OK, I have not played the game, only read the rulebook online, but I have a couple of questions. I'm pretty sure I know the answers, but I figured it's better to ask, so these can be added to the FAQ if deemed appropriate.

1. If I'm not in the same square as a monster, do I care that it has flying? In particular, if I'm in the square next to it and have a range of 1, is it in range, or is it effectively one square over, one square "up"? My interpretation of flying is "if range is 0, require a ranged weapon but treat as a normal attack for all effects; otherwise, absolutely no change." I'm curious if I'm right, though.

2. If a creature has both flying and tricky, and I'm in the same square as it and shooting with a ranged weapon, does it get the +10 bonus on Defense? The rules suggest that it does not (even though it's a ranged weapon, and you're required to use a ranged weapon to hit, it's still not a ranged attack), but I figured a direct answer would be a good idea.

Edit: Maybe I was misinterpreting things...reading the FAQ, it sounds like flying basically adds +1 to range for all effects. Is this accurate?