Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
Another lesson to learn: Don't lock threads with valid concerns. They did it again. In all honesty and without much friendlyness left: now I am getting angry about all this.

It feels a bit like getting punched in the stomach.

edit: I pondered it a bit. I actually am not getting angry, I am it.
I concur with a big +1. It's almost the grown up equivalent of "I don't like what I am hearing, so I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears". I mean really, they locked one of 2 new threads, saying "go look at the other thread". And now, they have "MOVED" the other thread, so all you get is "you are not authorized to look at this" messages. Really, people?

The thing that REALLY bothers me is the fact that people like FujinAkari, (and the perception that GitP/Oook) seem think we are all childish complainers who are upset that the stuff we ordered is late.

Some small quantity of people are upset its late.

The large majority are Disappointed the stuff is late, but understand that in real life, things happen to cause delays. And we've all seen it, in popular books, movies, video game releases, etc ad nauseum.

The large majority are upset BECAUSE there is the perception that it's beyond/beneath GitP/Oook's time and energy to simply post a 2-3 line "Product Update" post on their respective websites saying "We have had some unavoidable delays on our latest products that have pushed back delivery dates - when we have some solid info or product in hand to ship, we will send it out. In the meantime, we will try to keep everyone updated every couple of weeks".

It shouldn't take almost one hundred people (or more!) spamming K.Brusky's email box with "Where are my book?" questions to get him to post a 2 line update on his Oook website - that should have happened WAY sooner.

And we still have no info on the GitP site.

Frankly, it's a PR disaster and a textbook case in most business schools of how NOT to do PR for a small business. And if GitP/Oook are going by the premise of "once they get their stuff, this will all blow over", they may be in for a bit of a rude surprise.....