New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default An Order Unfulfilled [IC]

Only a small canyon and a large contingent of CIS troops stands between the Republic strike force and a possible end to the war. Jedi Masters Aeron, Da'car, Vahn, Vookto, Zhee, and Zian stand hidden in a small clearing with two padawans--Dorn Tlo, a Kel Dor, and Kriss Binta, a Nautolan--as well as a platoon from the 327th Clone Battalion, forty-three clones strong including its clone commander, ARC Commander Niner. The enemy force seems oblivious to their presence, and the Jedi Masters are currently together with Niner listening to reports from their scouts. Master Vahn was a late and quite unofficial addition to the mission, but the other Masters have worked with Niner and his platoon before at various times, and he has expressed his appreciation for being chosen to execute this last mission with them.

A short distance to the east, Master Plo Koon prepares to lead a squadron of ARC-170s from the 7th Sky Corps in an attack on the bridge city ahead to cover the ground assault. During their briefing, the Kel Dor Council member's familiar presence reaches out to the Jedi Masters in the Force: My squadron is prepared to launch on your signal, Masters, and let us hope that this will be the last time it is required to do so. May the Force be with us all. Koon out.

As the briefing concludes, the group gathers around a holoprojector to discuss what the best approach to their target would be. A few minutes later, the plan of attack decided, the Jedi and clones move out toward the bridge. With the aid of the Force, the enemy battalion ahead will fall; if all goes according to plan, so will their leaders inside. And, if it is the will of the Force, the entire Confederacy will topple in turn. The war that has claimed the lives of many Jedi and even more clone troopers could very well end in just a few minutes more....

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the in-character thread for the An Order Unfulfilled SWSE game; the out-of-character thread is here. Head over to the OOC thread to check in, and once everyone's ready we'll start. In the meantime, feel free to post in-character chatter, character descriptions, and the like.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: An Order Unfulfilled [IC]

Arah Zhee

After being his master for five years Arah Zhee has gotten very good at keeping a close eye on Dorn Tlo without - and here is the important part - actually looking like she is watching him at all.

The boy (he was well into adulthood, but Arah's mind simply couldn't wrap around that fact just yet) had seen far more than she had while she was a Padawan and learned most of what he was taught (which is all any of us can hope for). If he performed admirably today, which she had no doubt he would, she would likely suggest to the council that he be promoted to knighthood. He wouldn't be the only one. Knighting ceremonies had reduced to just a trickle during the war. Many masters didn't want to release their Padawans if it meant they would have to fight in battle alone, regardless of whether they would have been considered ready during more peaceful times. It was sentimental, but the bond between Master and Padawan was one of the few Jedi were allowed, and it was cherished. After the war Arah had no doubt there would be a sudden flood of Knighting ceremonies - to make official what had, for many, been true for years.

They would also have to deal with Chancellor Palpatine. The council was worried about it. They were too smart to not notice that he had steadily gained power during the course of this war and might not want to give it up. They were prepared to intercede, temporarily of course, if he tried to stay in office after the treaties were signed. They should have been insisting on his resignation after the war as a condition of their service, because their use (and therefore leverage) would diminish as soon as it was over, but the council didn't. Arah didn't understand why - which was, perhaps, why she wasn't on the council herself.

But those were thoughts for later, and the battle was now. Arah's first job was to get herself and her padawan through it.
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2011-04-03 at 01:22 PM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jedi Master Tripp Aeron

Tripp pulled back the hood of his robe as he looked up hearing Plo-Koon's telepathic well wish in his head he returned feelings of readiness and hope. Today was a grand day it would soon mark the end of the CIS and bring a quick end to the strife that plagued the Galaxy these last years. Still something wasn't quite right.

The tall broad shouldered man shifted his stance near the holoprojector running a hand through his blond locks that hung free around his shoulders it had been years since it was bound in the knot of a Padawan but each time the wind blew through it brought a sense of confidence and freedom to the Master. Steely gray eyes turned towards his companions a few like him still favored the traditional robes of the Jedi which he was glad to see, more and more Knights lately seemed to embracing roles more as Warlords than leaders. The moment a general or admiral put down his comlink and picked up his lightsaber he became just another Soldier. Though some seemed worth their weight as 10 or 100 Soldiers.

