New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Circle of Assassins XVIII: Super Heroes vs. Super Villains

Super Heroes vs. Super Villains

Just as the theme suggests, everyone is a Super Hero.... or a Super Villain. Or, perhaps an Anti-Hero or maybe just a Neutral, Mercenary, or whatever... The point is, you are beyond even the athletic 'heroes' of the sports world.

Now, I realize this is a lot like the CoA III game, but not everyone playing now was playing then. And this time around, everyone's affiliation will be unknown. Are you a hero? Are you a villain? Only you and I know for certain. And no, that is not your official secret.

Characters
    (up to the first 15 finalized applicants)
    Now then, how to make a character?

Identity: What's your character's secret identity. Please try to be original. But, if you can't think of anything, feel free to
    borrow one from someplace.

Race: Are you an alien? Human? Cat-Girl?

Description:
    Describe your character. What does their costume look like?

Weapons/Powers: Describe what weapons and/or powers they use to fight or commit crime.

Secret & Affiliation:
    PM me the secret you wish to hide from your fellow heroes/villains, along with your affiliation. Don't let anyone else know, it may be the death of you.

Let's take a look at The Masked Pixie, shall we? ((Sample Profile))

Name: Lexi the Masked Pixie

Race: She's a Pixie, of course.

Description: Small winged creature with near-transparent wings of purple and pink. She where's a dark purple body suit, no tights or sleeves, and a mask of lime green.

Weapons/Skills/Superpowers: Flaming Chihuahua!- She can summon up to two of these Fiery non-hellhounds to defend and fight for her.

Pixie Dust- Not only can it make her enemies sneeze, but it can blind them, make them see hallucinations, and also make them fall asleep. A very versatile weapon.

POP!- When in doubt, run away! And if you can't do that, teleport with a very loud POP! for good effect.

Secret:
    She is the arch-nemesis of Atreyu the Masked Llama; the wonderfully furry, adorably lovable, and most mischievous and missed gamer of the Werewolf forum. She's not quite sure why they are enemies.

Game Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

I. Character creation

1. Post your character's name and a description in the recruitment thread.
    1.1 The name should be appropriate for the theme of the game.
    1.2 The description should include at least the character's favored method of killing. Other details on his appearance, personality and modus operandi are also appreciated.
    2. Send the Narrator your character's secret in a PM. What the secret is depends on the theme of the game, but it is usually a secret identity or vulnerability.

Secret: PM this to me: do NOT post it on the game thread. This may be a skeleton in your character's closet or an actual physical weakness.

II. The game round

1. The Narrator post a list of all remaining characters, and a list of secrets that are connected to those characters.

2.1 Send the Narrator a PM with a guess. If you can guess correctly which secret belongs to which character, that character dies at the end of the round. Write your guess in the following format: [character] is [secret]
    2.2 Once you've sent your PM, you cannot change your guess. The only exception to this rule is that if your target is invalid, you can change your target.
    2.3 You can only target characters and secrets listed by the Narrator.
    2.4 You cannot target your own character, but you can target your character's secret.
    2.5 The deaths occur simultaneously, and thus it is possible for two characters to kill each other, or even for all remaining characters to die on the same round.
    2.6 If two or more players kill the same target, it counts as an assisted kill for each of the players.
    2.7 Lone kills count as 1 point. Assisted kills count as a half point, regardless of how many assisted.
    2.8 If you don't send a PM to the Narrator, or your PM does not have a valid guess in it, you are considered to be absent on that round. Three consecutive absences result in auto-elimination.
    2.9 You are allowed to send your guess in advance if you know you'll otherwise be absent on a round. You may include conditions as necessary to avoid choosing an invalid target.

3. You may roleplay your character in the game thread. It is not obligatory, but it is recommended.

4. You may make pacts with other players. A pact may be public (made in the game thread) or secret (made in PMs). In either case, any such pacts are non-binding.

5.1 When 72 hours (3 days) have passed or everyone has sent in their PMs, the Narrators narrate the deaths and lists all guesses made that round.
    5.2 The correct guesses are listed in the following format: Player 1: Player 2 is a "Secret".
    5.3 Incorrect guesses will not be bolded: Player 2: Player 1 is a "non-secret".

