New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders (the game has begun!)

Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders

Narrator: Kensen

The Kingdom of Fantasia is a peaceful, happy place with a King and Queen living in a castle, vast farmlands stretching out in every direction, and lush forests where joyous creatures prance about and crystal clear streams run happily.

Well, this is how you could describe Fantasia until recently. A darkness emerged, tormenting the King and Queen with horrible ailments, ruining the crops, and breeding murderous creatures in the dark corners of the forests. Where happiness and unity once existed, now lay ruin.

Everyone, no everything out there is trying to kill you. Fight to survive!

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

This time around your characters are twisted versions of fairytale characters. As was discussed in the previous CoA thread, anthropomorphic characters are also allowed (e.g. a talking dog, an animated broom, or a sentient river). Please include at least the following details in your submission:

Name: Example: Red Riding Hood

Description: Example: She looks like an innocent girl in a red hood, but in reality she is the Wolf, and her hood is red from the blood of her victims.

Weapons/Skills: Example: Lycantrophy - she can turn into a wolf at will. Basket - she carries an assortment of deadly presents in her basket.

Send in a PM--> Secret: Example: Red Riding Hood is allergic to blueberries.

Game rules
    Spoiler
    Show

I Character creation

1. Post your character's name and a description in the recruitment thread.
    1.1 The name should be appropriate for the theme of the game.
    1.2 The description should include at least the character's favored method of killing. Other details on his appearance, personality and modus operandi are also appreciated.
    2. Send the Narrator your character's secret in a PM. What the secret is depends on the theme of the game, but it is usually a secret identity or vulnerability.

Secret: PM this to me: do NOT post it on the game thread. This may be a skeleton in your character's closet or an actual physical weakness.

II The game round

1. The Narrator post a list of all remaining characters, and a list of secrets that are connected to those characters.
    2. Send the Narrator a PM with a guess. If you can guess correctly which secret belongs to which character, that character dies at the end of the round. Write your guess in the following format: [character] is [secret]
    2.1 Once you've sent your PM, you cannot change your guess. The only exception to this rule is that if your target is invalid, you can change your target.
    2.2 You can only target characters and secrets listed by the Narrator.
    2.3 You cannot target your own character, but you can target your character's secret.
    2.4 The deaths occur simultaneously, and thus it is possible for two characters to kill each other, or even for all remaining characters to die on the same round.
    2.5 If two or more players kill the same target, it counts as an assisted kill for each of the players.
    2.6 If you don't send a PM to the Narrator, or your PM does not have a valid guess in it, you are considered to be absent on that round. Two consecutive absences result in auto-elimination.
    2.7 You are allowed to send your guess in advance if you know you'll otherwise be absent on a round. You may include conditions as necessary to avoid choosing an invalid target.
    3. You may roleplay your character in the game thread. It is not obligatory, but it is recommended.
    4. You may make pacts with other players. A pact may be public (made in the game thread) or secret (made in PMs). In either case, any such pacts are non-binding.
    5. When 48 hours (2 days) have passed or everyone has sent in their PMs, the Narrators narrate the deaths and lists all guesses made that round. The guesses are listed in the following format: [character A]: [character B] is [secret] (miss!/HIT!)
    6. The Narrators checks how many players are left.
    6.1 If there are no characters alive, the game is over and there is no winner.
    6.2 If there is one character left, that player wins the game. If there are two characters left, the one with more kills wins; if it's still a tie, unassisted kills determine the winner.
    6.3 If there are three or more characters left, a new round begins.

If the number of players is low, I'll consider adding a few fake secrets on the list or something like that. The previous game showed that with a low number of players, the game may be over in two rounds.

Player list
    {table=title]#|Player|Character|Secret PM'd
    1|Robert Blackletter|The Beast|yes
    2|super dark33|Bycyclops|yes
    3|Internet Flea|King of the Ditches|yes
    4|usourselves&we|The Gingerbread House|yes
    5|Lex-Kat|Rapunzel|yes
    6|Szilard|Phil Pinky|yes
    7|Zjoot|The poison dart frog prince|yes
    8|rakkoon|Dopey|yes
    9|MiraiSigne|The Big Bad Wolf|yes
    10|Penguinator|Bluebeard|yes
    11|C'nor|Saenabel|yes
    [/table]
    Last edited by Kensen; 2013-04-11 at 06:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders

In, thinking as ether prince Not so Charmin or as the beast/ bluebeard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

In as a Bycyclops, it has two heads, each with an eye.
    It is surpriseingly intelligent.
    It shoots lasers from each of its eyes.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2013-04-07 at 06:25 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: King of the Ditches (Ruler of All Things Three Or More Feet Below Surface Level).

