New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Cataclysm Continues Part Deux (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

This is a continuation thread from

Cataclysm Part Un

We are still using this as the Ooc/Dice Roller thread

OOC Thread

Spoiler: The Players
    Show

Ted Hundred - Human Martyred Bloodrager weilding an orcish axe, seeks vengeance against royals who killed his ancestors. Ted has already been killed once by a Ghoul Lord, and through mysterious circumstances came back to life, he now possess the eyes of a wolf when he rages, and Iron burns at his touch

Rosalina Rivet - Tiefling Divination Wizard, orphaned by her parents, expelled by multiple schools and magical teachers, she seeks arcane secrets and keeps her promises. Rose has grown wiser as the group has adventured, she now weilds the sword cane of a noble to accent the Nobility in her heart

Grey Gareth - Human Shadow Oracle, this drug addicted orphan lived in the gutter for far too long, and the shadows of his past still haunt him, while the law seeks him. The light hurts his eyes and the shadows obey him. still hesitant to trust others, grey has come to trust his companions a bit more than strangers, grey now weilds a magical dagger able to cause great harm to animals

Millie - Elan Psychometabolist Psion, this child sized guild member was able to establish herself with her natural talents, but now seeks to enrich herself and overcome challenges outside of guild life. Rest in Peace, taken by the Mysts

Amelie Pentagrast - Human Unchained Rogue, that's Miss Pentagrast mind you, she searches for clues for her brothers who went missing, weeding truth from a tangles mess of dead ends. Rest in Peace, taken by the Mysts

Cheyanne Julus - Half Orc monk and follower of Irori, This Tribal looking woman in holy robes seeks self perfection and inner enlightenment through trials and overcoming challenges. Tired of the constant racism of the ignorant locals, and strong willed enough to push forward, Cheyanne has slowly been stepping into a leadership role within the group, and even has taken up a set of Pure Iron Monk Weapons to aid in their adventure.

Helen Ancora: Human Cleric/Wizard, shy natured and humble, she has struck out to learn more about the world and perhaps lend a hand in healing it. The darkness of these lands seems to have caught her off guard as she strives to push forward

Akla Goom: Goblin Alchemist, Self sure and confident this goblin was sure to prove themselves above the common goblin monster, and prove they were no Caliban Rest in Peace, Lost to the Myst

As you gather your group together to investigate the treasures you have found on the kitchen table. You have...

1000 Silver Coins
    5 Gems worth approximately 200 gp each
    1 Scroll of Dragons Breath
    1 Pure Iron Tri Section Staff (Taken by Cheyanne)
    1 Pure Silver Morningstar (Taken by Grey)
    1 Pure Gold Weapon (unclaimed and unformed.
    1 Map of the Kartakass including Harmonia, Skald, and a Trail leading from Harmonia to a skull in the east of the country
    1 Crate of 5 Wolf puppies
    1 List of names
    Spoiler: List
    Show

Ludith Pul
    Egildag Wiersicxsoen
    Uda Allerton
    Mergriet Roelofsoon
    Eldi Back
    Harkon Lucas
    Akriel Planck
    Meginhild Roskamp
    Thiadbold Keymp
    Heiltgen Reeds
    Othilhildis van Heer
    Segecin Toyt
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-05-18 at 06:07 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cataclysm Continues Part Deux (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Helen did fastly cast a spell that would allow her to see threads of mana around magical items, and then looked at the weapon that hurt her companion.

- Might I see the wound? - she asked, hoping that looking at it would also give her some kind of idea what exactly did happen here.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Cataclysm Continues Part Deux (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Ted shows Helen the strange burn on his hand where he’d picked up the iron staff.

”I am starting to not like surprises.”

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Iron MW Sansetsukon +8 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Double-Chained Kama +7 (1d6+3/1d6+3 or 1d6+4, 20/x2)
    Siangham +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 23
    Condition Smite Evil 1/1 used today
    Lay on Hands 0/7 used today
    "These names aren't a coincidence, though I don't understand them yet..." says Cheyanne as she thinks about it and fails to come up with anything actionable. "In the meantime, we haven't found the name of the farmer and her family...that might be good, right?"

