New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

Sadar

Having trailed the others sword in hand, and skin still itching slightly from where the spiders had savaged him the day before he'd been quiet. Cowed slightly by the tomb all around him. At the creature sitting up he made ready with the sword but then stood silently, looking to his allies, "What manner creature is that?" he asks the others hoping one can recall more than he does.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Kheti translates, and the creature responds in turn. “Gods have died… tell me, does Isis still live? Empires have died… does Osirion endure?

“The process comes with rules enacted at that time: I cannot leave this room unless my existence is threatened or the chamber is opened through other means; I must kill any who enter with the key, touch the lock, or attempt to open the chamber directly; I cannot destroy myself in whole or in part - there are others too, but they do not come up so I do not remember them.

“The final resting place of the Great Archvizier Khur Dhahab is what this key unlocks.

“The other doors should contain the other two locks, same key, and guardians appointed by the other gods.”

Spoiler: Gurmok
    Show
    At Sadar’s question, Gurmok thinks about what he is witnessing. Although Gurmok has no idea what this creature is exactly, he is fairly confident that it is both undead and not inherently evil. Non-evil undead are quite rare, but they can happen.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"So, we're not allowed further," Dalnu asked, "is there some horror beyond the door that shouldn't be unearthed? And do you know what the other guardians look like?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

He shakes his head, “the dead should be protected always, and for the most honored and sacred dead, protection is mandated by the gods. Pharaohs and their families, Viziers, High Priests and Priestesses, Generals, Governors - all deserve the greatest security the living can provide. I do not know who serve the other gods as guardians of the sacred dead. The Vapors of Isis are high magic and I was made a sword sovereign at twenty, so all of you will die if you try to open the lock.” After a pause he adds, “if you see them and describe them to me, I may be able to tell you what they are.”