Tan and brown robes billowed for a moment in the breezy air of Cato Nemoidia Tripp cocked his head to it almost listening to the breeze instead he was sizing the rest of the Masters and Knights up. Almost all had seen more than few scraps, all except one. Jedi Master Ekaterina Vahn was not a presence Tripp had expected to see ever again, though not an unwelcome one. Her presence brought back memories that Tripp had not revisited in a long time, good memories of an age more civilized. How or why the flame haired little Master had made her way out was something that Tripp had been chewing on in his gut since they made dirt side on the planet.
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-04-03 at 03:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jedi knight Rhys Da'car

Rhys stood quietly in the group of masters. Despite his experience he was still one of the younger jedi members of the strike team only older than the padawans that accompanied their respective masters. As part of the generation of knights that came into their own in during the clone wars, Rhys dressed accordingly with a smattering of mismatched armour pieces under his jedi robe. The armour filled out his already solid form and made him look the part of the soldier he had been forced to become. His shoulder length dark hair, unmarred by steaks of grey, was tied at nape of his neck with a knotted leather thong and whipped around him in the wind.

This was the largest number of jedi Rhys had seen in once place since the battle of Geonosis. The council was placing great importance on this attack to pull so many jeid together. While not a master himself, if he'd spent less time bouncing around the mid-rim from one battle field to the next and had actually been back to the temple since the war began, perhaps Kriss would have entered his trials and Rhys might have been awarded the title of Jedi Master already. The Force, however, had not willed it so and Rhys and his padawan, Kriss Binta, had been diverted from their defense of a republic medical station in a nearby system to reinforce the strike mission.

Master Kloon's message filled him with hope that the success of this mission might put an end to the fighting for good and perhaps Kriss could witness the galaxy at peace once more. Rhys calmed his mind, careful not to let his sudden feeling of hope distract him in the face of the impending attack.
    Last edited by Rane126; 2011-04-03 at 03:42 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Jedi master Sienn Zian

Although the force provided little guidence today Master Koons message filled him with confidence. With so many masters gathered for this assault it would surely succeed.

Binding his Lekku together and straightening a torn and tattered robe the master flashed a smile at the rest of the group "Don't worry about anything I've been on a dozen missions like this before. We'll be back at the temple before lunch tomorrow"

But he could feel something was off, something he couldn't quite put his finger on.
    Last edited by pffh; 2011-04-04 at 07:40 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Arah Zhee

"I hope you are right, Zian." Arah takes a deep breath before she continues "but I have a bad feeling about this."
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(srry for the delay I didnt know the forum was up)
    The duros Jedi Vooktu looked out of place among the other knights. He chose not to wear the traditional brown robes but a decorated flight suit, lightsaber and blasters clipped to his belt. He looked to the sky longingly, wishing he could be with master Plo Koon in the arc 170s. Why had he been placed on the ground? The council knew he was best pilot in the Jedi academy. It wouldn't be the first time they had made a misguided decision. Still, there was a reason for everything. Surveyed the scene but already knew his suggestion before he even looked at their opposition.

"We should send in the arc170s first, give them a clear shot with no chance of friendly fire. While the enemy is distracted by the air strike we can move our snipers into position to cover our assault. This should minimize casualties."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Master Ekaterina Vahn

She felt like a carrion bird, hovering over the battlefield-to-come and wondering which of the people she was looking at would be dead before the day was out.

The comparison wasn't lost on her fellows, either. Oh, they probably weren't thinking of it quite like that, but she could feel their discomfort at her presence and all-too-brief explanation. She shared it. Declining to fight a war you didn't think was right was one thing, standing on the battlefield and refusing to lift a hand to help quite another. Ekaterina had kept well away from the war's front lines for just that reason, drifting through a succession of sleepy backwater planets far from anything of strategic worth.

