New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,351 to 1,372 of 1372
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Correct. That was fast.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    Correct. That was fast.
    Yeah, the phrase "To which the answer is: bye!" immediately sprang to mind when I read the question and from there it was a matter of remembering who said it.

Taking the OQ: Find a "gloop" sound effect.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ettin in the Playground

I was thinking this was the BBQ sauce trap, but that's more of a "sploosh!" Have to keep looking.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

I found the gloop just when the question timed out and I was about to post that I give up. #802 11th panel, Vaarsuvius and Blackwing arriving on the Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing!

I also found a lot of “sploosh” sound effects. It looks like that's the Giant's go-to any time a liquid appears. I won't list instances here because we could instead ask “find three ‘sploosh’ sound effects“ then “find three more ‘sploosh’ sound effects” as trivia questions later. But for now, I ask something different.

Find me three strips where someone thinks or talks about what's in the head of a member of the OotS.

Update: late hint
    Spoiler: hint
    Show
    One is about a non-undead who likes to eat brains, one involves healers, and one explains an exercise.

Update 2024-05-06T16:38Z: revealing solution because my question timed out, but I'm putting it in spoilers in case you want to think more since it was weekend.

-----

Also, for the title of the next thread,
    I vote for “Order of the Stick trivia 25: We're on an adventure!!” because questions to find a squirrel holding an acorn in #206 last panel somehow always compel the answerers to say “I'm on an adventure!!”.
    I also vote for “Order of the Stick trivia 25: world record”, for another frequent question.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2024-05-06 at 11:46 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    The question remains open, but let me add a question of my own. Is it the time to decide the next thread's title?
    If so, and since I believe there was a consensus for a Sending joke, here are my propositions (with links to the relevant comic):
    Order of the Stick Trivia XXV: Who can get anything meaningful said in 25 frickin' -
    Alternatively, you could use, from the same strip "I actually have words left? Then allow me to say…" or "Sorry, ran out of words again".

My fourth and last proposal: Order of the Stick Trivia XXV: 25 synonyms for "buffoon" .

What do you all think?
    I still like both of these title proposals from Copper. Not sure which one would be better though.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking the OQ.

Find proof that dwarves (or Sigdi Thundershield, at least) aren't homophobic.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As stated elsewhere, I took the bait:

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0983.html

OQ.
    This space for rent.

8. - Top - End - #1358

ClericGuy

What kind of dish is the opposite of revenge?

24 hour hint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beni is on the right track! It IS something that's served the opposite of cold, but warm isn't fully opposite.

Answer: if revenge is best served cold, then Allosaurus is best served piping hot!

OQ!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2024-05-19 at 08:40 AM.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    What kind of dish is the opposite of revenge?
    Sadly for a certain kobold, it might be cat feces.

OQ if I'm right, but I don't think so.

Definitely voting for "Who can get anything said in 25 friggin'..."
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2024-05-17 at 08:44 AM.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

10. - Top - End - #1360

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    Sadly for a certain kobold, it might be cat feces.

OQ if I'm right, but I don't think so.

Definitely voting for "Who can get anything said in 25 friggin'..."
    Nope, that's definitely a form of revenge. Served warm it may be, but it's still revenge.

24-hour hint added above!

Answer added. OQ now!
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2024-05-19 at 08:40 AM.
    ~Robin McKinley

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Find me an explanation for getting less than usual of something done in three hours.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

enq: I remember this one. Sabine had errands to run, explaining in #394 last panel. OQ.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Answer: if revenge is best served cold, then Allosaurus is best served piping hot!
    Question: What else is preferred piping hot?
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-05-29 at 01:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1364

BardGuy

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I havent done one of these in a while so ill take a go

Why did the world miss out on some of the best tasting cherry turnovers?

16. - Top - End - #1366

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBush View Post
    I havent done one of these in a while so ill take a go

Why did the world miss out on some of the best tasting cherry turnovers?
    A Wizard Did It!

17. - Top - End - #1367

ClericGuy

Show me a compliment and an insult in the same dialogue bubble/oval.

EDIT: I am so sorry everyone, I really need to not post a question on the weekend. I end up getting distracted too easily. Hint time!

Spoiler
    Show
    The compliment is of the other person's intelligence, and the insult is against their sanity.

Or feel free to post a new question and call this one a bust, your choice.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2024-06-02 at 05:52 AM.
    ~Robin McKinley

18. - Top - End - #1368

Show me a compliment and an insult in the same dialogue bubble/oval.

EDIT: I am so sorry everyone, I really need to not post a question on the weekend. I end up getting distracted too easily. Hint time!

Spoiler
    Show
    The compliment is of the other person's intelligence, and the insult is against their sanity.

Or feel free to post a new question and call this one a bust, your choice.
    Sorry, I fell asleep on this one. It's Haley raining on Celia (instead of the rain (that just stopped raining)).

19. - Top - End - #1369

BardGuy

Find me Haley with her bow drawn, ready to fire an arrow, while she already has an arrow in the air. The bowstring must be pulled back; it's not enough that the arrow is nocked.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

enq: That's a good one. #62 1st; #346 5th; I wonder if there's a third we can find to turn this to a find three strips question. OQ.
    Last edited by b_jonas; Today at 02:44 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Find me Haley with her bow drawn, ready to fire an arrow, while she already has an arrow in the air. The bowstring must be pulled back; it's not enough that the arrow is nocked.
    5th panel here? https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0518.html

OQ if so.

22. - Top - End - #1372

BardGuy

All good. See, I don't have enough time on my hands to find sets of three these days