On a whim the monk-paladin stares intently at the wolf pups, curious of what she might learn about them with her divine-sight...

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Use Detect Evil on the pups...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maria gives a gentle cough.

"I could give that list of names a glance, see if any names stand out?"

Spoiler: Helen
    Show

You look Teds hand over and it looks almost like an allergic reaction, how ever violent it was.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

- Yes, please- Helen gave the woman the list of names, but was still looking intently at the wounded hand.

- Only one way to go... - she said after a moment with resolve in her voice, and then grabbed the weapon herself to look if it would "bite" her too.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maria looks over the list.

"These are common family names for people living around here, nothing stands out.... well... I've heard of Akriel, shes nice enough. Just a local sweet face you know? I wouldnt know anything more than that, sorry I couldn't be of more help."

When Helen reaches up and touches Cheyannes new Pure iron Sansetsukon, there is no unusual effect.
    Festival of Heroes:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: None

---------------

"When we arrive in Skald, we may use the remaning time before meeting Akriel to ask around about these names." Grey says pensively, before growing concerned when Helen hands the list of names to Maria; he says nothing, but he looks quite unhappy and most importantly suspicious of the interest the farmer has taken in what could be a list of targets.

Spoiler
    Show
    If allowed, I would roll Sense Motive to understand if Maria just wants to be helpful or something more sinister is at play (1d20+2)[3] (yep, my Sense Motive is downright terrible)
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Spoiler: The Players
    Show

Ted Hundred, Human rager of justice and foe of surprises.
    Rosalina Rivet, cheeky Tiefling.
    Grey Gareth, friend of the shadows (but maybe not hedgehogs).
    Cheyanne Julus, one-two punch Ork of righteousness.
    Helen Ancora, gentle Human healer of our ouchies.

1000 Silver Coins
    5 Gems worth approximately 200 gp each
    1 Scroll of Dragons Breath
    Rose will divvy up the money and gems among her companions and herself. She looks at the scroll, and raises an eyebrow at the complexity of the spell. If none of her companions object, she'll hold onto the scroll for now until it's decided if it should be used or traded for some other spell(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    "Might I see the wound? - she asked, hoping that looking at it would also give her some kind of idea what exactly did happen here."
    Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    Ted shows Helen the strange burn on his hand where he’d picked up the iron staff.
    ”I am starting to not like surprises.”
    Rose chimes in, "I found a reference here in the book, that Wolves of Kartakass do not care for "Goblyn Iron", if that's the same metal as that weapon?"

"These are common family names for people living around here, nothing stands out.... well... I've heard of Akriel, shes nice enough. Just a local sweet face you know? I wouldnt know anything more than that, sorry I couldn't be of more help."
    Rose asks Maria, "Anyone in your family dog-lovers? The pups are of a good age to train for farm duty."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maria smiles.

"Wed love some pups, get enough of them, we can start a kennel and add a new income in a few years."
    Festival of Heroes:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

- Wow - Helen blinked rapidly - Suprisingly, this weapon did not "bite" me. Even though I thought it would. Weird - she said.

- I do not know why it has bitten you. But I can care for your wound. Id does not look that serious, so I will not use my magical powers, but I can wrap it up in a bandage if you will allow me - she reached in her backpack for the things she would need to do so.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    With a satisfied nod, Cheyanne looks to the farmwoman and says, "I am sorry you and your family had to endure this tragedy and violence at the hands of your neighbors. We may not be back this way again, but you will be in my prayers and meditations." With that said, she looks to the rest of the party somewhat expectantly, but patiently, to see when they are ready to continue their travels.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I agree - we should look into more of the names in town.