Description:His Royal colors are brown and reddish-brown, with the sigil of a shiny shovel. He has long been at war with the King of the Hill, and considers everyone above his level to be the Hill King's subjects. So he kills a lot of people.

Weapons/Skills:

Fist of the Shovel: His vast knowledge of ancient martial digging techniques means he can dig a ditch in seconds. It also makes a handy fighting style when folks invade his kingdom.

Unstoppable Messengers: It's hard to stop a messenger that you can never see; the King's network of mole messengers is the most reliable in the land.

Ditches from Above: One things folks forget about the King of the Ditches is that he controls the worm supply. He therefore carries great influence among the birds, a fact many people only realize when those birds start dropping rocks and moles on top of them.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2013-04-08 at 09:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name:The Gingerbread House

Description:The confectionery house of a long dead witch. Rotting molding and partly eaten, by looks alone no one would ever step foot in the house. Music and laughter of children can be heard coming from inside.

Weapons/Skills:and other such things.

Alluring Scent: Anything with a sense of smell from miles around will find its way inside the house.

No Way Out: While it looks tattered on the outside no such openings will be found roaming the corridors.

Ghosts: The most notable being Hansel, Gretel and The Witch. She still makes her meat pies, and the children help her.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

In! As a... gotta think about it.

Name: Rapunzel

Description: A beautiful princess with long flowing hair, trapped in a tower with only one way out. Oh, where is my Prince Charming to save me!?

Weapons/Skills:

Alluring Singing Voice: A beautiful singing voice that can lure almost any... er, I mean can entice almost any man to come to her rescue.

Long Flowing Hair: Her lovely brunette locks, yes brunette, not blonde, can be used for nearly anything: Strangling, blunt weapon, rope, whip.

Deceptively thin, yet strong, neck: It may look as if it could be broken with a simple snap, but you try dragging around 50 feet of hair and see how strong your neck gets.

Frying Pan-Fu: Being locked up in a tower all alone, except for the occasional visit from your wicked witch loving mother, leaves one with lots of free time. One of the many skills Rapunzel has picked up is a new martial art form, Frying Pan-Fu. She has been practicing how to knock out unsuspecting Prince Charmings since she was twelve.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-04-07 at 02:31 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I too have to come up with my thingie.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ditto.....

Name: The poison dart frog prince.

Description: He looks just like a normal poison dart frog after the witch put a curse on him. He can also talk.

Skills:
    Poison Lips: The frog just wants a kiss to break the curse. It's not his fault that he's deadly poisonous and everyone who kisses him tends to die quickly.

Silver Tongue: The frog is generally pretty good at convincing princesses and the like to give him a kiss. You don't end up in politics without learning to be convincing, even if you were born into it.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2013-04-09 at 11:31 AM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

9. - Top - End - #9

You know what. In!
    Won't have time to form any alliances but hey, let's try and beat the record of the last COA. One day to kill all of us
    (hmm will reinstall the gitp app, eats up battery power like a Bycyclops but hey)

I'll play a ....Boy Blue...Baba Yaga....dwarf!

Name: Dopey

DescriptionThis lovable dwarf looks very gullible and cute. He only speaks in very short sentences and you can't help but trust him. It's not his fault that multiple break-ins and poisoned corpses seem to follow him around. Perhaps he's being followed by a gingerbread house?

Skills
    Cuteness: Nobody can suspect this guy, he looks so harmless and cuddly.
    Enhanced height: Dopey has telescopic legs and arms, mighty handy for those tall buildings
    Poisoner: Dopey has studied under the wicked stepmother for many years and has perfected many poisons so that he can break in without any resistance
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2013-04-07 at 02:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: The Big Bad Wolf

Description: A large wolf, dark in fur and lips generally pulled back in a cruel grin to reveal long white teeth.

Weapons/Skills: Insatiable Appetite - Big Bad is able to gorge himself on the flesh of his enemies, often in amounts many times that of his own body weight.

Vicious Cunning - Despite being 'just an animal', Big Bad is more than capable of concocting schemes to easily outwit those whom he might take unawares.

