points, it makes your curves fuller and addes some depth and texture to your line drawings. One of the things in some comics and cartoons is to use thicker lines on the outer edge of a line drawing. makes it pop out from the paper.
* *Have your line end at sharp points and rounded ends, depending on the drawing.
How? How does one change how lines end? I've never figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
Day 365: Betrayal

Once, there was a pony who learned to trust.

Big mistake.

Links

Time: 45 minutes
Music: This Is How It Goes
Hmm. I quoted this to call bull, then you explained it.
Cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
...sad things...are sad. * *I should really rant about how art is a philosophical tool to share feelings and meaning with others and how, "With great power comes great responsibility."

On top of all that is the question, "Is such a negative subject really the best choice for Day Three Hundred Sixty Five of drawing?" *.
Yes. I can't place it, exactly, but it fits. There is a ... Shift? And every new beginning is some other beginning's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
You'd think that pony, of all ponies, would have known better than to trust an actor. And therein's the rub, isn't it? Trust Invites Betrayal, and the gods are capricious and only want to be entertained.

Darn it, Thanqol. Now I see the world through an Arcadian lens, and we are the Gentry to the characters we create.
it's a sight better than your head playing gentry to you, though. Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Bravo. Year one was a heck of a ride, and you even managed to bring some folks along for the ride. SiuiS is gonna get a hug when I meet him this summer for being one half the dirty duo that got me considering that I could maybe draw, and if I'm ever in Australia, I'm hunting you down for one too!
Aw shucks, this made me get all misty eyed. I really need to find where I put that stoicism...

Quote Originally Posted by Silviya View Post
And I really need to start taking my own advice and make a thread like this for myself. *Maybe once the kittens are older and after I finish all the stuff that I have to do this summer . . .
Now, friend. Try now. There's always a tomorrow, always a one more thing, but Now is fleeting.

I would do it myself, but I currently physically lack the ability. But there really is no time like the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
This is a good request. You should do it.
It is!
Thanqol; imagine standing between and say, four yards to the side of said tyrannosaurs. Now look up.

Maybe. Comics are a lot of work. Throw me your pitch, though, can't hurt.
They are actually not. You need
- a character you're willing to draw a billion times over
- a story
-maybe some camera angles

That's it. Let go of perfecting each panel; just do it. And this is like, the third or fourth comic request you've had to turn down. You're not hiding your lackings, are you ol' Hoss?

Day 368: Consider This My Gift To You

Speedsketched a bunch of poses from Fate: Zero (watch it) as part of a larger bid to get the hang of posing and proportion at the stick figure/skeletoning level. I feel like progress was made, though I feel like I need to look at more disrobed figures. Might go back to spandexed superheroes, they're wearing virtually nothing after all.

Links

Time: ~1 hour
Music: Na Na Nothing
Try looking for artistic nudes.
It may also help you with your everyone has double Ds "problem".

(note: not everyone considers this a problem)

Is that a Stephanie pony?

Are you antagonising me in my own drawthread?

That's awfully brave of you.

Day 369: Pony Wears The Cape

Urgh, this was the opposite of efficiency. Completely messed up that cape design, I should probably try it on a less moving object first. Other body type practise. Wrestlers are great models, they never wear shirts.

Otherwise a bit of a bust. Oh well. Sometimes it doesn't work out like it is in your head.

Links

Time: 1 hour
Music: The Approach
I like the figure on the right, but can't tell if it's a girl or a very oddly built man; what could be breasts in a sports bra could also be big burly muscles.

-

I'm thinking. Thinking...
My end goal would not be the same as yours. I would need a routine that would help me with my end goals. A daily draw thread would not do that, but it would be something...