Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
Stegosaurus is not a biped- it's a quadruped- which don't have a height limit- only a "length to base of tail" limit.

(also, it's tail looks a bit shorter than the rest of its body, to me).

And for Huge creatures- that's 16 ft long minimum.

As for theropods like Allosaurus, they tend to have a very horizontal posture- so leg length might be a better guideline, than "height the creature can raise its head to".

The smallest Medium bipedal creatures will be 4 ft tall- which corresponds to a leg length of around 2 ft.
For Large creatures, this will be 8 ft tall- leg length around 4 ft.
For Huge creatures, this will be 16 ft tall- leg length around 8 ft.

I'd agree that subadult Allosaurus, and maybe smaller adult Allosaurus, would be better as Large than Huge- but, if the bones originally labelled Epanterias, are in fact typical of fully grown members of the largest Allosaurus species(rather than freakishly large individuals) it might be, that at least one Allosaurus species, would have a basic size of Huge, rather than having to be advanced in size.
Yes, Saurophaganax, Epanterias, the 33-foot skeleton, a very incomplete 36-foot specimen that could be either Allosaurus or Saurophaganax, and a number of other isolated bones are from Huge animals. There are also plenty of Medium-sized juveniles present. It would be more reasonable to assume the most common size range (Large) represents a typical adult in my opinion.

And if you want a Huge allosaur, there's already Saurophaganax.

As for Stegosaurus, the tail is actually a little less than half its length, so a 24-28 foot Stegosaurus would indeed be Huge. An 18-23 foot one wouldn't. Given its weight, though, Stegosaurus probably does qualify as Huge but just barely. Other stegosaurs, though, would be Large or smaller.