6.1 The Narrators checks how many players are left.
    6.2 If there are no characters alive, the game is over and there is no winner.
    6.3 If there is one character left, that player wins the game.
    6.4 If there are two characters left, the one with more points wins; if it's still a tie, the one with the most unassisted kills determine the winner. If it's still a tie, then.... it's a Tie!
    6.5 If there are three or more characters left, a new round begins.

Player list
    # Player Character Race
    Hero/Villain Secret? Fate Kills/
    Unassisted
    01 DiscipleofBob Dark Duke of Dark Darkness Presumed Human
    02 BasketOfPuppies Furred Four: Rex, Spot, Tiny, Bongo Puppies
    03 Shadow11615 Gurtog, the Ground Shaker Orc
    04 Airea Ship Girl 15 y.o. Human
    05 Silent_Interim The Bellhop Human
    06 GAAD The Serpent Torch Human/Titanic Inst.
    07 Penguinator The Salamander Undine, disguised human
    08 Flaming Eagle Wireframe Gen-Modified Human
    09 Zar Peter Captain Tarantula WereTarantula

Spoiler: Character Profiles
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow11615 View Post
    Name: Gurtog, the Ground Shaker

Race: Orc

Description: Tusked, red (like an apple), and quite ugly, he inspires fear, or at least tries to. Gurtog is rather loud, though no one can figure out what he is yelling. He is dressed in samurai armor (or any other armor that fits). 7' 8" He likes apples.

Weapons/Skills/Superpowers:
    Two Very Large Axes-Rather dull, it is more likely to crush than slice, though they have done both. Poor apples.
    Super Strength-Where his title originated. He is known to live in California to disguise 'accidental' smashes. Good apples there too.
    Very Heavy-Not really a power, he is very hard to move. Probably from all those apples.
    Very Loud-Not really a power again, he may hurt your ears a bit. Maybe he wants apples?
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Identity: The Furred Four

Race: Puppies

Description: The Four are led by Rex, a golden retriever. He tends to be good with others. Second in command is Spot, the Dalmatian. He's the brains of the group. Tiny, a Yorkie, is next. He's hotheaded but leveled out by the others. Last and certainly not least is Bongo the Pug. He's the strongest, but dim witted.

Weapons/Powers: They all have superstrong biting capabilities and can speak English, though all at different levels of fluency. They can move very quickly and use teamwork to take down foes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airea View Post
    Identity: Ship Girl

Race: A 15 year old human.

Weapons/Powers: Has the power to make any people (two or more) to have romantic feelings for each other. Whether in person or in a media she has watched for more then 2 seasons/movies she has the power to alter actions and storylines, the more badly written the better. This also turns all attention away from her to the new ship.

"But I wrote it!": If she writes a scene or story reality bends to adapt to it.

Description: Short and thin, Ship Girl is giddy and easily excited. With light blonde hair, the latest fashion and her ever present computer bag she is always ready to find and write up her newest ship. Cause it awesome that way, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Name: The Dark Duke of Dark Darkness

Real Name: Dan Didio, Dark Lord of the Dark and Gritty Reboot.

Age: Listed as 52, but has been so since at least since the Nineties.

Race: Presumably human, but the terrible kind in modern comics that isn't capable of good or rational thought.

Occupation: Super villain obsessed with "improving" any superhero, supervillain, or world with either.

Description: A balding middle-aged man with a goatee, clad in a combination of all the grimmest of dark costume pieces from the 80's and 90's.

Weapons/Powers: Focuses all his machiavellian schemes with reinventing heroes and villains as darker, grittier versions of themselves. Has two henchmen, Dark (Joe Quesada) and Gritty (Zack Snyder), two bumbling fools who share his goals. Is obsessed with ruining the happiness of heroes and letting the villains win whenever possible. Can remove color and happiness from the world around him. Has reset the world into his own twisted vision at least once, and is trying to set up a big crossover event which will destroy all the other worlds which might compete with his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Name: The Bellhop.

