New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Advantage/Disadvantage and DC

So,
    Rereading the ability check section and I realize something I don't understand.
    When are you supposed to adjust DC, and when are you supposed to use advantage/disadvantage?

From what I can tell one is supposed to ask is this an Easy, moderate, or hard task and set accordingly. But if their are exceptional circumstances to apply advantage or disadvantage. But checks don't have a 'standard' difficulty, they are set to the specific scenario which would include those circumstances in whether it would be easy, hard or somewhere in between.

There are some, like say sneaking or spotting is set by opposition, and so advantage/disadvantage would indicate circumstances, like say the spotter is poisoned and groggy, or the sneak is wearing noisy boots.

Is that when is it intended to be used or are DMs intended to use it more broadly, setting a 'baseline' for tasks and using advantage/disadvantage to adjust them?
    My sig is something witty.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Advantage/Disadvantage and DC

I think about it like this: DC is about the challenge itself, adv and disadv is about the person attempting it.

Climbing an unknotted rope is DC 10. But the rope is old and wet, and has algae growing on it, making it very slippery. The DC is adjusted to 15.

Frank is trying to climb the rope. He makes the check at disadvantage because he got his hand caught in a sliding panel trap and its use is compromised.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
    So,
    When are you supposed to adjust DC, and when are you supposed to use advantage/disadvantage?

From what I can tell one is supposed to ask is this an Easy, moderate, or hard task and set accordingly. But if their are exceptional circumstances to apply advantage or disadvantage. But checks don't have a 'standard' difficulty, they are set to the specific scenario which would include those circumstances in whether it would be easy, hard or somewhere in between.

There are some, like say sneaking or spotting is set by opposition, and so advantage/disadvantage would indicate circumstances, like say the spotter is poisoned and groggy, or the sneak is wearing noisy boots.

Is that when is it intended to be used or are DMs intended to use it more broadly, setting a 'baseline' for tasks and using advantage/disadvantage to adjust them?
    There's no hard and fast rule it just gives you two different levers to get a lot of different variances within a small range. Adv/dis it's a good execution of the roll to pick high/low idea. they just overuse it.
    what is the point of living if you can't deadlift?

All credit to the amazing avatar goes to thoroughlyS

4. - Top - End - #4

So,
    I usually do Advantage/Disadvantage, when attempting what I consider a "passive" skill.
    Someone is trying to track something through these woods - they're a druid, who lived in this woods, or familiar with the woods - I might say, "Ok. You know what kind of creatures typically wander through this woods. These tracks stand out. Go ahead and roll at Advantage to see if you can tell what made these tracks."
    Where as I use DC for "action" type skills.
    "This stone wall has plenty of areas to grab hold. Because of that, the DC is 10 to use Athletics to scale this cliff side."
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

So,
    Guidance for setting DCs are found on DMG 238. In a sentence, DCs are meant to be subjective depending on the relative difficulty of the task being attempted.

Guidance for advantage and disadvantage are found on DMG 239. In a sentence, advantage and disadvantage are granted when circumstances provide a benefit or detriment to the task being attempted.
    Last edited by schm0; 2024-05-22 at 08:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by schm0 View Post
    Guidance for setting DCs are found on DMG 238. In a sentence, DCs are meant to be subjective depending on the relative difficulty of the task being attempted.

Guidance for advantage and disadvantage are found on DMG 239. In a sentence, advantage and disadvantage are granted when circumstances provide a benefit or detriment to the task being attempted.
    Sounds great until you realize that the DC doesn't exist until the attempt is made to begin with so they are largely interchangeable.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Indeed.

So for example:

Decyphering a secret code could be DC 15, but the character has disadvantage because they have to do it while sustaining a conversation with someone who doesn't know that and who would disapprove if they knew.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
    Sounds great until you realize that the DC doesn't exist until the attempt is made to begin with so they are largely interchangeable.
    Yeah that,
    Moving quietly across egg shells is hard.
    Moving quietly across a hard wood floor is normal, but there are egg shells on it, so roll with disadvantage.

It implies the task has a set difficulty it never told me, that I am supposed to adjust based on circumstances that I probably already did when I set difficulty.

I does make sense in context of very hard and near impossible aren't actually supposed to be used. Hard with disadvantage would in theory be the fairer way how the rules describe.
    My sig is something witty.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm fairly confident all of the adventures on my shelf contain predetermined DCs for various tasks. :)

There are some aspects of the game that have universal DCs as well, such as social interaction, etc. The DM is expected to make up DCs on the fly for everything else, though.