Huff and Puff - Big Bad has a mighty set of lungs. If he finds his prey inside of a house, he has the ability to simply blow on it and bring the building crashing down around the inhabitants’ ears.

11. - Top - End - #11

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders (still recruiting!)

First of all, welcome, everyone! Currently nine players have expressed interest. I added a table in the first post that shows who's already submitted a character and so on. All characters submitted so far have been approved (though I'd appreciate it if everyone used the official format). Please remember to also PM me your character's secret if you haven't done so yet.

I'll wait until Wednesday and see if more players want to join. Then we'll get started as soon as everyone has posted a character and sent me the secret in a PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Player list updated. Six players are ready. Zjoot, Szilard and Robert will hopefully submit a character sometime soon. And if we're lucky, we'll get one or two more players...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I almost missed this. I'll come up with something.

Name: Bluebeard

Description: An ugly, evil aristocrat with a filthy blue beard. A killer to the core who has had many wives, most of which disappear under mysterious circumstances.

Weapons/Skills: Ring of Keys: Able to get into nearly any door with a keyhole.

Deceptively Kind: It's funny; when you get to know him, he seems to be a gentle giant...

Ladykiller: His favored targets are lovely ladies.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-04-11 at 12:13 AM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #14

Thanks for joining, Penguinator! Please send me your character's secret in a PM!

If Szilard and Robert are also joining, we'll have many enough players and we can get started. So I'll send them a PM...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Phil Pinky

Tom Thumb's younger brother, Phil Pinky is the size of his father's pinky. But by the time Phil Pinky was born, everyone had already gotten over the fact that there were tiny people running around, thus Phil Pinky was ignored by the majority of people. This gave him extreme jealousy of Tom Thumb's fame (however short-lived). Thus Phil Pinky made himself famous in another way: by becoming a master assassin.

Size matters: Phil Pinky's size makes him hard to see, and easy to miss. This gives him an advantage in sneaking up on people and killing them.

Lord of the Flies: While Tom Thumb may have flown a butterfly around, Phil Pinky prefers moths and spiders. He uses the moths to get high and close to people, and reins in spiders to use their poisonous bites.

Edible: Tom Thumb once had an adventure inside a cow. Phil Pinky prefers adventures inside other people. Then from within, Phil Pinky kills these people.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

16. - Top - End - #16

okay...that's just scary .
    good one

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Finally, something Big Bad won't want to eat

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: The Beast

Description: Well we all know the story of Prince Adam and Belle . Well the good Enchantress met another prince, A selfish boy, called Robert. He too refuse her shelter from the rain, and in return was cursed, (along with a whole load of innocents, but she like to gloss over that part). Unfortunately for her Prince Robert was a sickly weak boy, who much preferred his strong massive form, and ordered the Witch hunted and killed. She been hiding ever since, while he has hunted and ravage his lands ever since.
    Weapons/Skills:
    Beast form: The beast is massively strong, with claws that can rend steel, a thick hide that can turn even the mightiest of blows, and when standing on two leg is 8 foot tall
    Rage: The beast was a spoilt child when turn and would throw a tamper if he did not get his way, this has not changed, but the beast mighty body is capable of causing much more damage.
    Animated Army: Like Prince Adam, the innocents in the castle were also caught in the spell, and were turned into various furniture, their only hope is for the curse to be broken, so are fanatically loyal to him
    Secret: Like i make it that easy
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2013-04-10 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    okay...that's just scary .
    good one
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraiSigne View Post
    Finally, something Big Bad won't want to eat

Oh yeah, I guess I should send in a secret too.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Oh and phonelines are open, for alliances, deals and treaties. Of course just call me honest Rob
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Blackletter View Post
    Secret: Like i make it that easy
    [/spoiler]
    Robert, I still need to know your character's secret, though. So send me a PM, please!

...And we'll get started!!!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Saenabel (Unseelie Fae)

Description: A tall, pretty, woman with ash-grey skin, slanted eyes with split, oblong (set vertically), pupils, pointed ears, and hair that seems to be made from crackling blue and white flames.

She was, once, a servitor to the Summer Queen; however, she betrayed her oaths, a feat normally impossible even for the Unseelie, and has since turned rogue, becoming an assassin.

Weapons/Skills: Smokeflesh - Saenabel can turn to smoke, allowing her to evade harm, move silently, and get into places she could not otherwise reach.