Race:
    Human.

...Bellhop.

Description:
    A short, pleasant, polite young man wearing a neat, well kept uniform.

Weapons/Powers:
    Right Behind You:
    Can teleport to be standing directly behind people at any time.
    Let Me Carry That: Can lift virtually any load. he has no super strength in other situations though.
    Guilt Trip: You have to tip him. He carried your bags. Those were heavy. He was so polite about it, too. And do you have any idea how little he gets paid? You would have to be a monster not to!
    Blends In: It's hard to notice him if you aren't specifically looking for him- like a human piece of furniture.
    Hotel Security: Can summon the dark entities that give him power to consume his enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Name: The Serpent Torch

Race: Human/Titanic Instrument

Description:
    Amy collected herself. Nothing was broken. Except the windows, of course. She shook off the coating of broken glass and looked up. Before her stood a set of violet armor. Shining with an eldritch ebony light and the glint of the waning moon, the figure turned towards her. Smoke crept out from the slotted mask, slowly freezing into hovering icicles of soot. The field of shattered glass soon followed them, swirling around the glossy emerald right hand of the glowing suit. In its left hand lay the Sword.
    The first thing she noticed was that it was pointed at her.
    The second was that it was on fire.
    Because of pineappling course it was.
    miss bell., it said. we meet at last. stay where you are. It then turned around, and advanced towards the exit.
    Her legs were as concrete. Immediately she reached for her gun - and saw it behind her, across the room.
    So she took a different path.
    "The Serpent Torch, I presume? Funny, I was led to believe you were a bit more of a conversationalist."

Weapons and Powers:
    The Sword: It is also known as the Serpent Torch, but generally referred to as The Sword so as to distinguish it from its wielder. The Sword was the weapon of Titan Paradox, deposed by the Gods of the Fae three thousand years ago and cast into the forgotten depths of the Fifth Wall for eternity. There are two others like it, once belonging to the Titans Paradigm and Paradise, likewise scattered among the multitudes of unsung tales. It contains much of Paradox's power. In the hands of a god, a Torch contains enough SOD to rewrite their reality to their whims. In the hands of a mortal, it contains enough raw power to channel B-class force with any of the seven elements of magic - Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Darkness, and Mind.
    Its current wielder, who has been Folded by Pride and Greed, is therefore attuned to its Mind and Earth aspects more effectively than the other disciplines. As such, the current Serpent Torch has the following powers at its disposal:
    As It Is Spoken: Any non-Folded (read: Civilians) must obey any orders given to them by the Serpent Torch, to the letter. They are fully aware of what they are doing, and that they are considered expendable. As such, they are free to twist their interpretations of their orders to help themselves, or even go against their "Master". However, they are physically unable to blatantly disobey him. NOTE: As It Is Spoken has no effect on Folded (or, in this setting, empowered persons).
    Telekinesis: Any free-resting solid, liquid, or gas material may be manipulated by the Serpent Torch freely by telekinesis, within 24 meters. The Serpent Torch must consciously manipulate each object, or give it orders such as "Rotate around my right hand" or "Accelerate towards the closest person." These orders will continue to persist, without distinguishing between friend and foe, until consciously dismissed. Thus, the Serpent Torch prefers to work alone so as to minimize collateral damage.
    Elemental Conjuration: The Serpent Torch may create pure elemental energy of any kind - Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Darkness, or Force. These may then be launched as a projectile toward its foes, but cannot be the target of advanced Telekinesis and dissipate within 24 seconds of their creation.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-12-21 at 11:16 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Circle of Assassins XVIII: Super Heroes vs. Super Villains

Posting interest. I'll work on a character and secret.