10. - Top - End - #10

I'm fairly confident all of the adventures on my shelf contain predetermined DCs for various tasks. :)

There are some aspects of the game that have universal DCs as well, such as social interaction, etc. The DM is expected to make up DCs on the fly for everything else, though.
    It doesn't matter if there's a list of DC because the DC does not "exist" until it's relevant to an action taken. Since we have no idea what action is going to be used it's a suggestion at best. .

If you do try to do it this way where you have a set DC and apply advantage disadvantage to that, you run into a place where the players are literally going to do the bare minimum to obtain it and then stop caring because for some reason now their actions no longer matter.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Yeah that,
    Moving quietly across egg shells is hard.
    Moving quietly across a hard wood floor is normal, but there are egg shells on it, so roll with disadvantage.

It implies the task has a set difficulty it never told me, that I am supposed to adjust based on circumstances that I probably already did when I set difficulty.

I does make sense in context of very hard and near impossible aren't actually supposed to be used. Hard with disadvantage would in theory be the fairer way how the rules describe.
    If it's universal to everyone attempting this task right here right now: modify the DC.

If it depends on who is attempting: apply advantage/disadvantage.

Is moving quietly on eggshells harder if the person is blinded by a spell, or poisoned by a giant spider, or wearing armor?
    Last edited by Unoriginal; 2024-05-22 at 09:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    If it's universal to everyone attempting this task right here right now: modify the DC.

If it depends on who is attempting: apply advantage/disadvantage.

Is moving quietly on eggshells harder if the person is blinded by a spell, or poisoned by a giant spider, or wearing armor?
    the most important question is how aware is the creature that is setting the criteria of what quiet is. It's like a tree falling in the woods when no one is around to hear it.

This is a good example on how having a preset DC can be tricky as choices tend to cascade into each other.

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

When I am doing it, I determine what kind of check first. Then, I establish a baseline DC for the task at hand. Then, I look at surrounding circumstances for things that would adjust that DC. Then I look at the person attempting the action and see if they have any reason to have advantage or disadvantage.

Let's say that a group is attempting to cross a 50' gap. They have a 60' rope and a flying pet that can take the rope across and tie it off, but couldn't carry the PCs. They get the rope tied off on both ends, nice and tight, and they want to walk across it.

I will say, based on the plan, that they are looking at an acrobatics(dex) check. I think that just crossing a tightrope is going to require either training, natural dexterity, or a bit of luck to make it across, so I set the DC at 10. (I could easily see someone deciding this should be very easy at 5, allowing a 16 dex Tier 1 character with proficiency to make this without fail. Different tables will come to different conclusions on the numbers, and that's fine.)

It's particularly windy today, so that will increase the difficulty a bit. Maybe a +2, so the DC is at 12. (I recognize that trying to put too fine a point on it may be a waste of time, but this is my process.)

Then, I look at the PCs trying to cross. Up first is the person with proficiency in acrobatics. That is enough for me in this case to give them advantage. (I often give advantage to people with the skill proficiency if it is something that I think will be easier for someone with the proficiency but it is still possible to attempt without it. In contrast, some things like picking a lock I only allow with proficiency, so it wouldn't be advantage to have it, just a requirement of the roll.) Next up is the fighter who has a 10 dex and no proficiency. A person without any training and not naturally dextrous, I have no issue with them being less likely than a coin flip to do this, so I feel good about the number and no advantage or disadvantage. Then we get the person who has a flaw on their character sheet about how they are afraid of heights. That's going to be a disadvantage for them to cross this. Maybe they are proficient with acrobatics and it will cancel out, but if not, they're going to have a bad time.

I review, feel like this is an appropriate outcome, and say to the players - "You tie off the rope nice and taut, making it a reasonable plan to cross. Seems like this could be easy for you under ideal circumstances, although the wind is gusting and that might increase the difficulty a bit. Those of you who have some training in things like this will have an advantage over those who don't, but it is something that anyone with natural dexterity of a good helping of luck may be able to pull off. It is quite high, so if you're afraid of heights, you may want to concentrate on not looking down."

My wording there should tell the players that this is an easy task, establishing the baseline of 10. It should be a bit harder due to the wind, which at my table may indicate something between a +1 and +3 to DC - higher than that would have moved the class to moderate. They know that if they are proficient they will have advantage, and the person with a fear of heights knows that that is going to factor in as a problem. From there, they can decide who will attempt the crossing, in what order, and if they should do anything else like running a tie line to themselves and the rope.