And yet here she was on Cato Neimoidia, of all places, one of the great fortress-worlds of the Confederacy. Strange places you found yourself, following the will of the Force.

She was sorely tempted to take up her saber and join Tripp and the others. The Force had guided her here for a reason, and she couldn't see why else. Had she been wrong to stay away? She didn't think so. She'd had three years to think on that decision, and it still felt right to her. She loathed the thought of the Jedi becoming nothing more than another arm of the Republic's law enforcement, or worse its military, and that was undeniably what was happening—had already happened, in the public eye. But it didn't feel right to stand by and do nothing while friends and acquaintances fought for their lives, either, and she wondered if it was pride that made her cling to that decision, if after years of refusing to fight she was simply too stubborn to admit she'd been wrong.

That was half her discomfort. The other half went deeper than conscious thought or even emotion, a sense of tension that permeated the world all around her. If she had to describe it with words, she would have said it felt like sitting on a layer of thin ice and feeling powerful currents rush past just a few feet beneath, but that didn't really describe it.

Shatterpoint, Master Windu would have said. She'd sat in on his lessons a few times, and liked that word. But she couldn't see where it was, only that something was going to give way soon, and then everything would be different.

Some of the others could feel it, too; she wasn't sure if they knew what it was or mistook it for pre-battle nerves, but they felt it. She could hear it in the Twi'lek master's bravado and Arah Zhee's franker declaration, and knew Tripp well enough to see the worry beneath his stoic silence. Her inexplicable presence probably wasn't helping to reassure them.

Yes, carrion bird was apt.

"Careful out there," she said abruptly, mostly to Tripp but not entirely. The rest were familiar faces, but the slightly younger Knight—no, he was a Master now, she reminded herself—had taught alongside her for years before the war broke out. "I didn't come all the way out here just to watch you die. Today is... well." She shakes her head briefly, not sure what she's trying to say. "I don't think it's what you expect. Keep your eyes and mind open."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #9

Rhys Da'car

"Master Vahn, it is good to see you again. I recall many of your lectures years ago when I was but a youngling. Those times were so much better but seem so long ago.

It has been unfortunate that the jedi have been forced into our current role as military leaders but in light of what I witnessed on Geonosis I believe it was unavoidable. I am sorry that you have been drawn into this and I hope you can understand the decision many of us feel we were forced to make to take this role, not only for the Republic, but also to protect the order. I hope you do not think less of us for that."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Commander Niner listens to the discussion among the Masters as they and the clones make their way to their destination. He seems uncomfortable at the thought of Jedi arguing with one another, so there is relief in his voice when he turns to address Bannis. "Of course, Master Vookto. I've sent the signal off to Master Koon, and he and the Sky Corps should reach the target just before we do. Our snipers are already in place, feeding them targeting data."

A few minutes later, the strike force reaches their staging area. Unlike most settlements on Cato Nemoidia, which consist of long, narrow cities densely packed onto miles-long metal and stone bridges over the world's canyons, this settlement was specifically constructed to serve as a military base. The base itself is in a large stone tower, reminding some of the Jedi of the Geonosian termite-mound towers they fought in on that fateful day in the arena three years ago. Gun emplacements ring the top of the tower, and there are many hatches that could be hangar entrances, sniper posts, or worse. A large detachment of droids and tanks guards the single bridge to the tower, and between the guns and the ground troops it would be suicide to attack this fortification without air support. Fortunately, you won't have to do that; as Commander Niner orders the troops to form up for assault, ARC-170s streak by overhead led by Plo Koon's Jedi starfighter.

The gun batteries open up on the Sky Corps as they strafe the tower, filling the sky with emerald energy bolts. On their first pass, half the hatches on the nearest side of the tower are fused shut and one of the AATs on the ground is taken out of commission by Master Koon. Their second pass is met with less success as they lose the element of surprise--though Master Koon is kind enough to destroy another tank for you--but they manage to keep the guns occupied. "That's our cue," quips Niner, and the clones move out, the Jedi arranging themselves as best suits their individual fighting styles with the padawans in the back.