Last round got me thinking of a possible rule addition: If two characters are alive at the end of the game, and they have an equal amount of points/kills, then all the other dead players of the game have a chance to get their revenge from beyond the grave: by voting on which of the two survivors gets killed and which wins the game. Thoughts?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Posting interest. I'll come up with stuff later.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Character
    Show
    Name: Gurtog, the Ground Shaker
    Race: Orc
    Description: Tusked, red (like an apple), and quite ugly, he inspires fear, or at least tries to. Gurtog is rather loud, though no one can figure out what he is yelling. He is dressed in samurai armor (or any other armor that fits). 7' 8" He likes apples.
    Weapons/Skills/Superpowers:
    Two Very Large Axes-Rather dull, it is more likely to crush than slice, though they have done both. Poor apples.
    Super Strength-Where his title originated. He is known to live in California to disguise 'accidental' smashes. Good apples there too.
    Very Heavy-Not really a power, he is very hard to move. Probably from all those apples.
    Very Loud-Not really a power again, he may hurt your ears a bit. Maybe he wants apples?
    I hope I did it right.
    Last edited by Shadow11615; 2015-12-05 at 08:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Let's hope that I can do this right.

Identity: The Furred Four

Race: Puppies

Description: The Four are led by Rex, a golden retriever. He tends to be good with others. Second in command is Spot, the Dalmatian. He's the brains of the group. Tiny, a Yorkie, is next. He's hotheaded but leveled out by the others. Last and certainly not least is Bongo the Pug. He's the strongest, but dim witted.

Weapons/Powers: They all have superstrong biting capabilities and can speak English, though all at different levels of fluency. They can move very quickly and use teamwork to take down foes.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Identity: Ship Girl: Villain who thinks herself a hero.

Race: A 15 year old human.

Weapons/Powers: Has the power to make any people (two or more) to have romantic feelings for each other. Whether in person or in a media she has watched for more then 2 seasons/movies she has the power to alter actions and storylines, the more badly written the better. This also turns all attention away from her to the new ship.

"But I wrote it!": If she writes a scene or story reality bends to adapt to it.

Description:Short and thin, Ship Girl is giddy and easily excited. With light blonde hair, the latest fashion and her ever present computer bag she is always ready to find and write up her newest ship. Cause it awesome that way, of course.
    Save a show. Slay a Shipper.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow11615 View Post
    I hope I did it right.
    Yup.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hmm. This seems interesting.
    Do I have to make a new character for this?
    Because I have a pre-existing OC that I'd like to use.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Name: The Dark Duke of Dark Darkness

Real Name: Dan Didio, Dark Lord of the Dark and Gritty Reboot.

Age: Listed as 52, but has been so since at least since the Nineties.

Race: Presumably human, but the terrible kind in modern comics that isn't capable of good or rational thought.

Occupation: Super villain obsessed with "improving" any superhero, supervillain, or world with either.

Description: A balding middle-aged man with a goatee, clad in a combination of all the grimmest of dark costume pieces from the 80's and 90's.

Weapons/Powers: Focuses all his machiavellian schemes with reinventing heroes and villains as darker, grittier versions of themselves. Has two henchmen, Dark (Joe Quesada) and Gritty (Zack Snyder), two bumbling fools who share his goals. Is obsessed with ruining the happiness of heroes and letting the villains win whenever possible. Can remove color and happiness from the world around him. Has reset the world into his own twisted vision at least once, and is trying to set up a big crossover event which will destroy all the other worlds which might compete with his own.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Right. In. Maybe I'll do better this time.

Name:The Bellhop.
    Race:Human.
    Description:A short, pleasant, polite young man wearing a neat, well kept uniform.
    Weapons/Powers:Right Behind You: Can teleport to be standing directly behind people at any time.
    Let Me Carry That: Can lift virtually any load. he has no super strength in other situations though.
    Guilt Trip: You have to tip him. He carried your bags. Those were heavy. He was so polite about it, too. And do you have any idea how little he gets paid? You would have to be a monster not to!
    Blends In: It's hard to notice him if you aren't specifically looking for him- like a human piece of furniture.
    Hotel Security: Can summon the dark entities that give him power to consume his enemies.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Hmm. This seems interesting.
    Do I have to make a new character for this?
    Because I have a pre-existing OC that I'd like to use.
    As long as he fits the Hero/Villain mold, go for it.