That process takes me a few seconds if I'm surprised by what they are doing - most of the time, I'm tracking what they are saying as they plan it out, and have that all in my head when they present a plan. But I find it pretty easy to do so quickly, and I'm at least consistent enough that I've never had the players complain (keeping notes on what I have decided in the past helps).
    Created an interactive character sheet for sidekicks on Google Sheets - automatic calculations, drop down menus for sidekick type, hopefully everything necessary to run a sidekick: https://tinyurl.com/y6rnyuyc

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

It doesn't matter if there's a list of DC because the DC does not "exist" until it's relevant to an action taken. Since we have no idea what action is going to be used it's a suggestion at best. .

If you do try to do it this way where you have a set DC and apply advantage disadvantage to that, you run into a place where the players are literally going to do the bare minimum to obtain it and then stop caring because for some reason now their actions no longer matter.
    I'm not sure what definition you are using for the word exist, but it's much different than the one in my dictionary. Everything printed in any adventure is a "suggestion" if you want to look at it that way. Nobody is disputing the existence of Rule 0.

As for your example, that's how ability checks are run RAW: the players tell you they want to attempt something, you determine it requires an ability check, you set the DC, and apply advantage or disadvantage as circumstances demand, the player rolls accordingly, and you narrate the outcome.
    Last edited by schm0; 2024-05-22 at 10:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

I'm not sure what definition you are using for the word exist, but it's much different than the one in my dictionary. Everything printed in any adventure is a "suggestion" if you want to look at it that way. Nobody is disputing the existence of Rule 0.

As for your example, that's how ability checks are run RAW: the players tell you they want to attempt something, you determine it requires an ability check, you set the DC, and apply advantage or disadvantage as circumstances demand, the player rolls accordingly, and you narrate the outcome.
    Ok look at this way. You have a large heavy object that needs to be moved to block a hole before the chamber the party in floods.
    The way that you're describing it means that anybody attempting to help after advantage is achieved is useless. This leaves a massive gap between a task that might be possible with advantage and a task that's automatically achieved.

So there's no reason for the relatively weak rogue to grab a lever and try to pry it up so the big dude(s) can get a better grip or the wizard to try to use <spell X> to reduce friction or slow the water down to make the task less urgent. It's just a dice roll now.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Advantage/Disadvantage easily canceling each other is also an intended feature of the mechanic.
    The idea is, instead of a DM spending time on calculating Circumstance Bonus and Malus, the DM can quickly decide if the check has Advantage, Disadvantage, or is just a straight roll because both a bonus and a malus are present in the circumstances.

The rule is meant to lead to a speedy resolution. Looking up/considering the plus and minus of each contributing factor to the overall circumstances of a check, is not as speedy....and 5e wants to be fast.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok look at this way. You have a large heavy object that needs to be moved to block a hole before the chamber the party in floods.
    The way that you're describing it means that anybody attempting to help after advantage is achieved is useless. This leaves a massive gap between a task that might be possible with advantage and a task that's automatically achieved.

So there's no reason for the relatively weak rogue to grab a lever and try to pry it up so the big dude(s) can get a better grip or the wizard to try to use <spell X> to reduce friction or slow the water down to make the task less urgent. It's just a dice roll now.
    Well, for starters, lifting and carrying things isn't a ability check, it's determined by your strength score. So advantage doesn't really apply here. Two people can lift their combined lifting capacity, anything more and they can't lift it, RAW.

If a task that requires an ability check can be easily achieved by everyone working together, or some other similar circumstance, then sure, no roll should be required. But in general, yes, the rules do not allow for the stacking of advantage for simplicity's sake. I don't know if that addresses what you were trying to say or not.
    Last edited by schm0; 2024-05-22 at 12:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Well, for starters, lifting and carrying things isn't a skill check, it's determined by your strength score. So advantage doesn't really apply here. Two people can lift their combined lifting capacity, anything more and they can't lift it, RAW.

If a task that requires an ability check can be easily achieved by everyone working together, or some other similar circumstance, then sure, no roll should be required. But in general, yes, the rules do not allow for the stacking of advantage for simplicity's sake. I don't know if that addresses what you were trying to say or not.
    Skill checks don't exist at all in 5e. They're all ability checks that you can apply skills to when it's relevant so I don't understand what that has to do with anything. Also skills have no direct interaction with advantage/disadvantage. Some DMs might let combining skills to apply advantage but that's a different subject.

You'll notice I didn't even mention how they moved it because I don't know and that is what's going to determine the DC if one is needed at all.

The rules for lifting and carrying is the starting point not a hard cap unless you're going to say that the same weight that you can barely pick off the ground is the same weight that you can pick up put over your head and carry across the room. That's one of those massive gaps I was talking about where you have a task that seems unnecessarily polarized when you have a perfectly functional system to prevent it.