Show

I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Map--Start of Battle

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume you can figure out which units are battle droids, which are super battle droids, which are AATs, and which are clone troopers. Commander Niner is the clone in the back with the red markings, and all of you are represented by Jedi with lightsaber colors matching your speech colors. The ones with the yellow blades are the padawans. Your side gets to act first due to surprise; post away.

Show

<Snip>

12. - Top - End - #12

Rhys Da'car

The bridge is currently pretty clear of debris or opportunities for cover. The Enemy is far enough that it looks to Rhys as if it will take several moments to be able to reach them. As a result, he moves to the head of the column of troopers on the right flank. He advances in an orderly fashion, in position to be able to use his lightsaber to protect the column from enemy fire. As he advances, he centers himself in the Force and concentrates on defense of himself and his troopers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to advance 6 squares, to J30, standard action to fight defensively with no attack (acrobatics trained in place of Initiative so +10 to reflex for total of 38).
    Last edited by Rane126; 2011-04-06 at 02:00 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

NecromancerGuy

Vooktu chose to stay in the back for a number of reasons. Something had felt... wrong about the whole operation. Something was coming, he could feel it, and he didnt feel right leaving the padawans on their own.

The second is, he had never been as skilled with a lightsaber as his peers, perhaps it was too many hours in the flight simulator and not enough in the sparring chamber. The past didnt matter now only the present, and the daunting line of battle droids and tanks in front of him. While he might not be able to join the line he was hardly helpless. As vooktu advanced he raised his blaster into the air and primed the underslung grenade launcher he carried. Loaded with four ion grenades, it was the perfect weapon for these conditions

Vootu takes a deep breath, allowing the force to guide the barrel of his gun to the thickest clump of droids before opening his eyes and shouting

ION OUT

Vooktu aims at the 3 by 3 square of b1 battle droids in the back line, each of htem has to make a relfex roll against his attack

Attack: (1d20+12)[20]

damage: (4d6+6)[22] and multiply the damage by 2 for ion vulnerability

edit: im fairly sure with that damage roll i just wiped them out whether they passed or not
    Last edited by Elvenoutrider; 2011-04-06 at 09:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Sienn Zian

Seeing the mass of droids ahead Sienn quips "Careful now that's a lot of scrap metal and I can't heal the dead."

Then advancing alongside the clones he readies his blaster and fires a couple of shots into the wave of droids.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to E32 and fire my blaster pistol at the droid at F20

Attack: (1d20+10)[23]
    If hit then damage: (3d6)[8]
    Last edited by pffh; 2011-04-07 at 04:23 AM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Arah Zhee

Arah advances slowly for the first few seconds, judging distances carefully and getting a better feel for her surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Full defense (will make no attack rolls), +10 to dodge bonus.
    Move: Move up to row 30.
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2011-04-07 at 08:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jedi Master Tripp Aeron

Tripp glanced over his shoulder as Ekaterina spoke a sparkle of amusement lit in his eyes for a moment. It was hard not to relish this, he knew he should be calm but battle had an invigorating rush to it, adrenaline blazing through his body that he could control but instead let his body feel. It was a fine line to walk.

"I'm always careful."
    He replied, "Make sure to keep your head low."

The culminating moment seemed to crush down on Tripp, one could never really understand the roar of close air support unless one had been up on the front before. The smoldering husks in the rear of the enemy formation would make the day easier, it was sabbac luck that the two tanks destroyed weren't the ones in the front blocking the rear ones from firing. Too much to hope for though, Tripp thought. Yet enemy reinforcements would have a pickle getting around the two charred husks.

The tanks would be a problem with all that firepower and a narrow bridge to canalize the targets right into their sector of fire. Tripp looked at the clones they were packed in too tight a single blast could hit four or five of them.