12. - Top - End - #12

RedKnightGirl

Name: The Serpent Torch

Race: Human/Titanic Instrument

Description:
    Amy collected herself. Nothing was broken. Except the windows, of course. She shook off the coating of broken glass and looked up. Before her stood a set of violet armor. Shining with an eldritch ebony light and the glint of the waning moon, the figure turned towards her. Smoke crept out from the slotted mask, slowly freezing into hovering icicles of soot. The field of shattered glass soon followed them, swirling around the glossy emerald right hand of the glowing suit. In its left hand lay the Sword.
    The first thing she noticed was that it was pointed at her.
    The second was that it was on fire.
    Because of pineappling course it was.
    miss bell., it said. we meet at last. stay where you are. It then turned around, and advanced towards the exit.
    Her legs were as concrete. Immediately she reached for her gun - and saw it behind her, across the room.
    So she took a different path.
    "The Serpent Torch, I presume? Funny, I was led to believe you were a bit more of a conversationalist."

Weapons and Powers:
    The Sword: It is also known as the Serpent Torch, but generally referred to as The Sword so as to distinguish it from its wielder. The Sword was the weapon of Titan Paradox, deposed by the Gods of the Fae three thousand years ago and cast into the forgotten depths of the Fifth Wall for eternity. There are two others like it, once belonging to the Titans Paradigm and Paradise, likewise scattered among the multitudes of unsung tales. It contains much of Paradox's power. In the hands of a god, a Torch contains enough SOD to rewrite their reality to their whims. In the hands of a mortal, it contains enough raw power to channel B-class force with any of the seven elements of magic - Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Darkness, and Mind.
    Its current wielder, who has been Folded by Pride and Greed, is therefore attuned to its Mind and Earth aspects more effectively than the other disciplines. As such, the current Serpent Torch has the following powers at its disposal:
    As It Is Spoken: Any non-Folded (read: Civilians) must obey any orders given to them by the Serpent Torch, to the letter. They are fully aware of what they are doing, and that they are considered expendable. As such, they are free to twist their interpretations of their orders to help themselves, or even go against their "Master". However, they are physically unable to blatantly disobey him. NOTE: As It Is Spoken has no effect on Folded (or, in this setting, empowered persons).
    Telekinesis: Any free-resting solid, liquid, or gas material may be manipulated by the Serpent Torch freely by telekinesis, within 24 meters. The Serpent Torch must consciously manipulate each object, or give it orders such as "Rotate around my right hand" or "Accelerate towards the closest person." These orders will continue to persist, without distinguishing between friend and foe, until consciously dismissed. Thus, the Serpent Torch prefers to work alone so as to minimize collateral damage.
    Elemental Conjuration: The Serpent Torch may create pure elemental energy of any kind - Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Darkness, or Force. These may then be launched as a projectile toward its foes, but cannot be the target of advanced Telekinesis and dissipate within 24 seconds of their creation.

Show

By Howl

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Last round got me thinking of a possible rule addition: If two characters are alive at the end of the game, and they have an equal amount of points/kills, then all the other dead players of the game have a chance to get their revenge from beyond the grave: by voting on which of the two survivors gets killed and which wins the game. Thoughts?
    I don't like it. Too high school popularity contest.

So, I went to the Superpower Wiki and hit random page three times to make my character.

Name: The Salamander

Secret Identity: A fairly tall, thin man with a shaved head. Wears sunglasses at all times. He wears a white suit jacket with a pink undershirt, and his clothing is always immaculate. Name is Hans Morgens.

Race: Undine, disguised as a male human.

Description/Costume: A genderfluid being who wears a flashy red raiment. Includes a long, flowing dress with a blackened hem that glistens in the sunlight. The midriff is exposed, and the bust is accentuated. The shoulders of the garment are very pronounced, appearing as tall flames above the shoulders. The garment has long sleeves, and the shoes are red boots with a tall heel. A masquerade mask is included, red with black accents and heavily jeweled. Occasionally, the Salamander has hair which seems to be made of liquid flame, but is just as often bald. The Salamander's skin is tinged blue.

