Two rules questions came up in our latest game of OotS:

The rules (say you can start in a room, pick up one Loot, move, and fight in another room – and if you clear that room , you can pick up up to two more Loot. However, Haley’s “Come to Me, My Pretties” schtick says, “As always, you may pick Loot only once per turn.” Which is correct?

The second rules question is a bit trickier. I guess I’ll explain the situation first:
I’m the first one down into Xykon’s lair, and have found him. Thanks to various supporting monsters already on this level, the Battle Size starts at 12…. and keeps getting bigger as we play more monsters. Pretty soon, Xykon’s stats are into the stratosphere, because of his Support: Assist ability. But then, on one of my Battle Deck redraws (I have to play monsters into this fight too, after all), I pull “Screw this! I Forgot They Could Do That” – and play it immediately to cancel Support: Assist and bring Xykon’s Attack value down to 16. We keep playing monsters – there end up being 49 in the stack. Since they’re not Supporting him, however, I manage to kill him. Without the ‘I Forgot…’, his Attack would have been over 50 – way out of my range.

Now, I’m wondering if that was entirely legal, even though the other players let me do it. The ‘I Forgot…’ card says “When any player (including you) is battling a Monster.” Since we were still busy populating the room, was I battling Xykon yet? If I’d had to wait until the monster stack was completed, I would have had to discard the ‘I Forgot’ card before I could have used it, in order to draw more Monster cards.