"Staggered formation! Spread out!" Not there was much room to spread to but by avoiding being adjacent to each other the tanks crew served weapons wouldn't be as effective. Tripp took a moment to activate the shield on his wrist.

In a final moment he closed his eyes for a moment and drew on the Force he could feel aid coming from Ekaterina and he took advantage of the power she lent him remembering lessons of old. His knuckles popped as his hands balled into fists the Force infused his body invisible fibrous tendrils running across the surface of his skin reinforcing and shoring up the strength of his body.

A flicker of a smile crossed his face as he drew his lightsaber adding a quick twirl for flash as the silver blade ignited with the familiar snaphiss. The blade was brighter than most blades spreading a silver glow around Tripp the affect of a Durindfire Crystal he had found years ago. His aim was to draw some attention while the clones took aim.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Anticipate Enemy Strategy: Knowledge Tactics: (1d20+17)[36] +5 Bonus from Ekaterina. Target Tank on Left side.
    Free Action: Speak
    Minor Action: Activate Energy Shield SR15.
    Standard Action: Spend Bonus Force Point awarded by Ekaterina and activate Damage Reduction: DR10 for 1 Minute (10 Rounds).
    Free Action: Improved Quickdraw: Draw and Activate Lightsaber.
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-04-07 at 05:01 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Ekaterina Vahn

"You'll do what you think is right, of course," she replied to Rhys, outwardly unruffled but secretly pleased at his words. He was spouting a lot of nonsense about being 'forced' to do things, but he was being level-headed about their disagreement, and that was more than a lot of people were willing to grant her these days. It's always better to be sensibly wrong than hotheadedly right. "I wouldn't ask you to do anything less."

Before long the time for talking and stewing in their own nervousness was over, and the battle began in earnest: ships howled across the sky raining fire from above, and the armored men all around them moved forward at a trot, readying weapons. Master Vahn followed more slowly, taking the time to center herself in the Force before moving out. Her lightsaber still hung at her belt, and she thought the droids would probably be too preoccupied by the people charging towards them to pay her much attention, but she had no desire to stake her life on it. There was no such thing as true safety on a battlefield.

Spoiler
    Show
    While the ARC-170s make their runs, Ekaterina will use Serenity and then activate Energy Resistance the following round; she has DR 20 against energy attacks until she stops sustaining it.

No actions yet; if the clones move forward, she'll stay a pace or two back from the front lines.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

The CIS droids never knew what hit them. Master Zian opens the battle, taking the arm off a battle droid in the front line with her shot. As the droids quickly bring their weapons to bear, Commander Niner calls out "Blast them!" and the clone troopers brace their rifles. Master Vookto launches his ion grenade, and by the time it lands in the enemy's back ranks, half the battle droids are just so much scrap metal. The clones hustle up to claim the space the battle droids left and to spread out to avoid the AATs' guns.

It seems the fortress crews have finally managed to start clearing the battle debris from the ARC-170s' assault. You hear the high-pitched whine of repulsorlifts start to emanate from the tower, and it gives way to the lower hum of engine thrust as a squadron of droid starfighters lifts off and begins pursuit of your clone pilots.

Spoiler
    Show
    Clone trooper autofire rolls
    (42d20)[18][17][8][6][8][16][12][3][1][18][10][1][12][19][8][18][19][8][10][10][7][5][13][4][15][2][12][17][9][1][11][10][20][4][8][5][11][17][10][12][16][5](436)
    (3d8+3)[20] (3d8+3)[18] (3d8+3)[21] (3d8+3)[16] (3d8+3)[16] (3d8+3)[24] (3d8+3)[15]
    (3d8+3)[15] (3d8+3)[17] (3d8+3)[22] (3d8+3)[9] (3d8+3)[18] (3d8+3)[16] (3d8+3)[16]
    (3d8+3)[20] (3d8+3)[16] (3d8+3)[21] (3d8+3)[14] (3d8+3)[17] (3d8+3)[16] (3d8+3)[20]
    (3d8+3)[19] (3d8+3)[22] (3d8+3)[17] (3d8+3)[17] (3d8+3)[18] (3d8+3)[13] (3d8+3)[17]
    (3d8+3)[17] (3d8+3)[15] (3d8+3)[12] (3d8+3)[17] (3d8+3)[17] (3d8+3)[13] (3d8+3)[13]
    (3d8+3)[20] (3d8+3)[18] (3d8+3)[9] (3d8+3)[15] (3d8+3)[15] (3d8+3)[13] (3d8+3)[21]

Enemy actions will be up in the next post.