Superpowers: (The pages I got)
    Flashover Inducement: The Salamander is capable of creating fires in contained areas.
    Infinite Resurrection: If The Salamander is killed, they return with a new body almost immediately.
    Undine Physiology: The Salamander is an Undine, a water nymph, and as such has control over water.

Secret: Once had a crush on Ship Girl. Ironically, Ship Girl never noticed.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Secret: Once had a crush on Ship Girl. Ironically, Ship Girl never noticed.
    :p

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

I am happy to find that it hasn't fully started yet. I'm so very happy.

JOINING!

Identity: Wireframe

Race: Genetically-modified human.

Description: Wireframe's costume is a full-body metallic costume with a chequered meshnet pattern. The mask makes his eyes white like Deadpool, and with the appearance of his costume, one would be forgiven for thinking it was his real body.

Weapons/Powers: Wireframe is one of those supers with specific powers, which is that he can wire-ify anything inorganic and control it. His wires are usually thin, but very strong, they can be hard to see.
    Therefore, he fights by using his powers in a variety of ways.

Obligatory Fake Secret: He is not completely blind. Hehe.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-12-11 at 12:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I would love to have three more players. But with or without them, the game will start Monday.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I would love to have three more players. But with or without them, the game will start Monday.
    Note that Lex-Kat cleverly didn't mention which Monday.

18. - Top - End - #18

I'm here and have time so... I'm Captain Tarantula!

Identity: Captain Tarantula

Race: WereTarantula

Description: When enraged (or at full moons) he becomes a giant man sized spider and causes havoc all around him. As a spider he's nearly invulnerable to firearms or poison and can eat a bull in under 10 seconds. When not enraged or at normal nights he's a surveyor employed in a small company in town.

Secret: He is arachnophobic. In both shapes.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

This WILL start when I get home, tonight. Promise.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Day 0
    "It's a quiet day in Charlevilleton. Nothing newsworthy has happened in this small city in years. And yet, this is the city where nine super-beings have agreed to come together to finally finish their grudges against one another. Some are villains. Some are heroes. Some.... just aren't sure what side they are on. But one things for certain, they have carnage on the mind, and that's why they chose this peaceful place. Unlike the big cities where they usually fight, there was less to repair here. And fewer civilians to worry over. Who will save the day? Will any innocents be killed, or will the heroes save them? It's all happening here, live. And you can watch it happen!"

"Aaaand cut!" Another voice says. "That was excellent, John. Now we just have to wai... Here they come!!" The camera turns toward where the second man is pointing, just in time to see the arrival of the first contestant.
    Day 1
    You have approximately 48 hours (Wednesday Night) to get your guesses in.
    Anyone with questions, please feel free to PM them to me.
    Spoiler: Guesses
    Show

1. .

Spoiler: Characters (Players)
    Show

1. Bellhop, the (Silent_Interim)
    2. Captain Tarantula (Zar Peter)
    3. Dark Duke of Dark Darkness (DiscipleofBob)
    4. Furred Four, the (BasketOfPuppies)
    5. Gurtog, the Ground Shaker (Shadow11615)
    6. Salamander, the (Penguinator)
    7. Serpent Torch, the (GAAD)
    8. Ship Girl (Airea)
    9. Wireframe (Flaming Eagle)

Spoiler: Secrets
    Show

1. Allergic to mustard
    2. Enjoys Winter a bit too much
    3. Has prosopagnosia
    4. Is all about that bass, `bout that bass
    5. Is an avid Justin Bieber fan
    6. Is really 'Everyman'
    7. Loved butterflies as a kid
    8. Reincarnation of John D. Rockefeller
    9. Won't use guns

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Player Character Race
    Unassisted
    02 BasketOfPuppies Furred Four: Rex, Spot, Tiny, Bongo Puppies
    03 Shadow11615 Gurtog, the Ground Shaker Orc
    04 Airea Ship Girl 15 y.o. Human
    05 Silent_Interim The Bellhop Human
    06 GAAD The Serpent Torch Human/Titanic Inst.
    07 Penguinator The Salamander Undine, disguised human
    08 Flaming Eagle Wireframe Gen-Modified Human
    09 Zar Peter Captain Tarantula WereTarantula

21. - Top - End - #21

The Bellhop had, in fact, already been there. The camera crew just hadn't noticed him yet.