13. - Top - End - #13

"Wed love some pups, get enough of them, we can start a kennel and add a new income in a few years."
    Rose smiles back. she looks over to Grey. "Did you want one...? Thought I heard you comment about the pups?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2024-05-22 at 10:10 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #14

---------------

Grey turns towards Rose and frowns at her question, mulls on it for a few moments then sighs and shrugs "Guess I am an adventurer now. Can't really bring a pup with me when we have to fight monsters." he says with a hint of regret, a couple more pets at the friendliest of the bunch before standing up and readying himself to leave the place.

15. - Top - End - #15

Rose never had a pet herself, and she knows diddly squat on caring for one. Indeed, there's a reason she doesn't even have a familiar... and Grey makes a good point. They're adventurers.

She bids the pups farewell and goes to follow Grey. Rose is ready to continue.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted too pets the pups as he prepares to leave.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the group leaves the pups with Maria, she expresses her gratitude. Once you leave you get back on the trail to skald.

Everyone give me perception checks
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #18

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    "Farewell, Maria. Take care of your family and know you are in my prayers," says Cheyanne as the party leaves, her expression genuine and concerned. "I do not know what the future holds for us, but should we wander this way again I will come by to visit."

Once on the road again Cheyanne comfortably takes a position roving forward and back, trying to ensure she notices if anyone trails the party or lies in ambush. "Grey, you mind staying opposite me most of the time? I know the sun doesn't help you see, but you or Ted are likely the next best scouts and Ted can stay with the spellcasters to defend them if we miss something..."

Show
    Perception: (1d20+9)[12]

19. - Top - End - #19

Everyone give me perception checks
    Feeling an odd tug by the forces that narrate over these lands, Rose perks up her ears a bit and glances around as the party travels.

Perception: (1d20+7)[15]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Knowing that danger could lurk behind any bush, Ted keeps an eye out as he takes his position as Cheyenne suggested.

OOC: Perception (1d20+8)[17]

21. - Top - End - #21

---------------

Grey nods to Cheyanne and marches at some distance from her, trying to keep his eyes peeled even though the cursed sun makes the task difficult enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[15]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen was sad that she had to leave the pups behind, but she also knew that it was all for the best. Perhaps because she was missing already the little beasts, was why she was thoughtful and did not look too sharp at the things that were happening around her...

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the party walked along, there was a moment where everything was eerily quiet as if the world had gone silent in these woods.

Spoiler: Ted
    Show

You can hear the gnashing of teeth and metal as metal is twisted and ripped apart. The hair on your arms stands up. Something is making your heart race in anxiety.

The world explodes again into abrupt sound as 5 small squat green creatures explode from the woods. They look as if a medium creature has been squished down into 3 feet, their oblong heads contain mouths with three rows of teeth that glitter in the sunlight. Their eyes are dark and filled with menace. They hold axes with heads that have chips and chunks broken out of their blades. They leap upon your group, attacking each of you.

Vs Flat-footed Cheyanne
    (1d20+10)[30] Bite
    (1d20+10)[16] confirm roll
    [roll]1d6+4+3d6[/roll] [17]
    (1d6+4)[10] crit damage [Plus 2 charisma Damage]

Vs Flat-footed Rose
    (1d20+10)[23] Bite
    (1d20+10)[26] confirm roll
    [roll]1d6+4+3d6[/roll] [16]
    (1d6+4)[10] crit damage [Plus 2 charisma Damage]

Vs Flat-footed Grey
    (1d20+10)[14] Bite
    (1d20+10)[28] confirm roll
    [roll]1d6+4+3d6[/roll] [20]
    (1d6+4)[9] crit damage [Plus 2 charisma Damage]

Vs Flat-footed Helen
    (1d20+10)[26] Bite
    (1d20+10)[25] confirm roll
    [roll]1d6+4+3d6[/roll] [21]
    (1d6+4)[5] crit damage. [Plus 2 charisma Damage]

Vs Ted
    (1d20+10)[18] Bite
    (1d20+10)[30] confirm roll
    (1d6+4)[7]
    (1d6+4)[9] crit damage

[[Ted you may act on this suprise round, you can use a standard or Move Action]]
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-05-28 at 12:06 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 35/52, Speed 40 ft
    Condition Smite Evil 0/1 used today
    "Ow! We're under attack!" cries Cheyanne as she's bitten, nearly critically...