Master Aeron
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tanks' guns begin tracking, and you remember that when AATs are behind ranks of droids, they generally use their main guns on the enemy's back rank to avoid hitting their own troops while their side guns target important enemies, such as Jedi or officers.

Show

<Snip>

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

The few battle droids remaining open fire on Arah and Rhys, but their aim is absolutely pathetic; the two Jedi easily block the bolts without needing to think about it. The super battle droids behind them are not so negligible, however, and as half of them also target the two Jedi in front, Arah and Rhys are hard-pressed to defend themselves. The AATs ignore the two Jedi in front, instead concentrating their cannon fire on the clones and Jedi in the back ranks.

The front line of clone troopers is mowed down by the B2 battle droids, dying stoically in silence as blaster bolts riddle their bodies, but Arah and Rhys escape unscathed. In the back, the AAT main cannons blow holes in the clone ranks. Their light cannons barely graze Bannis, who can mostly shrug it off, and strike the Kel Dor padawan, who cannot. His left arm is scorched and hanging numb at his side, but Dorn sends a reassuring pulse in the Force to Master Zhee to let her know he's okay.

Spoiler
    Show
    Battle droids are not smart enough to autofire Jedi, so their shots don't even have a chance of hitting.

Super battle droid autofire:
    Arah
    Attack: (1d20-3)[7]; Damage: (4d8)[8]; Deflect roll: (1d20+21)[32]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[10]; Damage: (4d8)[12]; Deflect roll: (1d20+19)[23]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[4]; Damage: (4d8)[21]; Deflect roll: (1d20+17)[35]

Rhys
    Attack: (1d20-3)[7]; Damage: (4d8)[24]; Deflect roll: (1d20+19)[25]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[9]; Damage: (4d8)[16]; Deflect roll: (1d20+14)[34]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[6]; Damage: (4d8)[16]; Deflect roll: (1d20+9)[14]

Clones
    Attack: (1d20-3)[17]; Damage: (4d8)[18]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[-2]; Damage: (4d8)[18]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[12]; Damage: (4d8)[17]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[10]; Damage: (4d8)[11]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[12]; Damage: (4d8)[23]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[7]; Damage: (4d8)[18]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[9]; Damage: (4d8)[21]
    Attack: (1d20-3)[15]; Damage: (4d8)[23]

AAT main cannons vs. clones
    Attack: (1d20+4)[12]; Damage: (6d10)[42]*2
    Attack: (1d20+4)[20]; Damage: (6d10)[22]*2
    AAT light blaster cannon vs. Vookto
    Attack: (1d20+4)[8]; Damage: (2d10)[11]*2
    AAT light blaster cannon vs. padawan
    Attack: (1d20+4)[18]; Damage: (2d10)[14]*2

Final damage: 11 to Bannis, 28 to Dorn, Dorn is 1 step down the condition track.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2011-04-07 at 11:44 AM.

Show

<Snip>

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Map--Round 1

Show

<Snip>

21. - Top - End - #21

Rhys Da'car

Rhys deflects the incoming fire from the droids with relative ease. He continues a methodical advance towards the other side the the bridge. As he draws nearer to the droid force he calls upon the Force and lifts the Assault tank ahead of him, moving it several meters to his right before releasing his grip, leaving the huge vehicle's repulsors with nothing to react on, dropping it off the bridge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move six squares to J24.
    Standard action: Take 10 UTF for a total of 29 to activate move object. DC 25 allows moving up to Huge items. Move the Huge AAT six squares to the right, dropping it off the edge of the bridge.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jedi Master Tripp Aeron

Tripp felt a wrenching pain as he watched the blast from the tank's main cannon rip a hole in the rear of their formation it would blister them the longer they stayed at range. Laser fire popped and crackled as the azure flash of the clones' rifles discharged at the droids, the double staccato of the B2's scythed red beams through the air. He raised his communicator to his face and and shouted to those around him at the same time.