Coal and Ember - A pair of enchanted revolvers, both sapient, Coal makes any round which leaves it white-hot, and its ammunition tracks targets by their body heat, while Ember sets ablaze any flammable material near the path of the bullet, and causes it to explode when it strikes.

Pyrokinesis - Saenabel can generate and control flame in various ways.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-04-11 at 03:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders (recruitment ends; starting soon!

Ah, excellent! An eleventh player. Welcome and good luck!

The game begins on Friday or as soon as I have Robert's secret, whichever comes first. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow, I'll choose a secret for him.

24. - Top - End - #24

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders (everyone ready; starting soon!)

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was an enchanted forest that was home to many strange creatures. A cunning wolf had made its den there, there was a house where a girl and 7 dwarves a dwarf lived, there was a gingerbread house where a witch lived (or so people thought), there were fairy rings, dark ponds for frogs, caverns for big and beastly beings, and other places few humans had seen.

On a very special night, everything was about change in the forest. Dark clouds were gathering in the sky. There was a peal of thunder, and a gleam of lightning. Frightened little creatures scurried away from the sound, trying to find a place to hide.

There was a blast of a hunting horn, issued by a dark rider on an equally dark steed. The rider had no face, no banner, no emblem on his shield because he belonged to no house -- but he visited all of them from time to time.

For his name was Death.

Round 1 begins! (You have 48 hours!)

The Characters:
    • The Beast
    • Big Bad Wolf
    • Bluebeard
    • Bycyclops
    • Dopey
    • The Gingerbread House
    • King of the Ditches
    • Phil Pinky
    • Poison Dart Frog Prince
    • Rapunzel
    • Saenabel

The Secrets:
    • Cannot abide the touch of moonlight
    • Collects shiny rocks
    • Doesn't like mirrors
    • Doesn't live in a castle
    • Has a bad knee
    • Has a pixie dust addiction
    • Hates candy
    • Is actually a bear
    • Is allergic to mould
    • Is terrified of rabbits
    • Is wanted for embezzlement
    Last edited by Kensen; 2013-04-11 at 06:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders (the game has begun!)

The Bycyclops strode across the forest, beaming down anything that might be of threat, leaving behind him a trail of burning, melting, freezing, and mostly dead stuff.

What shall we eat today?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins VIII: The Fairytale Murders (the game has begun!)

Perhaps myself? Hehehe mumbled Phil Pinky as he on a spider crawled over the Byclops.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

27. - Top - End - #27

Over 50% of the players haven't sent in their guess yet... I guess you're planning and negotiating alliances or something. But do remember to PM me your target and the secret you think they have!

I'll send reminders in PM because it's round 1, but do note that I won't be sending reminders on subsequent rounds; each round is 48 hours, so I expect you to check the thread at least once every two days. (EDIT: Alas, one of the players has their PM box full, so I cannot send the reminder to them. Anyway, everyone else (except those who have already sent me a PM or have been active in the thread since round 1 started) should have received the reminder by now.)

Anyway, happy hunting! We may already have a casualty.. or maybe not. Who knows? I do, but I won't tell.
    Last edited by Kensen; 2013-04-12 at 03:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, we don't eat little things as you think we do.

LAZER!

29. - Top - End - #29

Gotta love the lazer-eyed bycyclops.

Anyway, we've got over 50% of the guesses in right now, and I guess that's many enough to reveal that there is indeed a confirmed casualty in round 1.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

A beautiful song floats out through the air. Rapunzel sits at her mirror, combing her long tresses. Nine hundred sixty two. Nine hundred sixty three. Nine hundred six- she counts to herself, mentally keeping track.

Rapunzel, Rapunzel. a flat voice calls out to her. Let, uh, let down your golden hair, that I might climb up it? the voice finishes, ending in a confused question.

Rapunzel writes down the number of brush strokes she's on, walks to the only window in her tower, and looks down. The man she sees below is young and handsome. He looks up at her, a dazzling set of teeth showing good hygiene. And what, good sir, would you do with me, once you are in my tower? She asks coyly.

The young prince blushes bright red. I uh... I-

Wrong answer. Rapunzel says curtly, and walks away. Come back when you're more experienced. she calls out.

The young Prince frowns and walks away. He'd come back. He'd show her.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-04-12 at 07:46 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody