Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
We don't have enough information for me to want to speculate about [...]
Since when has that kept anyone around here from speculating?

It could be any ninth-level cleric spell without the "Good" or "Chaotic" descriptor. I'm not choosing Miracle; I'm wondering why your footnote is there. If you'd rather not discuss it, just don't reply to this and I probably won't post in this thread again.
I just put it there because I myself would be very careful to assume this spell exists and is always availble. Yes, it is core, but it also poses a big problem with how the story unfurls.
Rich can easily handwave anything away that is hin his way of the story. "Why is character X not doing Y to solve Z in a much better way" is easy to dismiss "because it needs to be this way for the story".
But Miracle is such an obvious choice to use in a very tight situation to just "move everything closer to where you like it" that it is a very critical thing in the hands of the evil people and I'd be easier to just make an exception here.

Miracle does not serve any real purpose to advance the story but CAN be a very problematic thing, so if it did not exist (or was available), it would not surprise me.
No matter what happens, I fear Rich nmight have to drop a word either in the comic or in the forum to "deal" in some way with the miracle-problem (Xykon is not such an issue as he has fixed spells). This also could be circumvented by simply having the spell not "available" at all times for all purposes.

I just wanted to express that with the footnote and what it contained (Miracle) was not on the list of assumptions at the beginning of the comic.