"Commander Niner those guns will cut your men to slag if we don't close with the clankers have them charge when you see me act."

Tripp brushed past the clone trooper picking up speed as he trotted forward and raised lightsaber high. The Force surged through him the power carried him across the span to his enemies. He impacted like a thunderbolt against the droid line. Raising his silver sword of light up in two hands he brought it down on the first droid in front of him in a fell strike.

Spoiler
    Show

Status HP 103: SR: 15 DR: 10 Damage Threshold: 27
    Swift Action: Surge Use Force Check: (1d20+20)[33]
    Move Action: Surge 12 squares to C28
    Spend 1 Destiny Point
    Standard Action: Unleashed Charge to C16. Full Attack Action (Might Swing) on Battle Droid at C15. Power Attack (Subtract 3 to attack add 3 to hit)
    Attack: (1d20+20)[38]
    Hit: (3d8+25)[36]
    -2 To Reflex Defense until next turn.
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-04-10 at 11:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Sienn Zian

Maneuvering closer to the droids Sienn reached out with the force concentrating on the AAT in front. He could feel every shot as if the recoil from the guns pounded on his temples as he closed his fist and pulled dragging the tank into the mass of super battle droids in front of it

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move 6 squares to E26
    Spend 1 force point on move object
    Standard action: Move object on the left AAT to "hurl" it 6 squares along the ground towards us
    Take 10 on the UFT gives 31 letting me move gargantuan and the force point brings that up to colossal.
    Damage to the tank and droids if it hits them (10d6)[24]

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Arah Zhee

Arah's mind brushes back against her padawan's with a simple instruction - fall back. There would be medical droids in the rear. Dorn would be indignant about it, but he'd know that he was no help to anyone injured. He would also know better than to disobey a direct order from his master.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Telepathy. The DC is 15 and I have +21 to Use the Force rolls, do you still want me to roll it?
    Move: Move up another 6 squares.

25. - Top - End - #25

NecromancerGuy

Vooktu took his eyes off the battle for only an instant, to take a look at the flight of droid starfighters. They would be no match for the arc 170s but would unfortunately delay them until after the bridge was taken. His musingwas cut short by a blaster bolt burning over his shoulder, the bolt not actually hitting, but the searing heat stillenough to take away several layers of his exposed skin. He was glas for his flight suit which kept the injury from being worse. He needed to be more careful, not for his sake but also for the padawans...

Vooktu whirled around to see the kel dor had taken the brunt of the hit. He would not allow the kel dor to be hit again

(vooktu wouldnt know about the telepathic order)

Get behind me and get run when I tell you to he shouts as a blue shimmer starts to appear over his body. He turns to the padawan on his right

You keep him safe and get him to the medical droids

Spoiler
    Show
    Vooktu places himself in between the wounded padawan and the tank's guns and activates his force power shield. Vooktu tries to cover as much of the padawan as he can. He is hoping the tanks will be out by the next round giving the padawan a chance to retreat

Use the force check:
    (1d20+11)[31]

If the tanks are dispatched by the time vooktu has initiative, then vooktu takes a total defense action to raise his AC by 4

If the tanks are not disabled, he fires an ion grenade aiming to hit both tanks, Or a tank and as many droids as possible
    Attack:
    (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage:
    (4d6+6)[19]

The shimmer around vooktu glows strongly as vooktu gains a temporary shield rating of 20
    Last edited by Elvenoutrider; 2011-04-08 at 02:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