**Then you have things like the often forgotten block and tackle in the adventuring gear that have no rules on how to set it up but also allow you to quadruple this value. Seeing how it's adventuring gear there has to be some way to actually use it on an adventure but you still need to find a way to set it up and attach the load.

Would you let the party potentially flip an extremely heavy object onto a set of ball bearings to roll it if the floor is flat enough?**

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Not true. If you run the prepublished adventures you will find DCs already determined before the players ever get there.

I do something similar with traps and locked doors, and locked chests. The DC is already in my notes. For improvised actions, though, you sometimes have to derive a DC on the spot.

Also, the DC for a contest or opposed check is clearly defined by the opposing roll.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

There isn't really a standard/best way to handle it, I tend towards taking into account any external circumstances when setting the DC and save the advantage/disadvantage for character related bonuses/penalties that come from background, backstory, race, religion, or features/spells that they use. But that's assuming that those things don't provide an auto-success, which for background/backstory stuff I tend to favour. Also what success/failure look like should also influence the DC.

Best advice is to talk to your playgroup about what their expectations are if any, play it as best you can, review things after the session (With or without the players), and adjust as needed with any big changes to how you handle things being discussed with the players. Repeat until you find what best fits you and your table.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Not true. If you run the prepublished adventures you will find DCs already determined before the players ever get there.

I do something similar with traps and locked doors, and locked chests. The DC is already in my notes. For improvised actions, though, you sometimes have to derive a DC on the spot.

Also, the DC for a contest or opposed check is clearly defined by the opposing roll.
    There's no point for them to research the blueprints for the lock and have somebody help them by keeping a lookout because the DC is not going to change and advantage only stacks once.

In the same vein that trying to pick the lock in a fashion that won't leave any marks so anyone looking wouldn't know you were there and gaining access as fast as possible are somehow equally difficult even if the goals are different.

Advantage of disadvantage takes a lot of this and makes it's a nice clean yes/no but if you stop there then your world suddenly stops making any sense. Your actions are no longer determining the likelihood of success.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This scenario sounds like one where I might apply a group skill check. Fair warning, I deviate from RAW in that the book says the have everybody make the *same* check, whereas I’ll have them make different checks* based on how they are contributing. But I would apply the same principle of needing half to succeed for an overall success.

*In this case, I would probably have the big dudes go for Strength (Athletics), the Rogue go for Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) to properly place the level, and the Wizard go for Intelligence (Arcana) to make the proper adjustments to get the spell to do the thing. (I might have the Wizard auto-succeed if they are using up a spell slot, mostly because I would want to reward them for using a limited resource.)
    We don't need no steeeenkin' signatures!

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyChewie View Post
    This scenario sounds like one where I might apply a group skill check. Fair warning, I deviate from RAW in that the book says the have everybody make the *same* check, whereas I’ll have them make different checks* based on how they are contributing. But I would apply the same principle of needing half to succeed for an overall success.

*In this case, I would probably have the big dudes go for Strength (Athletics), the Rogue go for Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) to properly place the level, and the Wizard go for Intelligence (Arcana) to make the proper adjustments to get the spell to do the thing. (I might have the Wizard auto-succeed if they are using up a spell slot, mostly because I would want to reward them for using a limited resource.)
    Which is a perfectly valid approach you just can't predetermine that group check because the action(s) are what determined what they would be. What you don't want to happen would be to have somebody purposely sit out on this because mathematically it's increases their chances.

*Not to mention if you try to use the left,push, drag rules and you have to determine how much everything weighs which is even more annoying than adjusting DC a few points off the cuff.*

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Skill checks don't exist at all in 5e. They're all ability checks that you can apply skills to when it's relevant so I don't understand what that has to do with anything. Also skills have no direct interaction with advantage/disadvantage. Some DMs might let combining skills to apply advantage but that's a different subject.
    Thanks, my wording was inconsistent in that one instance. I've updated my post. I am well aware of the rules, thank you. :)

The rules for lifting and carrying is the starting point not a hard cap unless you're going to say that the same weight that you can barely pick off the ground is the same weight that you can pick up put over your head and carry across the room. That's one of those massive gaps I was talking about where you have a task that seems unnecessarily polarized when you have a perfectly functional system to prevent it.
    There are no RAW for lifting weight beyond your carrying capacity, so yes, RAW it is a "hard cap". Regardless, it does not use an ability check, so the example is moot.