He smiled pleasantly. "Anything I can assist you with, sirs?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

And now the poking begins.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Wireframe stands on a nearby ledge, pondering the state of things in the city. He's not sure how to feel about being sensationalized, though it could suit his purposes.

His eyes fall on The Bellhop. Seems like anyone could become a 'super' these days. Bad thing or good thing? You decide.

((I'll be travelling from tomorrow (24) to friday (27). Sending PM, but after that don't wait up for me.))

24. - Top - End - #24

RedKnightGirl

The camera crew then turned to focus on a cloud of dust hurtling towards them. Speeding past, mounted on a steed carved from purest obsidian arrived the Serpent Torch. Or, more accurately, a copy of the Serpent Torch. The violet armour sparkled in the light of the cameras, and tilted quizzically at the news crew, before speeding off again, towards the center of town.
    i have been informed as to the nature of this conflict. let my life be forfeit - this is not my soul to lose.
    And with that, the Serpent Torch remained silent, evading the pursuit of the mundane storytellers.
    ---
    But not the eye of the supernatural stenographers.
    In the Fourth Wall, the Serpent Torch's assigned Fae narrator looked on at his project.
    "Well, this is off to a good start."
    "Sir Waver. What is the meaning of this?"
    "Count Alaan. What a pleasure it is to witness your presence - "
    "Enough talk. Where is the Serpent Torch now, and what is he doing there?"
    "Er, it's a crossover event, sir. The Serpent Torch has entered a superpowered bloodbath, to hopefully emerge victorious among the battered corpses and their sobbing families. All in good fun, really."
    "WHAT? The Serpent Torch might die? Do you want to be cancelled?!
    "Of course not, my count. Which is why the combatant in this arena is a copy I made of the Serpent Torch circa mid Season Two. I wouldn't be so stupid as to kill off my protagonist in a non-canon Ultimate Showdown. Especially when the Season Two Finale is so close.
    "Ah. Good man. I don't know why I ever doubt you."
    "Because you're a loose cannon who never plays by the rules but dammit you're the best they got?"
    "Right you are, Sir Waver. Right you are..."
    ---
    In a dark alley, the steed finally crumbled into so much ash. Drawing the Sword, the Serpent Torch prowled on for the opponents the Serpent Torch would face.
    Hopefully, the Serpent Torch's temporary opponents would take as much care avoiding pronouns as the Serpent Torch's regular adversaries did.

Show

By Howl

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Game delayed due to Holiday week. Though, if everyone gets in their guesses, I will update.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hans strolled down the street, occasionally adjusting his glasses to show off the spectacular glint. He said nothing as he did so, but was strikingly aware of his surroundings. Three civilians nearby. One secret identity, two supers going in blazing. No... three supers. He missed the one on the ledge for a split second. He would have to be careful.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2015-12-23 at 10:53 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #27

The Bellhop glanced around at the new arrivals. None of them appeared to be carrying bags. He felt slightly disappointed. How could he carry people's bags if they didn't have bags? None of them had any respect for the proud tradition of Bellhopping. Bellhopping? Was that even a word? Regardless, they had no respect for it. He resolved to be more... aggressive in his carrying-assisting policies.

28. - Top - End - #28

The Furred Four stroll down the sidewalk in disguise, careful to act as normal street pups would. They take note of the supers they can see and attempt to assess them all as best they can, with Spot being the most successful. They don't, however, notice Hans.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Day 1
    The Serpent Torch didn't have to search long. As he round the corner, he saw Gurtog the Ground-Shaker peaking around the corner ahead of him. "Halt right there." The current Serpent Torch clone says, pulling out The Sword and marching toward his possible victim.

Gurtog turns toward the one speaking to him, grinning. His sharp tusks and teeth gleaming yellowed-white in the sunlight. Then with a mighty roar, Gurtog charges. His two incredibly dull axes raised and expecting to taste blood.