The clone troopers begin to look around in confusion when the AAT on the left suddenly accelerates forward, decapitating the droids in front of it, but when the tank to the right skids sideways and drops off the bridge, they realize what's happening and nod thankfully toward the Masters, pumping their fists in triumph. The troopers then spread out a bit more and open fire on the remaining B1 and B2 droids, reducing most of them to slag while Master Aeron practically vanishes from sight and reappears next to the last battle droid to the left, leaving it in a dozen pieces. It is at this point that the snipers on both sides come into play, the CIS snipers attempting to take out the padawans retreating in the rear protected by Master Vookto, and the Republic snipers happily targeting the droid snipers now that they've revealed themselves.

The Separatists aren't about to give up without a fight, however. The tank on the bridge is still mostly functional with only a few dings and scrapes on its underside, and Master Aeron is dangerously close to it. The tank once again targets the clones with its main cannon, but it targets Master Zian with its secondary cannons and Master Aeron with its missile launchers, its pilot having finally figured out that the Jedi are the greater threat. Behind it, the burning husk of one of the destroyed AATs is shoved out of the way and over the side of the bridge as four dwarf spider droids skitter onto the bridge to reinforce the tank.

The battle in the air is just as fierce as the battle on the ground, if not as one-sided. As the ARC-170s pass by overhead on another strafing run on the tower, one of the droid starfighters that doesn't manage to evade their guns comes spiraling down and crashes into the bridge between the Republic forces and the spider droids, leaving a large crater and sending up plenty of smoke. An ARC-170 comes down nearby, this one fortunately missing the bridge. More droid starfighters spill out of the tower, and the guns fall silent so as not to interfere with their own forces.

Suddenly, you all feel a disturbance in the Force, and look up to see Master Koon's starfighter streaking off toward a bridge city a kilometer or so to the east, trailing flames and out of control. You didn't see what shot him down, the starfighters or the tower guns...but just before he crashes, you all hear his shocked and distracted mental "voice" say, Ware betrayal...clones turned...I don't...May the Force be wi-- before his starfighter impacts and his presence in the Force winks out.

A few seconds later, with the echoes of his last words still fresh in your mind, your communicators buzz and Master Yoda's voice comes through, laced with pain and regret: "Betrayed the Order, Palpatine has. Ordered to kill the Jedi, the clones have been. Reveal nothing, you must, if around clones you now are...wait for them to act first, for in danger you may not yet be."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not bothering with the clone troopers' attacks, since even if they all miss they can't fail to take out all the battle droids.

AAT attacks:
    Main cannon vs. clones
    Attack: (1d20+4)[16]; Damage: (6d10)[34]*2
    Light blaster cannon vs. Sienn
    Attack: (1d20+4)[13]; Damage: (2d10)[10]*2
    Missile launcher vs. Tripp
    Attack: (1d20+4)[8]; Damage: (6d6)[26]*2

Final damage: 10 to Sienn, 26 to Tripp.

The droid starfighter's wreckage counts as difficult terrain and provides cover and concealment.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2011-04-10 at 01:57 PM.

Show

<Snip>

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Map--Round 2

Show

<Snip>

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Arah Zhee

Dammit! Arah thinks, before turning and running back through the clone troopers. She doesn't attack anyone - no Jedi was going to be the first to turn against their allies - but she reaches Dorn and stays with him there, light saber still drawn and ignited.

29. - Top - End - #29

NecromancerGuy

Vooktu couldn't believe it. It had to be a mistake. How long did they have? He had to act now as he was closest to the general. He runs over to the commander and fires his grenade launcher at three of the spider droids.
    He turns to the commander.

Commander, ive been told the separatists hacked our communications array, we've been ordered to watch for any suspicious orders. Lets get this over with. we need to close the distance, order the charge

(1d20+12)[20]
    (4d6+6)[19]

persuade check:
    (1d20+6)[16]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Hacked our comms? Haven't noticed any strange transmissions..." Niner sounds skeptical, but he nods and agrees to the charge.

Show

<Snip>