Would you let the party potentially flip an extremely heavy object onto a set of ball bearings to roll it if the floor is flat enough?**
    Probably not, since the ball bearings can't be isolated and they'd eventually roll completely under the object even if it were to work. I don't understand what this has to do with ability checks or advantage/disasdvantage, though.
    Last edited by schm0; 2024-05-22 at 12:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Thanks, my wording was inconsistent in that one instance. I've updated my post. I am well aware of the rules, thank you. :)

There are no RAW for lifting weight beyond your carrying capacity, so yes, RAW it is a "hard cap". Regardless, it does not use an ability check, so the example is moot.

Probably not, since the ball bearings can't be isolated and they'd eventually roll completely under the object even if it were to work. I don't understand what this has to do with ability checks or advantage/disasdvantage, though.
    If you need the book to tell you that you can sometimes lift more then idk what to tell you. Also seeing that one of the examples of for a strength check is pushing a statue over that doesn't fall under the pushing rules regarding to your carrying capacity the rules as written directly conflict with your statement that it's a hard cap.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Beholder

I take into account the circumstances surrounding the attempted action relative to the characters.

For instance: it’s not just “trying to recognize a holy symbol”. That statement isn’t necessarily the extent of the info we know and the challenge of the action could be significantly different for different characters, such as:

- autopass, no roll needed, for followers of the god who uses that symbol. Followers of Tyr recognize his symbol.
    - easy for those who are studied in that diety’s religion and should know of the symbol, such as acolytes of a sister diety or those of an enemy diety who likely are trained to know the relevant symbols.
    - hard for someone with no training in Religion, and no background reason as to why they would have been exposed to that symbol.

This may lead to three different PCs having three different DCs for recognizing the same symbol, but, to me, it makes sense: a follower of the religion should just know their diety’s symbol (assuming it’s a regularly used one), while someone who’s never studied, or cared to learn the different holy symbols might have a more difficult time identifying who’s symbol is who’s.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you need the book to tell you that you can sometimes lift more then idk what to tell you. Also seeing that one of the examples of for a strength check is pushing a statue over that doesn't fall under the pushing rules regarding to your carrying capacity the rules as written directly conflict with your statement that it's a hard cap.
    I don't need the book to tell me anything, of course. As I said earlier, nobody is disputing the existence of rule 0. I'm simply talking about the RAW. And by the RAW, what I said was entirely correct.

As for pushing over a statue, that is obviously much different than pushing it along the ground, so no, I would not say they are the same.

I'm still interested to hear an example that involves an ability check that touches on what you cited earlier:

I'm still not sure I understand what you were trying to say here.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

There's no point for them to research the blueprints for the lock and have somebody help them by keeping a lookout because the DC is not going to change and advantage only stacks once.
    There's an interesting hill to die on. Research of the blue prints would be an interesting way to deal with a lock that is hard to open, yes. Might even negate the roll entirely. I see that you are complaining about not being able to add bonuses to the moon. The advantage feature works for the whole game.

In the same vein that trying to pick the lock in a fashion that won't leave any marks so anyone looking wouldn't know you were there and gaining access as fast as possible are somehow equally difficult even if the goals are different.
    How you apply time pressure is situationally dependent. If you have to do it fast, or perceive that, you might even accrue disadvantage. (though not with the Thief archetypes fast hands ...)
    Advantage of disadvantage takes a lot of this and makes it's a nice clean yes/no but if you stop there then your world suddenly stops making any sense. Your actions are no longer determining the likelihood of success.
    Bold part is wrong.
    What you appear to be doing here is complaining that the d20 system in general, that's it's too swingy, and that you can't control everything.
    Unless there is a chance to fail there is no point in rolling the dice in the first place.
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    There's an interesting hill to die on. Research of the blue prints would be an interesting way to deal with a lock that is hard to open, yes. Might even negate the roll entirely. I see that you are complaining about not being able to add bonuses to the moon. The advantage feature works for the whole game.

How you apply time pressure is situationally dependent. If you have to do it fast, or perceive that, you might even accrue disadvantage. (though not with the Thief archetypes fast hands ...)
    Bold part is wrong.
    What you appear to be doing here is complaining that the d20 system in general, that's it's too swingy, and that you can't control everything.
    Unless there is a chance to fail there is no point in rolling the dice in the first place.
    They're not bonuses that you can stack because the DC doesn't exist yet. That's the entire point. You only want to have one number which is determined based on the player's action rather than a predetermined value.

In other words you don't know if the task is easy or hard because you don't know what they're doing yet

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

In other words you don't know if the task is easy or hard
    Nor do you need to. Play and find out.