Show
    Vs Flat-Footed AC, the bite does not confirm the critical hit.

Initiative: (1d20+5)[14]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted was expecting wolves or something, and these were … something. The infamous Goblyns maybe?

In any case, he wasn’t bitten yet and it was time to kill or be killed …

OOC: rage
    Attack (1d20+14)[23], damage (3d6+11)[25]
    Initiative (1d20+2)[8]

26. - Top - End - #26

Rose's sixth sense kicks in, pushing her to act quickly. She steps back away from the creature and casts Invisibility on herself.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As those of you feel your flesh ripped open, you can see the glitter of metal in your open wounds from the bites of these creatures.

[Initiative Block 1]
    Rose
    Monsters

[Initiative Block 2]
    Cheyanne
    Ted
    Helen
    Grey

((Cheyanne take your standard or move, then rose can go next))
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-05-29 at 05:22 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

28. - Top - End - #28

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 37/52, Speed 40 ft
    Condition Smite Evil 0/1 used today
    "Hai!" yells the monk as she strikes with her new staff, a brief flash of light occurring nearly simultaneously.

Show
    Standard to attack with her new Pure Iron MW Sansetsukon: (1d20+8)[15] to hit, (1d20+8)[17] (19-20/x2), (1d10+4)[11] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[6] critical strike damage.

Use Lay on Hands (swift action) on herself: heal (1d6)[2] HPs.

29. - Top - End - #29

Rose casts Haste, trying to push her allies to move quickly and dispatch these monsters. She then backs up a safe distance to figure out her next move.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Well, with Hastr cast on everyone, you all get

+1 attack
    +1 Dodge AC
    +30 Movement

The Ugly squat creatures continue their attacks.

Vs Cheyanne
    (1d20+10)[13] Bite
    (1d20+10)[16] Confirm
    (1d6+4)[6] damage
    (1d6)[3] Crit damage, Plus 2 Charisma Damage if Crit Confirms

Vs Grey Flatfooted
    (1d20+10)[16] Bite
    (1d20+10)[29] Confirm
    [roll]1d6+3d6+4[/roll] damage [16]
    (1d6)[5] Crit damage, Plus 2 Charisma Damage if Crit Confirms

The Creature chases after Rose with Chomping teeth.
    Vs Rose
    (1d20+10)[27] Bite
    (1d20+10)[16] Confirm
    (1d6+4)[7] damage
    (1d6)[1] Crit damage, Plus 2 Charisma Damage if Crit Confirms

Vs Helen Flatfooted
    (1d20+10)[12] Bite
    (1d20+10)[21] Confirm
    [roll]1d6+3d6+4[/roll] damage [20]
    (1d6)[2] Crit damage, Plus 2 Charisma Damage if Crit Confirms

Vs Ted
    (1d20+10)[29] Bite
    (1d20+10)[26] Confirm
    (1d6+4)[10] damage
    (1d6)[2] Crit damage, Plus 2 Charisma Damage if Crit Confirms

Spoiler: Ted
    Show
    When this creature bites you, its teeth sinking into your flesh, the glittering bits of metal in its maw seems to ignite a burning sensation upon your hide. Instead of taking 10 damage, you find yourself VULNERABLE to this metal, and thus their bite. taking Double damage [20] instead of 10.

Even with the magical benefits from Rose, Helen was just not fast enough to evade the shark like teeth of the creatures. She is felled to the ground, her chest no longer rising and falling with the tell-tale sign of breath.

[Its everyone but Roses Turn]
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; Yesterday at 04:51 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: