Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Bravo. Year one was a heck of a ride, and you even managed to bring some folks along for the ride. SiuiS is gonna get a hug when I meet him this summer for being one half the dirty duo that got me considering that I could maybe draw, and if I'm ever in Australia, I'm hunting you down for one too!
Thank you. Watch out for the dragodiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Silviya View Post
*Applause*

Congratulations on doing this for an entire year! And that video you made of your progress is pretty neat.

The topic thing seems like a good idea. When you say body shapes, are you talking about general anatomy/poses/proportions/etc., or are you going to be working primarily on learning what the shapes of the body are, like the shape of the head and the torso and the hands etc.?
General proportions work and an effective skeletoning/fleshing technique to help me achieve unique poses without reference.

I'm not sure if I've suggested this before or not (actually, you might even be doing this already), but as far as learning anatomy in general goes, I would advise doing at least ten minutes of gesture drawings a day if you can, even if you're not specifically working on learning anatomy at the moment. Those ten minutes every day will really add up, and before long anatomy will become much easier.
I shall endeavour to make it so.

And I really need to start taking my own advice and make a thread like this for myself. Maybe once the kittens are older and after I finish all the stuff that I have to do this summer . . .
You will never find a day better than today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
Congratulations for a good year of art! I hope it is another good year of drawing for you!
Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
...all that I can think of to say is, "Pope Gregory would be thrilled."

You know...the Gregorian Calendar with Leap Year on it?

Your art is influential, Thanqol. Be happy with it, but also take care. Make the world a better place with what you have to offer.
Thank you ^^ I haven't forgotten your grapes, I'm just looking for a day with enough time to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
Congratulations on keeping to your goal.
That in itself is an achievement worthy of recognition.

I can't even get around to drawing something once a week, as much as I promised myself.

Therefore, stylised cookies for you. (::)(::)(::)
I'll put these with the rest.

Honestly, try for even a five minute scribble a day. It's like a promise to yourself to do better tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
Here's a request for: a low angle shot of two Tyrannosauruses fighting!
Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
This is a good request. You should do it.
Fine. (Quick lineweight experiment sketch)

Day 367: Busted Right On Down

And it begins. As expected, it's hard and I don't wanna do it but it's useful and improvement-y. I've got basic brush control and a good handle on settings, functions and what makes a good sketch so I've got no excuses, these technical things are what I need to learn next.

This was made using an application of the boxing techniques I've picked up from tutorials a while back, but it's about time to revisit them and start trying to apply it without the training wheels. Not only do I want to be able to structure bodies like this, I want to be able to understand the fundamentals well enough to start stylising.

Links

Time: 45 minutes
Music: Metropolis