The Serpent Torch takes a step back, bracing The Sword's blade in his off hand and ready to block the incoming attack. As luck would have it, there just happened to be a near-full bottle of mustard on the ground, and as The Serpent Torch's foot touched ground hard and prepared to brace, the bottle's contents exploded forth, spraying Gurtog the Ground-Shaker with it's contents.

"No! No like mustard!!" Gurtog exclaims, dropping his axes and immediately begins trying to wipe the deadly poison off his skin.

The Serpent Torch, seeing an opportunity, goes in for the kill, gutting the apple-red Orc with one fatal slice across the abdomen. But before he can even consider how to get the blood off The Sword, The Serpent Torch hears a growling behind him.

Four growlings, actually. This confuses The Serpent Torch, and he is stunned for a moment. Trying to understand what is happening, he turns back to his recently dead victim. "How is it you are there as well as before The Serpent Torch?" he asks, confusion heard even through his purple armor. "And there are now four of you?" he asks, very much confused.

Rex decides there is no further need for introductions. And besides, was he really insinuating they look like orcs?
    "Charge!!" And the Dalmatian, the Yorkie, and the Pug all follow the Golden Retriever in tearing the armor wearing (don't ask how they got past this) powered human apart. The Furred Four are victorious!

Day 2
    You have approximately 48 hours (Wednesday Night) to get your guesses in.
    Anyone with questions, please feel free to PM them to me.
    Spoiler: Guesses
    Show

1. Airea guesses......
    2. BasketOfPuppies guesses GAAD has Prosopagnasia.
    3. DiscipleofBob guesses The bellhop as Prosopagnosia.
    4. Flaming Eagle guesses The Furred Four are Justin Bieber fans.
    5. GAAD guesses I believe that the mighty Gurtok the Ground Shaker is allergic to mustard!
    6. Penguinator guesses Gurtog, the Ground-Shaker is an avid Justin Bieber fan.
    7. Shadow11615 guesses BoP, aka the furred four, Is an avid Justin Bieber fan.
    8. Silent_Interim guesses Ship Girl is an avid Justin Beiber fan.
    9. Zar Peter guesses I think The Bellhop (Silent Interim) is all about that bass, 'bout that bass.

Spoiler: Characters (Players)
    Show

1. Bellhop, the (Silent_Interim)
    2. Captain Tarantula (Zar Peter)
    3. Dark Duke of Dark Darkness (DiscipleofBob)
    4. Furred Four, the (BasketOfPuppies)
    5. Salamander, the (Penguinator)
    6. Ship Girl (Airea)
    7. Wireframe (Flaming Eagle)

Spoiler: Secrets
    Show

1. Enjoys Winter a bit too much
    2. Is all about that bass, `bout that bass
    3. Is an avid Justin Bieber fan
    4. Is really 'Everyman'
    5. Loved butterflies as a kid
    6. Reincarnation of John D. Rockefeller
    7. Won't use guns

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Player Character Race
    Assists
    02 BasketOfPuppies Furred Four: Rex, Spot, Tiny, Bongo Puppies 1/0 1.0
    03 Airea Ship Girl 15 y.o. Human
    04 Silent_Interim The Bellhop Human
    05 Penguinator The Salamander Undine, disguised human
    06 Flaming Eagle Wireframe Gen-Modified Human
    07 Zar Peter Captain Tarantula WereTarantula
    02 GAAD The Serpent Torch Human/Titanic Inst.
    Hero "The current Serpent Torch has prosopagnosia." Torn apart by super-dogs 1/0 1.0
    01 Shadow11615
    Gurtog, the Ground Shaker
    Orc
    Hero! Sort of. Chaotic good? "Weakness-allergic to mustard. It will cause VERY bad swelling, as well as eczema, nausea, dizziness, pain, and other side effects." Gutted after mustarded 0/0 0.0

Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-12-29 at 02:54 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

The Bellhop, watching the Furred Four take down the other hero, immediately rushed in to assist. "Anything I can do for you all?"