New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,033 of 1033
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

This time, the group explores a vast track of jungle. They do find what appears to be the southwestern edge of Saventh-Yhi (at least in this relative area), being close to be standoffish with the ancient city for now. Then, they go as far as Book feels they will ever need to go, and then move over a little east to explore the way back. During their travels, they were being watched by 4 of what Amivor calls "kechs" (the winged simians) in the later hours during their return, but there was no attempt by the kechs to engage.

Back at camp, after the report is made, Amivor says, "No more jungle exploration. It is good to get limits, but that shouldn't be our focus ... Saventh-Yhi is, so tomorrow figure out where you want to pick your search back up and get back to the grind."

Rousing discussion, but not training.

Starday, 11 Pharast 4711 AR (First Quarter)

Task for today?
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 02-07 JUN 2024.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book suggests they head to the unexplored region they passed on the way south.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #1023

As the group begins their exploration again on the western reaches of Saventh-Yhi, in the middle of the day they hear something ... big, and slow, and plodding ... coming their way. But they don't see anything yet.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book turns and says ”Take cover!” in a loud whisper and then moves to conceal himself.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #1025

Xhanfaerd, what do you do?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Not really stealthy, Xhanfaerd moves to cover nonetheless, hoping to get a glimpse at the entity before anything happens.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #1027

As the party takes various cover ... several seconds later a massive behemoth some 40' long. Some tall, powerful saurian quadruped with a long neck slowly trundles by, a kech in its mouth and blood spattered about it without any accompanying wounds.

There is some chatter on the collective as to what it might be, but Xhanfaerd thinks that the great lizard might just be a legendary mokele-mbembe, a river cryptid that is barely seen.

Do you let it pass?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Book>>>Collective
    Show
    "Is this one of those big threats we were meant to eliminate? Could this be used as an offering to the simians?" Book asks.
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2024-05-25 at 05:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Spoiler: Sersheelda >>> Collective
    Show
    "I not know animals in Overburn. But this great guardian. You no kill or Sersheelda fight with it 'gainst you. Nature guardian."

Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective
    Show
    "I agree," comes Aron's touch. "Sersheelda is a druid, and I am an oracle of nature. We defended ourselves against the dire crocodile, as is the rule of red-in-tooth-and-claw. Attacking the great mokele-mbembe as a trophy for lesser creatures is a shame I could not face."

Spoiler: Gelik >>> Collective
    Show
    "Lesser beings?!" tele-gasps Gelik. "The kech are a fascinating, tool-using hunter tribe that seem to offer more and have greater potential than an iguana with an overactive thyroid. If we can slay such a mighty beast, we would command great respect among the savages around here."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Book>>>Collective
    Show
    "I meant no disrespect. I don't know enough about the local fauna, I guess. Let's let it pass."

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "As long as it doesn't threaten us, we should let it live. We are not here to deforest and it is an intricate part of the jungle."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

12. - Top - End - #1032

Gelik telepathically harrumphs, complaining that the head of the mokele-mbembe would be an amazing trophy.

The great beast passes and heads towards the water, out of sight and sound.

Once that happens, the party comes out of their hiding places. Aron is in awe, but Sersheelda practically has tears streaming out of her eyes, as if she witnessed one of the Wonders of the World.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book will quickly cross to the creature's path and document its footprints. Measuring the distance between each to gauge its stride and calculate height, etc.

When he is done, he turns back to the others and asks, "Is everyone ready to carry on?"